• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who do you like best?

• Sprigatito

Votes: 219 30.3%
  • Fuecoco

Votes: 318 44.0%
  • Quaxly

Votes: 185 25.6%

• Total voters

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco

I will also add that if Sprigatito evolves into Sprigatitty I'm quitting the franchise forever

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Sprigatito

Though I love all of them. I'm a little concerned about what my green cat will evolve into, but I can't imagine them screwing up the duck (who I imagine will evolve into some sort of admiral duck) and the croc (who will just be a bigger croc) so I have back ups if the Evos are bad.

I'm not sure I've actually liked a final cat evolution since Skitty.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco > Sprigatito > Quaxly, but they're all good.

And it only just occurred to me that Quaxly isn't Water/Flying. How weird after they had no problem making Rowlet a dual type.
That's easy to explain, actually. They want the initial starter forms to go Grass > Water > Fire > Grass and Water/Flying would have stopped that. Grass/Flying is still weak to fire so it wasn't a problem but Water/Flying isn't weak to grass so that's a problem.

Final evos don't care about that cycle so much but they want to teach type advantages to newer players so they like to keep the cycle for the basic starters.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
That's easy to explain, actually. They want the initial starter forms to go Grass > Water > Fire > Grass and Water/Flying would have stopped that. Grass/Flying is still weak to fire so it wasn't a problem but Water/Flying isn't weak to grass so that's a problem.

Final evos don't care about that cycle so much but they want to teach type advantages to newer players so they like to keep the cycle for the basic starters.
Yeah, that's true.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Quaxly big time. Then Fuecoco, then Sprigatito. I like all of them though, I feel like they nailed the designs this time around.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco is my favorite. I love every crocodilian Pokemon aside from Croconaw.

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Fuecoco was my go-to at first glance, but now I've grown to like Sprigatito the most of the three despite its (initially) general-looking design.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco but I'm also a fan of Quaxly

Sprigatito is def going to evolve into some humanoid monstrosity

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Also predicting the final evo types while we're at it. Don't give a crap about logic.

Grass/Dragon
Fire/Ghost
Water/Fairy

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Fire croc is top tier, though I kind of get design vibes of that apple dragon from Sw/Sh.

Sassy duck is looking pretty good, not completely sold on the hat-like protrusion but I imagine it'll evolve into some kind of Spanish sailor/buccaneer/pirate bird

Not too fond of grass cat. Looks pretty generic, a blend of 5 other, similar pokemon

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Water forever, but Fuecoco is a serious contender, Totodile is my favourite Pokémon.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Fuecoco. Expecting final evolution being Fire/Dragon because a crocodile weak to water is just too weird and you know, reptiles that breath fire.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco is an adorable goof and I hope they keep him stout and bulky. Love the design so voted that.

I'll probably pick Quaxly though since I'm just a sucker for ducks and water types and my friend will likely call dibs on fire. That being said this is the first set of starters since Johto that I might even go through the effort of restarting to play with all 3. Given their evolutions don't turn into Peoplemon.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco was love at first sight. I think the other two are strong designs as well. Honestly, I always want to take all three with me and sometimes go through the trouble of trading for them.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The Fire starter is my favorite design of the three but the worst "starter" because the design is too complex for a starter. It looks like it should be the pseudo legendary instead.

The water starter us just Ducklett in a hat, it's a really underwhelming design.

Grass cat looks like a classic starter, it gets my vote.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco is a goofy little cutey. It's perfect. Quaxly is pretty good too. Sprigatito is a fine but a bit generic.

Can't wait for them all to be ruined by the evos lol

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Fuecoco. One of the best starters by far. Quaxly is also pretty great. Sprigatito is cute, but also it looks generic to me. That said, I know I'll bite my tongue when we finally see the final evolutions and the Fuecoco one will be horrible and Sprigatito will be the best.

Edit: It will be worst than Totodile, I can feel it. Totodile was my favorite until I saw the final form... Then Cyndaquil became my favorite one.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Bubble Bobble-looking one.

As an aside, I can't read Sprigatito or Fuecoco without a Mexican accent (I know the game's are Spain but I'm SoCal Hispanic) and I can't read Quaxly's name with one.

So reading "Sprigatito, Fuecoco, Quaxley" is super funny to me every time.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Spaghettios, by far. I do like all 3 but if I had to pick it'd be grass > water > fire.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
For the first time in a while, I love them all. But its Fuecoco to me. Just cute. Quaxley is charming too

I like the Sprigtito but I have a bad feeling its gonna evolve into something that twitter is gonna want to have sex with, and that scares me

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the best set of starters in quite a while. I'm actually going to abstain from voting, since I can't really pick between Fuecoco and Quaxly.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Fuecoco for me. I've not picked a fire starter before, I usually go Water/Grass, but not really feeling Quaxly or Sprigatito

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Fuecoco is probably the better design, but I'm a sucker for cats so I picked Sprigatito

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Fuecoco for sure.

I also like the cat but I 100% expect it's final evolution to be some sexy bipedal thing.

The duck looks like a nerd.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it seems that Era is on the right side of history.

I will never understand the love for the grass starter- it's just a green cat.

SandMan1216

Oct 27, 2017
Mississippi
How is Quaxly NOT winning? It looks charming and hilarious and I love it. The grass one is ok, I guess. And the little fire crocodile is cute. But the duck, the hat. Come on, hahaha. It's like a legally distinct Donald Duck. That should be an immediate vote in-favor right there.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Sprigatito > Quaxly > Fuecoco

For those who say that Sprigatito's just grass Litten, well... yeah, sure. But there's a chance the evolutions won't suck this time! And "Litten but good" is potential GOAT material. So I guess we'll see, fingers crossed...

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Fuecoco is a perfect starter. It's the type of starter that is so good that you are reluctant to evolve it no matter how stronger the evolutions are(ex. Bulbasaur, Piplup, Rowlet).

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Quaxly because looks like Subaru Duck.

82c48eb9a933331ace3ed7e5ed172270.gif