• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these films could make you go to the movie theatres in 2020? Or...

• Dune

Votes: 81 16.7%
  • Tenet

Votes: 89 18.4%
  • Other(s)

Votes: 22 4.5%
  • None for now, I'm not planning to go to the cinema until 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 39 8.0%
  • None until my well-being is 100% completely warranted in a public space (e.g. Vaccine)

Votes: 188 38.8%
  • None, I'm going full digital for movies (VOD, Streaming, etc.) regardless how this progresses.

Votes: 38 7.8%
  • There is nothing coming out this year that I'm interested in watching.

Votes: 28 5.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering, after all this, how cinema attendance could be if the chains start operating normally and blockbusters start coming in...

So, let's say that the quarantine in your country is lifted, as it is, but just in time for the release of one of these films (And assuming no further delays):
  • Tenet
  • Mulan
  • The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
  • Wonder Woman 1984
  • Bill and Ted Face the Music
  • A Quiet Place Part II
  • Monster Hunter
  • The Conjuring 3
  • The King's Man
  • Candyman
  • The Witches
  • Black Widow
  • Soul
  • Godzilla vs. Kong
  • No Time to Die
  • Free Guy
  • Dune
  • Coming to America 2
  • Top Gun 2: Maverick
  • Other(s)
Which of the previously mentioned films could make you go to the movie theatres in 2020?

Please vote: strawpoll.com/hkg3ca6h

Maybe any of them could do the trick for you, you want to go back to experience a film on the big screen, if so, which would be the most desirable for you?
Or maybe you are considering to let time pass until you consider going into cinemas again...
Or ultimately, you have decided to simply watch movies from your home, whether be at VOD or from a streaming service, so you can wait for any of these to reach their digital release.

What do you say Era?

Oct 28, 2017
Are you kidding? I'll go to the movies to watch a screening of shit I own on Blu Ray once shit is safe again. Dont have to be a new movie.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
None, because my safety and the safety of others matters more than seeing a movie in a theater. There are a few on that list I would pay the $20 rental for though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Tenet would be the one I'd really like to see in the theatre, though I'm not that eager to see it in the movies, safety comes first etc. Maybe when it's been playing for a few weeks and you can be pretty sure the theatre would be relatively empty.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
First of all nothing. Secondly, holy shit there's a coming to America 2 being made? And is that Roald Dahl The Witches?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
We wont be going anywhere near a theater until our safety is locked in.

IF things are safe. Black Widow Will likely be the first movie we see. (Since our Son loves the MCU as well).

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'll gladly see Tenet in July, and will see plenty of stuff in theaters as it's released - presuming local governments declare it safe. Probably won't go once a week like I did in the past, but I'll still attend.

You also have to imagine all theaters are going to be running - at best- 30% capacity auditoriums to maintain social distance.

Honestly, it seems like a lower risk proposition than going grocery shopping and I already do that once a week.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
None of them, no movie is worth the risk. Watching them on a tv is good enough.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
None. I would watch Tenet and Black Widow, but not getting sick is more important to me than supporting Chris Nolan or Marvel.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
None. I'm not much of a movie goer in general, nor am I particularly hyped about any in that list (except Bill and Ted), so I'm fine with waiting to not put myself or others at risk.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still be go in an inflatable Trex suit if I could. Movies are my destressor

From your list

• Tenet
  • Mulan
  • Wonder Woman 1984
  • Bill and Ted Face the Music
  • A Quiet Place Part II
  • Monster Hunter
  • The King's Man
  • Candyman
  • The Witches
  • Soul
  • Godzilla vs. Kong
  • No Time to Die
  • Free Guy
  • Dune
  • Coming to America 2
  • Top Gun 2: Maverick

lemonhat

Dec 6, 2018
Not going till I'm sure it's safe (of those listed: Wonder Woman, Bond and Dune are the ones I'm most interested in seeing)

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
From that list I feel 'Godzilla vs Kong' is something that has to be experienced on a big screen but, yeah, to echo what others are saying I won't risk going to a movie theater again until there's a proven, readily available vaccine. I get enough exposure risk just going to work every day.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
But food is a necessity, seeing movies in theaters is not.
Sure, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying I already feel comfortable going out grocery shopping, despite that having a lot more of a chance for contamination than seeing something in a properly run theater. So it doesn't really feel like a huge risk to me, unlike how other people in this thread seem to feel.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm most excited for Wonder Woman and Mulan, but not something I'd feel comfortable doing until maybe the end of the year, depending on how things have progressed.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing.

I love going to theaters and I'd watch anything there, but I'm not going until it's safe to do so.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hype for Dune and Tenet is real.

But yeah, I'm sure most won't go until we can be sure it's safe; and those who will are gonna take the utmost precautions (Early emptier screenings, an inflatable suit as Shintoki said :v)
mh.jpg

Digital will be an interesting model to follow from now on...

Also that Monster Hunter fan, what an ultimate madman :v

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Mulan
Wonder Woman 1984
A Quiet Place Part II
The Conjuring 3
Black Widow
Godzilla vs. Kong
No Time to Die
Dune
I want to see all of these, but I'm not going to a theater to do it. I definitely prefer the at-home experience for watching movies and have only tolerated going to theaters because it's still the only way to watch a new movie. Now that theaters are closed and movies are either getting delayed or launching through alternate distribution models, I have no reason to see any 2020 movie in a theater.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I"m pretty interested in a half dozen of those. But....nope.

I have kids. I have a wife. I have a lot to live for. I am somewhat higher risk. A movie isn't worth it unless or until there is an effective antiviral on the market or a vaccine.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
None but no film has tempted me into wanting to go to the cinema like Dune, I prefer my films at home.