• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Starfield

Votes: 559 18.5%
  • Forspoken

Votes: 94 3.1%
  • Breath of Wild 2

Votes: 1,003 33.2%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 444 14.7%
  • Pokémon Legends Arceus

Votes: 68 2.3%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 852 28.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
No one makes an open world like Bethesda. If they did I would know bc they're my favorite style of open world games.
I even loved Fallout 3 and all its dlc and 4 was pretty good.. I loooove ES but yeah 4 was just ok, and 76 was a fucking disaster, i hope its something just well made.. Im glad the creation 2.0 engine doesnt look like shit now.. i just hope is their least buggy game and its fun to play. and not just ES in space! but yeah their games on pc are great but you most of the time have to mod them to get the best out of them....

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I even loved Fallout 3 and all its dlc and 4 was pretty good.. I loooove ES but yeah 4 was just ok, and 76 was a fucking disaster, i hope its something just well made.. Im glad the creation 2.0 engine doesnt look like shit now.. i just hope is their least buggy game and its fun to play. and not just ES in space! but yeah their games on pc are great but you most of the time have to mod them to get the best out of them....

I replied bc I didn't agree with the idea that there are other companies doing what Bethesda does with open worlds.

As for the rest of this 76 is a really good game now, and I really didn't like it on release. I also play Bethesda games on consoles nowadays and don't use mods, they don't need mods to be good/great games.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
  1. Breath of the Wild 2
  2. Forspoken / Horizon Forbidden West
Don't care about Elden Ring.

I want to be hopeful about Pokemon Arceus, but I'm really not.

And I'm not gonna place Starfiled on this list since we haven't seen gameplay of it yet.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring is the presumably the first to release of the three I'm interested in. So that.

BoTW2 is right up there with it and Starfield is in distant third. The rest, I sleep.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
No FFXVI on this list? SMH

Anyways, I voted for Pokemon Legends Arceus. This was the main reason I wanted a Switch Pro. If this game has shitty graphics like Sword and Shield did… I don't know, I might buy Gen 9 day one. Sucks there's no competition, so I always gotta go to Gamefreak for my legal animal abuse simulator.

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
Starfield out of this list but what about Massive's open world Avatar game? It looks absolutely amazing.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Damn Forspoken is being robbed in this poll.

That one is most exciting to me because it has the highest likelihood of bring something new to the format. Everything else listed is pretty much a known quantity (I know we don't know a lot about Starfield specifically, but I expect it to be substantially similar to Fallout/Elder Scrolls).

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
None of those, Fable probably, or avowed. I don't really like Bethesda open world games, my favorite RPGs were always BioWares and now BioWare is not making good games so obsidian is a back up I guess.
It would be zelda, if it wasn't a sequel to Botw.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I wish I could be excited about Arceus, but maybe if it deviates enough from the gym structure it could be fun. Stuff like having overworld puzzles, or making use of the overworld when catching or battling Pokémon would be interesting. They could learn a thing or two from BotW or Pokémon Ranger by making the Pokémon actual gameplay tools to interact with the overworld.
Ranger-overworld.png
zelda-ice-pillar-solution-600x328.jpg

I'm most excited about Botw2 because I miss thematic dungeons and getting new gameplay tools and story during the adventure.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Since I only have a PS5 right now and that's all I plan on having for the foreseeable I'm gonna have to go with Horizon. Really enjoyed the first one and I'm confident Forbidden West will be even better.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
I love love love Zelda ... but it's Elden Ring. I'm ready for a new, big souls-like game again.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Damn Forspoken is being robbed in this poll.

That one is most exciting to me because it has the highest likelihood of bring something new to the format. Everything else listed is pretty much a known quantity (I know we don't know a lot about Starfield specifically, but I expect it to be substantially similar to Fallout/Elder Scrolls).

What if Forsaken's openworld gets reduced into being something along the lines of the other SE games? Same potential.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield and Elden Ring are the most appealing in this list, new I.P, new worlds, new mechanics.

But obviously Starfield as the most anticipated. Feels like just the type of game to give BGS that spark to create something special.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon or Botw2, though things can change my opinion of those really quickly and neither is guaranteed to be a slam dunk for me. The rest I have no interest in or I'm not expecting much.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Voted BotW 2 but Starfield is the other one I'm keen on.

Horizon 2, eh. I'll replay the first one sometime over the next few months but I'm not thinking of getting it straight away, depends what's out around the same time.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Starfield by far then Pokémon then Elden Ring.

Im a big Bethesda fan and even with their stumbles in their most recent releases I'm feeling really good about what they've said and shown for this one along with the improvements made to their current live games over time.

Pokémon is Pokémon it's just built in nostalgia no matter how much the gamesdisappoint me every time I'm there for life.

Elden ring I'm hyped about just because of the caliber of the studio and how special I'm hoping the story to be.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
By order of excitement:

1. Breath of the Wild 2
The first one is my favorite game of all time. I want the new one so bad.

2. Elden Ring
I love open world games and I love dark souls.

3. Starfield
I've spent hundreds of hours playing Skyrim, and I love sci-fi, but the game's designs have lowered my hype. I was hoping for Skyrim meets Mass Effect, not Fall Out meets NASA.

4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
I honestly don't think GF is up to the task, but I hope I'm wrong.

5. Horizon Forbidden West
The first one was nice.

6. Forspoken
No idea what to expect from this.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
1 — Elden Ring (aka Horse Souls/Big Dark Souls/literally Dark Souls 4 but with another name and I love it! Day 1 buy)

2 — Horizon Forbidden West (female main character and it just looks amazing, so I'm looking forward to it)

3 — Forspoken (female protagonist is great, but we know next to nothing about this game, so it gets third place)

4 — Starfield (the first real next gen Xbox AAA exclusive and the first new Bethesda IP in 25 years! I'm interested in seeing what they can do with their new engine since TES VI will probably look similar to Starfield. Unfortunately, this game being released in late 2022 means TES VI is too far away, and I don't even own a Xbox or a gaming PC yet, so it gets fourth place)

5 — Zelda BOTW 2 (I hoped Princess Zelda would be playable this time, but then the new trailer showed her being thrown into a dark hole, so I don't want to get my hopes up. Also I didn't even finish the first game since there are basically no dungeons + no story + empty open world + weapons breaking all the time is too annoying. Honestly, BOTW disappointed me. I guess I may end up buying the sequel, but I'm not very excited about it right now...)

6 — Pokemon Legends Arceus (Ugh Pokemon. It used to be my favorite series as a child, but I'm done with it since Sword and Shield happened. Also Arceus just looks really rough...)

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to BotW2 and Elden Ring the most. Kinda burned out on open world games so I might skip most of the other ones.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably Horizon. Its definitely the one I had the most fun with combat wise. And the story was super intriguing so I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
BOTW2, although Elden Ring is much closer than I would have though a few months ago.

And I'm honestly expecting half the other games on that list to be bad.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely zelda. I loved botw1 and I want more.

I'm looking forward to Elden Ring too, but I'm not convinced the open world will do it any favors.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield, easily.

Bethesda's first new IP in 25 years. Next gen only. Brand new engine. Exclusive to Xbox/PC. In development for many many years with real AAA ambitions. Killer teaser trailer.

Plus, the genre (sci-if/space exploration) is right up my alley.

Can't wait!

Oct 26, 2017
The only one I'm hyped for is BotW 2. The rest I either don't care about, like Elden Ring, or am more more cautious on, like Pokémon: Legends of Arceus. Something like Horizon 2 could be a maybe depending on how I feel about Horizon 1 when I get around to it

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
BotW's sequel and Elden Ring have me hyped as fuck. I'm mostly looking forward to Starfield to release simply so Bethesda starts full production on TESVI.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Easily Elden Ring. I'm surprised so many choose Starfield as number one. My faith in Bethesda has declined with every new game they've made.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
I feel like I know what all of these games are going to be except for Starfield, which is why I'm most excited for that one.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I'm happy to see the poll results are correct (even though Horizon is probably over-represented).

Was definitely a tough call between Elden Ring and BOTW2.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
BOTW2 at #1 because it will surely be great.
#2 Forspoken because SE games are unpredictable nowadays.
#3 Starfield because I like the concept but it's even more an unknown quantity.
#4 Horizon2 because they'd have to improve a lot of stuff for me to want to play it.

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017
elden ring, like besides stanning the souls series kind of blatantly, I feel like botw2 is gonna be an iteration of a great thing into a potentially greater thing (which is incredible, I'm excited and confident that this game will be great and probably subvert my expectations) and that elden ring is kind of either gonna be this new thing or the culmination of a couple things that I've felt were fairly flawless

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Elden Ring first. Horizon second.

Need to see more from Forspoken and Starfield to know if I even want to play them.

BOTW looks interesting but I doubt I'll ever buy a switch unless they release a docked-only version with a pro controller for a lower price. Couldn't care less about Pokemon.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Theft Auto VI

But since that isn't an option, it would probably be a tie between Horizon and Forspoken, if only for the fact that I'm a shitty Playstation fangirl who neither owns a Switch nor an Xbox. I'll give it to Horizon though, just because it's the safe bet for me.