• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• Imagine Dragons

Votes: 39 11.1%
  • Maroon 5

Votes: 57 16.2%
  • Train

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • Nickelback

Votes: 33 9.4%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 209 59.5%

• Total voters
Nov 1, 2017
Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, and Viva la Vida are legit good albums. Like, not "compared to bad bands good" but objectively good.

Yup. I recently picked up their first 2 on vinyl and yeah these are both great albums. Will always regret not seeing them tour during this era. I used to watch the concert DVD from their show in Toronto.

As for the topic it's Maroon 5. They've got some inoffensive bops, and I never really understood the hate they got.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
None. I listened to a miniscule bit of Nickelback (bc my mom had a CD. She got a lot of CDs from a friend at Universal) and Maroon 5 back in middle school.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not a super fan but I like Slipknot. Some of the stuff they do with percussion is pretty cool. The first three albums were all highly enjoyable for me with Iowa as a standout both as being part of their catalog and for getting music closer to the "extreme" edge on to mainstream radio.

Then they kind of just became whatever but there latest album is pretty decent and feels closer to the older stuff.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Used to be a Maroon 5 fan, but Adam Levine was an asshole at Viña Del Mar so not as big a fan anymore...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I would only recognise the songs if Imagine Dragons, someone would have to tell me for the others.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Maroon 5's debut is genuinely great but then it became Adam Levine and friends and since their output has been terrible.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Slipknot, though I'm not a huge fan. I have a greatest hits comp, their demo from before Corey joined and their last album.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is... is this a joke? Aren't these widely considered to be terrible? If you're just judging on similar music, then I guess I'd have to hold my nose and pick Nickelback. Slipknot is too loud and angry and the others are too whiny and sappy and just not for me.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Slipknot is the least awful by a long shot, but they have a lot of awful on their resume. Train is the most inoffensively bad, which is part of their whole problem to begin with, but I guess they come second.

Literally, no exaggeration or hyperbole, the worst mainstream music song I have ever heard in my 30+ years on this planet.

I don't know, there's a good argument for Thunder.

God Imagine Dragons are the fucking worst.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
NIckelback. Been a fan of theirs since high school. Slipknot is my second choice, and honestly they tend to make better music, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
None, caught slip knot live a few years ago, they weren't bad, I just wanted to get out of the house and some friends were going so I tagged along

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are bands teens were listening to when I was in my twenties/thirties so my exposure to them is kind of minimal. I can't say I'm a big fan of what I have heard of any of them.

Space Gomez

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Parachutes is a masterpiece. Their most recent album, Everyday Life, is great as well. Doesn't sound like the same band that made Mylo Xyloto and Head Full of Dreams.
Hot take: Mylo Xyloto is one of their best albums

Paradise is hot garbage though and I skip it every time I listen to that album. Nothing of value is lost.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Honestly, Imagine Dragons is the only one of these I'd switch off if I heard them on the radio. The rest are fine. I wouldn't call myself a fan of any of them, but at least the others all have a song or two I like.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
None of the Above or Thor 2 should have been an option lol

If I had to pick one, I guess Slipknot? Out of all of the lead singers, it's only one with a decent voice, even if he's screaming some of the time.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I would rather listen to silence than any of these bands. Slipknot is okay, but not my thing, and the others are truly some trash tier bands. Liking these is a banned from the aux chord level offense.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you put Slipknot with the rest of those bands with the impression you've made a full list of bad bands, you are mistaken. That said, I'm not a big fan of Slipknot or the rest of 'em, but I can listen to Slipknot.