• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PS5, Xbox Scarlett or both?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 956 61.3%
  • Xbox Scarlett

Votes: 199 12.8%
  • Both

Votes: 200 12.8%
  • None

Votes: 205 13.1%

• Total voters

Hype-Lord

Jan 8, 2019
Moscow, Russia
I'll get both eventually (Day 1 if I'd be able to), but PlayStation 5 will probably be the first one. The main reason is that I have Xbox One X and only base PS4.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scarlet. Halo Infinite + Gamepass goodness

And in Jan 2021 purchase PS5.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I imagine I'll be Playstation only again next gen but I usually give it about six months before getting one.
I'll be keeping my eye on Xbox though,they could start making some stuff that interests me.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
buying Ps5 would mean also spending at least 50 more pounds for just 1 game where as Xbox has gamepass so lots of next Gen goodness for a fraction of that 1 game. Plus I'm bored to tears of Sony's constant 3rd person action games.
Yeah because that's the only type of game Sony makes......smh. I suppose you'll play Gears 5 instead yeah?

Oh I'm sorry, i didn't realise my opinion on not liking their 3rd person action game fest was incorrect. I should tell myself i did actually like them when they actually bored me. Dreams aside, I haven't actually liked Sony's games. Sorry if that hurts your feelings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Oh and no i haven't played Gears 5 either. I will gladly play Halo, Forza and Ori though.

Oct 27, 2017
Under the bed
I'll be getting both. The people that are choosing both are good faith gamers in my opinion. The people choosing one console over the other a year in advance before we know software and hardware specifics doesn't make sense to me. If I wasn't dedicated to getting both consoles I would be waiting for both to be revealed to see where their chips lie.

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation exclusives are the deciding factor, so PS5. I'll eventually get the new Xbox if, for some reason, they finally start pumping out interesting exclusives.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Probably PS5. I feel like my Xbox One is a waste of money and space for the most part.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
PS5. I've learned my lesson this gen with xbox and if there is the odd decent exclusive I'll play it on pc.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get both at some point, but I don't know if it'll be at launch. I'm leaning towards Scarlett, because I have hundreds and hundreds of Xbox games from three generations that go with me and a Game Pass Ultimate subscription running until almost the end of 2021. If one of them surprises and have a well made exclusive colorful platformer at launch, I'll probably go with that.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Since PSVR will work with PS5 it's an easy decision for me. PS5 day one. This is the first time I'm planning to get a console on day 1 since the Japanese release of the Dreamcast.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
With zero knowledge of either console, I'm going into it with me leaning towards Sony and PS5 by default.

I have a decent PC and all first party stuff from MS will be available on there - so there's little reason for me to pick up Scarlett. Plus I have just under 3 years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate so I'm set.

Sony on the other hand have continued to deliver fantastic first party titles that I can't play anywhere else. So as it stands, unless Sony really mess it up, it'll be a no brainer.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Won't know until i see the full specs price and release dates (Whatever they are in the US, the Australian prices are likely to be painful for either).

If finances allow, probably both

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Thread whining
Whats the point of this poll?
This place is mostly PS fans so its obviously going to be a biased poll leading towards PS

Absent Uncle

Oct 25, 2017
Oslo
I've been holding off buying a uhd Blu-ray player, so I'll probably pick up a PS5 at launch. I usually wait 6-8 months but I want my pretty movies damnit!

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
I'm expecting Xbox to win this poll handily.

anigif_enhanced-6739-1437604327-2.gif

I'll get the PS5 anyway but possibly get Xbox at some point as I have gamepass until 2022.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting both. The people that are choosing both are good faith gamers in my opinion. The people choosing one console over the other a year in advance before we know software and hardware specifics doesn't make sense to me. If I wasn't dedicated to getting both consoles I would be waiting for both to be revealed to see where their chips lie.

That's bad logic and we already know the hardware specs will be similar. I also know I can play anything Xbox on my PC, and my tastes skew towards Japanese games that were all PS4 and/or PC only this generation and I enjoy the current crop of PS exclusives. It's not exactly a wait and see situation for me.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
None

I'm waiting on the first revision of their Pro/X versions so nothing before 2023-2024 I guess

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I'm deep in the playstation ecosystem with digital games so will be getting a ps5, and gamepass on pc so im pretty set on not missing out on much of anything

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Probably going to upgrade my PC GPU first to either a 3080 ti or the Titan equivalent.
Scarlett probably next unless PS5 blows the my socks off

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I feel like we are filling out this census/what's your corporate allegiance card once a week now. Yet we have learned nothing new since the last time we took this vote, or since the time before that.

Topics like this should be mod made on quarterly basis.

Let's wait until reveals at least.