• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one of these rhythm games do you most want to see get a new release?

• Gitaroo Man

Votes: 31 12.3%
  • Ouendan

Votes: 100 39.7%
  • PaRappa

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Samba

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Another title

Votes: 88 34.9%

• Total voters

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
The last "current gen" DDR was released 10 years ago for the Wii. As for the "PC Version" they are making a browser-only game, I don't think I'd call that a "current gen" DDR game either, any more than the mobile games. If you're not dancing on pads with your feet, it's not DDR.

Here is somebody playing the browser only game Dance Dance Revolution V on a pad with their feet, so guess it is DDR 😂.

Jokes aside I don't understand why this is the only one of their PC ports that is browser based, while IIDX, Pop'n, Gitadora, SDVX, and Nostalgia are programs.

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a new Gitaroo Man.
That was my introduction to rhythm games, and I spent hundreds of hours playing it until I S ranked every song (except San-bone Trio Master Mode, but got really close many times).

One day, I want to buy a DDR arcade machine and load all kinds of of different mixes into it. Currently still have a PS2 hooked up to a CRT with a 15 year old pad that miraculously still mostly works. (Start button's broken). I got all the PS2 mixes, plus ITG and Etreme jp.
Got back into it recently, and my lack of stamina compared to before is staggering, but somehow it seems my technique is better, as I'm wiping the floor with my old high scores on the less intense songs.

I'd also really like to see Theatrhythm All-Star Carnival to see a console release.

Last edited:

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like all of the Bemani titles in a digestable, less consumer hostile business model (you know, like the old mixes) first and foremost.

As much as I love PaRappa, fuck the VO, that game can stay on the shelf.

Samba De Amigo should already be on VR platforms.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
If I can dream big, I want new entries that are arcade ports of Chunithm, Sound Voltex, and ONGEKI.
Yeah, I know it sounds wild to get a peripheral for home use that emulates the arcade experiences. I don't care! I want it!

Sound Voltex Controller

BEMANI Sound Voltex Controller

List is sadly lacking Dance Dance Revolution...

DDR doesn't need a new version. DDR A20 PLUS literally just came out last July, and new songs are added all the time. It's just that nobody can play it right now because of COVID. Once we all get shot, get to your local-ish Round1 or D&B and go nuts.* If you're looking for a solution to play at home in the meantime, and don't mind paying a ton for shipping, download Stepmania and grab one of these: https://www.maty-taneczne.pl/shop/dance-mat-ddr-usb-ex-pro/

* this of course assumes that you're in the USA and live somewhat close to one of these

Last edited:

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I must be the only one that remembers Bust a Groove

61UX8N9BVUL.jpg

Last edited:

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I'll take a home version of Beatmania that I can actually buy and pay for instead of being expected to use a (practically) unavailable arcade currency or resorting to under-the-table methods, please.

I've not been holding my breath for that for over ten years now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I mist be the only one that remembers Bust a Groove

61UX8N9BVUL.jpg
NO SIR.

You are not. The gameplay may have been - eh - passable, but that fucking soundtrack. For 1 and 2. It's probably responsible for my ability to count a 4/4 rhythm like no one else.

I went looking for my favorite pieces from the game (which I'll still include) but, more importantly I found this.

I'm in love. <3

Apr 19, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
the time is right for para para paradise 3rd mix. no more excuses konami. we are bringing para para BACK in 2021

really dying for a new daigasso band brothers. daigasso band brothers p was probably my most-played game last gen, and it would be nice to have a new one that people can actually play because of switch's lack of region lock

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Ouendan. I made a thread at the old place almost a decade ago about one chapter in particular (Believe) really hitting me hard.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I just want a Rockband kit that works for both PS5 and Xbox Series.
Personally, beatmania or a rerelease of Guitar Freaks

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
New Rock Band with peripherals, please. I've been dying to revisit this series, but you can't do it without spending a fortune.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of the ones in the poll, Ouendan.

What I'd really want is a new version of Rocksmith that fixes all of its obvious issues. It's such a fun game but it has so many issues that make it kind of a pain when you're using it to actually learn songs.