• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the meme king?

• Sesame Street

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Spongebob

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Seinfeld and/or Friends

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • The Simpsons

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Marvel Live Action

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 90s X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man, and other hero cartoons

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I know there are a ton of memes out there, but I chose the ones I personally see the most. Also keep in mind that a reaction image or gif is not the same as a meme, so think about that before you put The Simpsons.

Oct 27, 2017
I dread to think how much of my daily mental capacity is taken up by remembering Simpsons scenes and quotes while I'm supposed to be doing something more constructive.

My wife suffers quite badly with anxiety and she asked me yesterday how I seem to just be able to cope without worrying about everything or overthinking things. Genuinely, I think it's because my brain just ticks along full of stuff like The Simpsons why I get through the day.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The Simpsons is a show that has a gif for every situation

Spongebob is the show that people continue to find ways to make memes out of

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Hard choice between Spongebob and The Simpsons. Went for Spongebob as that's usually what I see on Instagram/Twitter.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably a generational thing between the simpsons and spongebob.

also a reaction image or gif is a meme

fromotogi

Banned
Apr 30, 2022
SpongeBob had the most reach in my country, though the other shows (except I think Seinfeld) are also popular.

I'll go with that.

I'd say Yu Yu Hakusho is more iconic than Seinfeld.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
f544082506844604ce1c0051267cf4e2.png

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spongebob is the only one that gives the Simpsons any competition at all and it's good to see the poll reflects that.

fromotogi

Banned
Apr 30, 2022
In the Philippines, the Simpsons only ever aired on local TV in the 90s (and early 2000s I think?) on RPN 9 (the channel that I remember airing the sitcom Friends, Buffy the Vampire slayer and Ranma 1/2). After that, it was only available on Cable TV, which not everyone had, making it's impact not as big.

I caught it on Cartoon Network, and some cable channel I forgot.
youtu.be

Cartoon Network Philippines - The Simpsons Promo and Bumper Collection (2006)

Found a ton of these on a Cartoon Network Philippines producer's Vimeo channel. You can find them here: https://vimeo.com/user11589136A couple of these are f...

SpongeBob on the other, in addition to airing on Nick SEA, was also constantly on local tv since 2001, jumping networks from RPN 9, ABC/TV5, Qtv 11 and then to ABS-CBN.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Can someone please direct me to Sesame Street memes, I feel like I don't see nearly enough of those.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Simpsons for me. I never watched Spongebob, it was like a few years too late for me, so I don't really get most of the memes. Simpsons was peak TV for me growing up, so even having not watched the show in ~20 years, the template still makes sense and most of the character jokes make sense to me.