• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My #1 wish is for bnet to be on literally any other launcher, blizz will never do it tho.

EGS is so goddamn bare bones its almost a performative work of art so basically it needs everything

Origin is ok I guess? Its so meh I cant even think of an issue there.

Steam is ok too but I think I'm not a huge fan of the new library look.

The Xbox PC app might actually be my favorite.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i like gog galaxy 2.0 since it puts all your games in one place
i just use other launchers to download and buy now

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
GOG Galaxy probably? It tends to be my first choice but Steam's variety means I have more games there than anywhere else. So I suppose the main improvement I'd like is more games available and expanding the GOG Connect feature. That and more built-in modding features (a la Steam Workshop).

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
just steam, my friends are on there to chat with when im at work

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Steam is great for me personally, never had any issues with it (love the new library honestly, apart from the community shit)
Bnet is decent too, and so is the current Uplay.
GOG Galaxy 2.0 and EGS are okay.
Origin is abysmal, for me at least.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with most of them. Steam is the obvious best because it has had all this time to improve. It's basically the PC version of PSN/Xbox Live.

Other launchers are OK, except for the Xbox app which is extremely customer unfriendly as it installs games into a location you're not allowed to access under any circumstance. When Xbox is the only one that is actively going out of its way to prevent modding, it deserves a place as the shittiest launcher on PC.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If there's one good thing I'll say about Origin it's that their customer support has been far more helpful than anyone else's. Also got all of The Sims 2 + xpacs for free that one time. Otherwise I'm pretty neutral on it.

The Xbox App is pretty much just a Game Pass delivery system to me, but even then there's a lot of games it just refuses to install so I avoid it otherwise. Weirdly enough the Microsoft Store was a lot more consistent.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I'm fine with most of them. Steam is the obvious best because it has had all this time to improve. It's basically the PC version of PSN/Xbox Live.

Other launchers are OK, except for the Xbox app which is extremely customer unfriendly as it installs games into a location you're not allowed to access under any circumstance. When Xbox is the only one that is actively going out of its way to prevent modding, it deserves a place as the shittiest launcher on PC.
Yeah forgot to mention the Xbox App, for some reason it just won't work for me, and I can't get consistent download speeds, at all.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
GoG or Microsoft Store because the games don't need an app to be running in the background to launch the game.

So best launcher? Windows.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
GOG Galaxy 2.0 is golden, it just needs that the plugins are not always logging out on their own to be perfect.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I had no idea about the Xbox app holy shit.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I installed GoG Galaxy 2.0 the other day and is al OST perfect. Having my whole digital library in one place in just what I always wanted.

Oct 26, 2017
I think Epic Games, i got a lot of free games and it's working really good so far.

I also use Steam, uplay, origin, gog galaxy and xbox app tho

Jun 26, 2018
Blizzard launcher has been pretty alright, especially with letting you start games when they're playable instead of having to wait till they're done installing. Only wish you could remove the games I'm not interested in from it.

Also inb4 lock, lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
god, now I need want to make another drunk sims music thread

i cried tears of joy during the last one i made

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
GoG Galaxy 2.0 is probably my favourite in concept. Steam is the GOAT as per usual but a lot of the UI can use some updating, the new library/chat is nice but it's very out of place amongst the rest of Steam. BPM especially needs some UI love. The rest, excepting EGS which is still laughably barebones (barely more than a minimum viable product), is differing shades of "It's fine".

Edit: Oh yeah, fuck the Windows Store/Xbox for PC, UWP can die in a fire lol (slightly extra but I hate UWP, at least for games.)

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Steam, and I'm not even talking about features, just basic support for its customers.

- It does support currencies of 3rd world countries
- It has regional pricing for said 3rd world countries
- It does supply gift cards in said 3rd world countries
- It has no 'question asked' refund system

No other launcher has a worldwide customer support that's even remotely close to that.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My case's power button is my favorite PC launcher.
Sometimes, when things go real bad, I use the one on my motherboard.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, Steam is by far the best launcher. The fact that when I use it to play games, it either uses my main monitor or my triple setup but instantly sets my tv as the main display for games if I use big picture mode? Godly.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Steam. GOG 2.0 is great. But I play VR and on my TV quite a bit so I need big picture mode and Steam VR often.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Steam is my favorite just from my sheer library of games from them.
But i also use GOG Galaxy 2.0 too keep all of my games in one service and it's great. Hopefully they will add more platforms in the future.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Steam because it's the only commercial launcher with a Big Picture Mode and I'm a PC couch gamer. Really wish GOG Galaxy 2.0 would add one.

Thank goodness it's easy to add games to Steam from all the other launchers.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I want more customization over my Steam Library. Let me rename and resort my games as I will. I hate looking at the list of Resident Evil games that have inconsistent capitalization and the Japanese title bolted on, or looking at the number of series sorted out of order.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Steam is the best for me, Origin and Uplay feel pretty close but I don't like their library management and Origin seems to be really slow to update games. Feels like it takes ages to recheck the entire folder before downloading or something I always dread when a game needs updated on Origin. Uplay gets some kudos for working great with Steam so I can use the controller and screenshot functions and stuff whereas Origin can be a bit iffy.
I like GOG Galaxy only just started using it the only thing I've found is I can't tell if my games need updates or if they have multiple versions like you could with the offline installers but it looks like a real clean library and it all worked.

Oh and windows launcher, I'm not a fan but I haven't used it much. I've got Gears of War 4 and had Gamepass for a month and it seems like the most restrictive of the bunch.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steam because it's the only commercial launcher with a Big Picture Mode and I'm a PC couch gamer. Really wish GOG Galaxy 2.0 would add one.

Thank goodness it's easy to add games to Steam from all the other launchers.

I gave up on that and just deal with having an HDMI cable running from my PC to the TV.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Steam, but only really because I've been using it for almost 2 decades, the windows launcher is probably the best of the bunch. I do check EGS every few days for whatever free game they are giving, I'm just adding them to my back log, but hey I had it downloaded for UE4 (hobbist game developer here) and for fortnite when they added PVP for the first month or so.

If Steam had a classic mode, where the look was from 2009 or so, I'd enjoy that. Simple and fast. The store sucks on steam imo, it's just bloated and doesn't give great info, I wish it was as useful as say the Amazon store front, where it would give me suggestions of games in the genre I recently played or looked at, it could also help with connecting with my friends more, showing what is popular among them (opt in). I don't know, I feel like as long as the game is on PC and not on origin or Uplay, I'll be happy.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Steam by a country mile. Everything is within convenient reach, games auto update (and you have the option to disable that on individual games if you know there are problems with a patch etc), Steam Big Screen is great for controller use, controller functionality is perfectly handled by Steam no more need for third party applications to do the job etc. Valve have funneled so much into Steam to the benefit of all of its users, its a no brainer for me. After that both Origin and GoG have their uses and I don't mind their respective UI quirks but I'll stand by Steam for my main PC library fix.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It'd be nice if Steam had an option to save chat logs locally. Also, Valve sorely needs to modernise Steam's release process: add an option for unencrypted pre-loads and allow publishers to set up a release schedule that is automatically processed by Steam's backend. Ubi, Squeenix, Bethesda, etc. have all dropped support for rolling unlocks on Steam over the past few years or so, and I can't say I blame them.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
A poll could have done wonders, because it will be extremely hard to read each and every post to see 'which one is your favorite launcher'!?.