• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of the Big 3 have the best openings - Naruto,Bleach or One Piece?

• Naruto

Votes: 104 33.7%
  • Bleach

Votes: 145 46.9%
  • One Piece

Votes: 60 19.4%

• Total voters

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One Piece is the better series, but Naruto got the best overall openings. It's not even close.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Ah, Of course.

Marvel Studios furiously devouring Naruto vs Pain for inspiration.
Actually, that was Thanos.

Strange has that Kage Bushin on lock though.

Someone had the trouble of listing all of Japanese Va together for the characters too:

Thanos: Uchiha Madara

Spider-man: Rock Lee

Mantis: İno Yamanaka

Doctor Strange: Naruto

Iron-Man: Sasuke

Nebula: Sakura

Quill and Drax: Those two Jonin from konoha

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
This is a bop and I'll fight whoever disagrees.

giphy.gif

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Velonica (Bleach OP9) doesn't get enough love.

It's also a very bitter OP because it hypes up the Visored so much :(

God fuck Bleach

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bleach > Naruto (OP2 Naruto is a banger tho). Never did get into One Piece.

Can we all agree that we all wish to go back to when these were still in their prime / getting new episodes still? Those were the days...

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I made a thread about how the music in Bleach was awesome about a week ago, and the openings are definitely just as awesome. The music was top tier throughout the whole show.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I love a handful of openings from all three shows, but to me, Asterisk (Bleach OP 1) is literally the best thing about the Bleach anime. That's right, it peaked with its very first OP.

EDIT:

The peak of Bleach for me was the first opening, it's just that good.
Oh shit, I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am seeing some sleeping on One Piece though:

Tbh, I want to say One Piece. But One Piece had just decent and skipable openings for a too long time. Let's rewatch what I mean:

One Piece had straight dumpster fire Openings.
If you watched One Piece, up until Skypea, he was just rolling the seacard over and over again. The Alabasta one wasn't good either.

Up until they left Skypea the Openings were just.. there. Not fitting the theme and standalone just bad. Tbqh, Alabasta and Skypea would've needed at least two openings each, the length of both was too much to make one fitting. But if we rate the Openings after that, I'd give it to One Piece in a heartbeat.

The Openings started to get amazingly good with Water 7. Opening 5:

Unbelievably good.

The Openings then were constantly good. Brand New World was rocky, Crazy Rainbow was sweet, Jungle P was catchy. Lackluster are simply the "We Are" openings. There were just too many.

Then the bombs dropped. Not only were the openings good by themselves, I have yet to see such a long and ongoing anime with such super fitting openings in terms of themes:

Share the world had such a strong vibe, everyone knew something bad was coming. I always had goose bumps. The opening was the introduction to an arc that changed something. Marine Ford is still such a high quality arc, one that has yet to be beaten for me. Not only in One Piece. It's the best, hands down. Never would a character in One Piece die, right? But the way it was written, everyone was just discussing on the highest level how you would write this arc without casualties. Because if at the end everyone just goes home.. then what for? I remember all the dedicated One Piece boards at that time. One Piece got lit.

The next Opening dropped: Kaze o sagashite

What is this? We go from happy to melancholic, to action and then melancholic again. Do you represent my five stages of grieving while knowing something turns wrong? Social media was full of this stuff. Will Ace die or not? If you only watched the anime at that time, the opening spoiled a lot. You knew how dense the situation is with all the characters that appear in the opening.

Next one made grown up men cry, a lot:

Give me some handkerchiefs please. This opening is so emotional that Bleach and Naruto would be the dumpster fire now.

You posted the rest of the newer Openings. One Piece is just straight fire in every possible way right now. The Openings are amazing. Story telling is searching for an opponent that probably won't come anymore.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Bleach is probably the most consistently great, and I'm not even a fan of the series. Naruto is incredibly inconsistent, but it has the best good OPs out of all of them imo. One Piece has amazing openings... until the timeskip and then we get like a 100 episodes of "We GO" and very hit or miss openings afterwards.
Yeah, I agree with this post.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
As with the previous Big 3 poll, the answer is Gintama....nothing is like watching that show and it's happy, jaunty openings and then Does' "Donten" arrives.

youtu.be

Gintama Opening 5

Gintama Theme

JoJo is second, purely for Bloody Stream.

lawliet013

Feb 13, 2019
Bleach's first opening was it's best and still remains in the upper tiers of anime OPs to this day.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball's openings (except for the GT ones) are all better than whatever was released for your « big 3 »

Same with Saint Seya

Also Ranma's first and second openings are great

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Just my opinion my favorite opening from all three shows is One PIece opening 20 - Hope:

It's like a song you'd listen outside of the context of anime. The One Piece STAMPEDE ending is of similar quality to me:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Some people go for OP1 or OP13 as favorite. OP15 is where it's at for me. So nostalgic.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bleach and Naruto is no longer part of the big three.

The big three is now One Peace, My Hero's Academia, and Black Clover (hate this anime but it is what it is).

:/

Big One

Oct 25, 2017

The big three is now One Peace, My Hero's Academia, and Black Clover (hate this anime but it is what it is).

Nah it's One Piece, My Hero, and Demon Slayer right now. Demon Slayer is beating My Hero too and beat One Piece in sales last year.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I mean the Big Three has always been a reference to just these three manga that dominated the landscape at the time and not just whoever the top three is currently.

Bleach, Naruto and One Piece are the Big Three. We're past that era now but everyone remembers the Big Three.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Bleach has the best openings.

I wish we had a bleach game like xenoverse. The psp ruined everything. 😭

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well for One Piece: most are iconic, with 5 and 6 being my favorites.

Bleach: i despise the first one but from 2 onwards they are all jams, and the animation is amazing in most of them...

Naruto: lots of iconic ones like 2, 3 and 4. FLOW always delivered, and Kana Book in shippudden too...

This is the hardest question, holy shit. But considering style and presentation, it probably goes to Bleach.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
ahh, so "Big 3" is just whatever's most popular at the moment? Dragon Ball I can see with it's hiatus being out of there, but Bleach has the best of your three for sure.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rolling star was my jam in high school. Man Bleach openings are gold.

At the same time, Naruto has Go, haruka kanata, Closer, Sign and Silhouette...

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
One Piece has best emotional openings
Bleach has best stylish openings
Naruto has best songs

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Bleach: Literally every opening except OP11 are classics imo.

Naruto is cool but a lot of the early OP's sound so... old. Some of the Shippuden ones are great though. Particularly 6,7,8,16, and 20

One Piece I like 13, 14, and 20. Namie Amuro is a god. The rest are kinda meh tbh.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might give it to Bleach just for the 1st opening. For some reason that one hits me in the nostalgia bone really damn hard, like I gotta take a moment when i hear it.

I relate to this post so hard. As soon as those few first notes hit I'm transported to a different time. I'm still in my early 20's yet I feel so old when I listen to Bleach's OP1.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Never watched Bleach but One Piece for me. We Are is really good. There are some other good ones that come later.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Of those, definitely Bleach.
Also has the best EDs.

I think Black Clover is the best of the new pack of long running shows though.

With Black Roverr being the zenith.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a tough call. I think Naruto eeks it out slightly over Bleach by sheer number but honestly, that era of anime was amazing and I get super nostalgic for it.