• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game to get for PS5

• Miles Morales

Votes: 146 74.1%
  • Persona 5 Strikers

Votes: 51 25.9%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So my brother and I recently got a PS5 and are struggling to decide which game we should get for it, Persona 5 Strikers or Miles. We loved the first Spider-Man game and Miles is a character I want to get more invested in as an African-American. But I've been recently been getting more into Persona 5 and I love the characters and would like to spend more time with them. It also has more playable characters and I like action RPG based on my Kingdom Hearts experience.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Sounds like it comes down to whether or not you prefer a shorter or longer game. Miles is something you can blow through in like a weekend, even doing all the side stuff won't take you very long probably. Persona 5 Strikers is something you're probably going to drop 30-40 hours on at the bare minimum.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
They're both very good but different games. Miles will absolutely show off the power of the PS5 visually in a way that P5S, as a PS4 title, will not; it also has the benefit of being a budget title if money is a concern. However, if those considerations don't really influence your decision-making, and you feel excited about both, flip a coin. You'll win either way, and the other game isn't going anywhere.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have you beaten Persona 5 yet? You mention you getting into it, so I can't tell if you already beat it or are just halfway through.

I ask because Strikers isn't just a spinoff, it's essentially P5-2.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I wouldn't worry too much, you'll want to play both eventually—they're both good

off-topic, but I think demon's souls is the best PS5 game

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking treat yourself and get a native PS5 game like Miles and bask in the 60fps Ray Tracing mode.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Miles Morales is perhaps the best example of a next gen game so far. It is very impressive.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've never enjoyed a musou game so can't really recommend Strikers.
Did absolutely love Miles tho.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
If you want a gorgeous game to show off your ps5 that also plays well, then Miles.

If you beat P5, want to catch up with the characters again (and it sounds like you certainly do), and don't mind then Strikers.

They're both good games with fun stories, so you can't go wrong, but they're good for different reasons. Miles is personally my favorite Spider-Man game that looks and plays fantastic, I liked it even better than 2018, while Strikers feels more like a sequel to P5 than a spin-off (though I do prefer P5's turn-based gameplay).

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Your post makes it seem like you want to play Persona more from the tone, so I think at least subconsciously you've already picked it. So just go play it.