• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which show to watch next?

• Euphoria

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Succession

Votes: 62 37.1%
  • The Outsider

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Watchmen

Votes: 82 49.1%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished The Leftovers and trying to finish up some shows before my sub runs out. I'll probably watch all 4 of these unless one of them is actually really bad, but which one should I tackle next?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Watchmen by far. Outsider is great if you don't mind the slow pacing. I tried Succession but all the characters were pissing me off to no end.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
I will admit that I have not yet watched Succession , as the Murdochiness of the premise was too big a hill to climb for me at this point, but Watchmen was transcendent and probably my favorite season of television in the last decade.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I haven't seen Succesion, I guess that my next watch after Schitts Creek. lol

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Watchmen since it's only one season and a complete story, then move to the next thing.

Also, watch Barry if you havent

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watchmen

But this is starting to make me want to watch Succession. What's so great about it?

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Only seen Euphoria and Watchmen so voted for Watchmen. That shit was to damn good, but you can't go wrong with Euphoria either.

But seems like I should watch Succession?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Succession is probably the best scripted episodic television of the moment, people who thinks it's bad are full of shit, some of the strongest television ever in the history of the medium nevermind definitively being the best current running show.

Watchmen is great but I strongly suggest being familiar with the source material (comic not the movie and not just for tastes sake, it follows the comic ending which the movie changes) to really get the most out of it.

I liked the Outsider as a book but have not watched the show, though it's HBO so I will eventually and expect I will like it.

Personally couldn't get into euphoria though I tried since it dealt with some trans issues.

As for a in case you missed it dark horse pick, if you have never watched any (or all) of the McBride shows ( Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals, Righteous Gemstones) and have any love for/interest in comedy they are some of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

Oct 27, 2017
Succession

Run

Watchmen, but only if you're familiar with the comic. No idea what you'd get out of it standalone. It presumes you know a lot.

The Plot Against America

Outsider is too long for it's own good.

Euphoria isn't my thing.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watchmen is incredible, just be abreast of the graphic novel events.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Watchmen is great. Only one season too so you could get through it pretty quick then start Succession.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Succession for sure.

That said, I want to give a shout out to Barry which is up there with Succession as one of the best currently airing TV shows but I feel it's tragically overlooked.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched 2 of the things in the poll but I'd say skip the Outsider; starts out strong and then just becomes dumb and boring. Watchmen is amazing.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All except for Outsider are amazing. That is just okay. I voted for Euphoria just because I knew it would be low. It'll sound strange but as a horror fan I loved the oppressive atmosphere they brought to a teen setting. terrifying.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Succession by a mile, though Watchmen is also great

haven't seen Euphoria, and Outsider is terrible after the first two brilliant episodes.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Succession, then Euphoria.

Gotta ask, have you seen Chernobyl? If not, then absolutely that.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Watch the first season on True Detective if your feeling the true crime itch. The outsider is fantastic in the first few episodes but doesn't stay great the rest of the way through(as disappointing to me as Kings other adapted work last yr, IT 2).

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Just watch Succession for Jeremy Strong. Dude is doing the best acting on television at the moment.

Euphoria is... a lot. I highly discourage binging it. It's worth watching but I could not imagine doing two-three episodes in a row.

But this is starting to make me want to watch Succession. What's so great about it?

Imagine Arrested Development, but the episodes are an hour along and it's about the Murdoch family.

That is Succession.

Dermee

Dec 16, 2017
The real answer is Six Feet Under if you've yet to see it. That show made me very emotional on several occasions, and TV never does that for me.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Succession is extremely overrated. It's a bunch of people arguing, fighting, and backstabbing over literally nothing.

euphoria is the most unique and original of that list

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Only watch Watchmen if you read the graphic novel or at least be familiar with it.
Without knowing and understanding the context, the show won't be as enjoyable imo.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I loved Watchmen but that was the only one I saw. Having read the graphic novel really helped though.

Keep hearing good things about succession so if Watchmen seems too lore rich watch succession.