• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Comeback King

• F-Zero (15 years dormant)

Votes: 338 39.2%
  • Sports Series (6 years dormant)

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • Wars Series (11 years dormant)

Votes: 119 13.8%
  • Excite!! Series (10 years dormant)

Votes: 14 1.6%
  • Punch Out (10 years dormant)

Votes: 49 5.7%
  • Kid Icarus (7 years dormant)

Votes: 120 13.9%
  • Earthbound (15/25 years dormant)

Votes: 199 23.1%

• Total voters

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I choose from the most mentioned series and made sure there was at least a 5 year gap since the last entry, and no mention of a future release for a game in that series.

f-zero.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

SI_WiiUVC_AdvanceWars2BlackHoleRising.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

SI_Wii_PunchOut.png

large.jpg

SQ_SNES_EarthBound.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Kid Icarus deserves another game. Uprising was an excellent revival.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Punch out easily. Seems like it would be a cheaper and faster type game to develop too. My son is obsessed with the series as well.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Punch-Out and Advance Wars would be great on Switch. I would be happy with a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster for Switch too, that game would be so much better on it.

No reason for Earthbound to come back, unless it's a remaster.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Mother just needs an official localization of Mother 3 and that's it. The story is done, let that franchise rest in piece.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Even though I haven't played any of the Punch-Out games, I'd be interested to see how a modern rendition would look like both visually (art direction) and gameplay-wise.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I feel like a new kid icarus would do well for itself considering the 3ds one did pretty great
the rest would really have to prove themselves. I don't really want a new mother/earthbound.

I'd like to see Ice Climbers reimagined though like they did with Kid Icarus Uprising. Would be interesting to see how they could transform the gameplay into something more palatable for the modern day

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Loved Kid Icarus: Uprising, so voted for KI. Another one from that list I would've voted is EarthBound, but the creator considers the story done, so I don't think it's ever happening, maybe we'll get a Mother 3 localization eventually but even that seems to be not happening anytime soon.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No, wait.. I just realized something here... we finally have the technology to have F-Zero online with 30 players on a single race! Do it Nintendo!

Oct 27, 2017
Earthbound doesn't need to come back as it had an amazing conclusion, same to Punch Out although I would definitely be more open to the idea if someone took Little Mac's place.

But to answer the question, Kid Icarus because Uprising was incredible and I need more of that. But also Advance Wars since I would love to see that series get the Fire Emblem treatment in terms of getting a lot of customization options.

Oct 26, 2017
Hi I'm the only one to vote Excite because I want Monster to be freed from their Nascar prison to finally make the true Excite Truck 2. Thank you. :P

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
F-Zero is probably my pick, though I'd love to see a new Advance Wars game too.

I'm okay with the Mother series never getting another game. I think it ended perfectly with 3. I just want to see 3 localized.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Definitely Earthbound.
Itoi is amazing, but there are many "Itois" in the world who could handle the franchise.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Earthbound all day. I'd be happy with just a localization of Mother 3, as I still haven't played it, but I just really think the series has far too much character and potential to be left to languish the way it has been.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
All of the choices in the poll but if I had to choose, it would be F-Zero. Loved Maximum Velocity and GP Legend. Was interested in Climax but never played it. Heard GX was really good.

F-Zero needs to come back at least one more time.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm the one guy that voted for Wii Sports. I don't give a single shit about any of those other franchises. I would absolutely lose it if we got a Switch Sports. Wii Sports was the game that got me in to Nintendo.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Oh so you think me having to wait till I'm too old and feeble To play a new f zero means you win this game Nintendo? Think again. I can do this till I'm Old, mad and dying in a hospital. I'll wait till you stop making video games. Just giving me my game damnit.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Voted F-Zero but also I would like for Nintendo to finally release Mother 3 (in some form) in the west.

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
Definitely Kid Icarus, there's an incredible amount of untapped potential there.

I love Earthbound but the series is concluded, and Toby Fox has taken up Shigesato Itoi's mantle quite successfully.