• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
That is, games that have no specific next gen support / have no next gen requirements (for example, can be fully run off of a external HDD). Are you going to focus on the largest games by file size, or try to squeeze in as many games as you can?

The one that immediately comes to mind for me is RDR2. Destiny 2 is also a strong contender, but it'll be getting a next gen patch so it'll require the SSD anyway.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I didn't get the mid gen consoles so I'm also going to update the game to 4K

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I beat FFXV back in 2016 at launch, and while I did enjoy the game, the minute plus it would take each time just to fast travel was beyond annoying.

Well now FFXV Royal is one of the freebies for the new PS+ collection, I'm going to give that game another whirl with all its DLC and patches that I missed out on.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Going to depend on whether or not PS4 games have faster load times on the internal SSD over an external SSD. Xbox tests suggest it isn't worth using the internal storage for back compat.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tested Disaster Report 4 yet? Didn't that game run like butts on PS4?

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Borderlands 3. 40 second loading times for a game that expects you to constantly reload to farm a boss is shit.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I want to see what Prey's loading times look like on PS5. They are rough on PS4 (a Cryengine issue).

XCOM 2 with War of the Chosen is borderline unplayable on PS4. Very long load times, janky, choppy performance that can drop to the single digits when there's environmental destruction, texture pop-in galore and more crashes than Windows 95 on a 486.

I suspect that game is very CPU and I/O limited. I want to get the Platinum trophy one day but there's no way I'm doing that on PS4.

LICHDOM BATTLEMAGE !

I actually bought this game for like 1.99 the other day.

Last edited: