• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which next gen console did you choose

• Xsx

Votes: 253 16.6%
  • Xss

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Ps5 disc

Votes: 636 41.8%
  • Ps5 Digital

Votes: 122 8.0%
  • Both xsx and ps5

Votes: 289 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 193 12.7%

• Total voters

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
PS5 disc version....started out with a Series X and quickly realized I didn't need it nor wanted it particularly. Sold it and went all out to get a PS5, finally nabbed one through Best Buy.

Got it for the DualSense and of course, the exclusives.

Mar 8, 2018
XSX for the 360 and OGX compatibility and the broader ecosystem with Game Pass and PC cross compatibility.

But I'll grab a PS5 DE within the next year or so for sure. I usually end up with both.

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
PS5 disc. Was a heavy PS4 user last gen and I want to continue playing my library of games.

I might get the Series X later down the line when there's exclusive games on it.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
PS5 physical because it'll be guaranteed to have high quality games from the first party studios.

I'm sticking with PC, PS5 and Switch this gen.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 disc because:
-First party titles
-Everyone I know will buy a Playstation (Germany 🤣)
-I have some PS4 disc games
-Need a (UHD) BD player
-Still holding a grudge for Xbox One's original reveal
-I can just stream the Xbox games with xCloud or play them on PC

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Will be a PS5 digital. Playstation makes the games I want to play and I will be buying everything digitally, just like last gen.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XSX, mostly as a Game Pass client. I can't justify paying new game prices (over $100 after taxes here).

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Xbox series X because my kids inherited my one x in the lounge room and controllers and saves carry between consoles

also gamepass

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
PS5 with disc, because I have a PC and I prefer to buy physical because of pricing and resale value. I also watch a lot of movies.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Ps5 because of the first party support, the controller and the BC from my PS4

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'm one of the PS5 Digital Edition unicorns.

Pretty easy choice. The lineup for the PS5's launch year is so promising (I had to play Miles, Remastered, Astro, Demon's, and Tsushima NG+ on PS5) and my PS4 digital library has hundreds of games (at least three times as large as my OG Xbox, 360, and Xbox One digital library).

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Stadia! Because it was free and the rest were sold out everywhere ;)

Otherwise I WILL be getting a PS5DE because it is a DE console which is what I want, and I very much love Sony games.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
XSS for GamePass & backwards-compatibility until I get a PS5 probably next fall while I finish up my Switch/PS4 backlog on top of all the old and indie shit on Xbox.

Though now I just might get a Series X as there are now only a handful of Sony exclusives I would actually hate to miss out on, felt like half were hit and miss for me this pas gen, and I'm excited to see what MS's huge first party does over the coming years.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For now just the PS5, even though I love the XSX form factor and hate how the PS5 looks. I have a PC where I'll play my MS exclusives and the output from Sony this gen has been amazing, plus the new tech in the controller had me really intrigued (I love it).

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
PS5 digital. Already have a big backlog of PS4 games, also Spider Man and Demon's Souls at launch is awesome. Went digital since it's $100 cheaper and I have been buying all digital for some time now.

Dec 11, 2017
Xbox Series X because of clarity in backwards compatibility, Game Pass, and Quick Resume.

Will pick up a PlayStation 5 a few years in as I'll only play the exclusives there and my god are the first-party games absurdly expensive.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
PS5 disc version. I have a large ps4 collection so it only made sense to stick with playstation. Plus most the niche games I play do not come to xbox. But, I actually want to get a xsx to mess around with the dev mode emulation, and to play a handful of games that are coming and I missed last gen.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
ps5 disc

why disc over digital:
- small collection of physical games that I would like to play
- Like being able to resell games
- Currently don't have fast internet without data caps (soon will)

Why ps5:
Although I am invested into the playstation ecosystem, I don't really play with close friends online or have a large digital collection of games. So I could have easily switched to another if I wanted to.

Sony has got the games I want to play, and that's pretty much it. Content is king, yes gamepass is a great value proposition but it won't have access to Sony exclusives which I tend to enjoy a lot.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I bought the PS5 disc for me and Oculus 2 for the wife. Love the Oculus so I had to get one too, she doesn't share too well.

Reason? I bought PS3 and PS4/Pro as well all at launch after loving my PS2 and have yet to be disappointed by Sony. I would have bought an Xbox at launch too if Halo or Flight Sim were available...now with Oculus I might wait even longer, will definitely buy one eventually as long as the games hit.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Both - I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it and video games are my biggest hobby. I want to be able to play any game in the format of choice at the time.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
PS5 because I've been able to consolidate the boxes under my TV to the PS5, Fetch box (TV PVR thing) and a PS3 Slim, down from PS3 Slim, UHDBD player, Switch (moved to another room as it is never used on the living room TV), Fetch box and PS4 Pro.

Oh, and also bc I love Sony's game output and have done for 25 years. But that's secondary to tidying up the TV unit.

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
PS5 digital, I have a large digital library and the few physical PS4 games I have are available on the PS Plus collection. I also have a gaming PC and Switch so the Xbox is not appealing to me.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Ps5 disc. Too many unbelievable first party franchises. Third party games are pretty much all multi-platform nowadays

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
None. Sticking with Stadia and Geforce Now as they've been solid and importantly, cheap.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
xbox (series x) because it's where my friends are. i'll get a ps5 when they're in stock and buy the exclusives i'm interested in, though hopefully sony continues to bring games to PC

love playing 360 games with an ssd, it's mind blowing

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 disc because I skipped PS4 and found their exclusives more compelling, so decided to take advantage of enhanced PS4 games for cheap while we wait for next-gen to kick in. After playing Astro, I realized...I'm actually kind of a Sony fanboy!

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Xbox Series X.

Backwards compatibility was the main thing as I have a pretty large 360 and Xbox One digital library. Game Pass is also hella rad, and the hardware build quality and features are off the charts good.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Disc: I couldn't snag a digital version, and I'm building a PC that can play Xbox exclusives.

usagi704

Oct 27, 2017
I chose PS5 with disc drive. I usually choose only one platform to focus on each generation because I'd rather spend the money on games rather than more hardware that I have to then find space for. Why PS5 specifically would be because I already have a nice sized catalog of PS4 games and I don't have any Xbox games at all. I also much prefer Sony's first-party output. I also have always preferred their controllers and the placement of the analog sticks / dpad.

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 disc version.

Why? The PlayStation consoles have never disappointed me. They always have the strongest combination of amazing First Party and Third Party games, on every single generation.

nath999

May 7, 2018
PS5 Disc. It had three games that I wanted to play on it and the BC is good.

Just not much to play on Xbox right now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm gonna go with the standard PS5 (the disc one) since...
  1. It's guaranteed to get games from the likes of Atlus & Arc System Works
  2. Its controller actually has a gyroscope
  3. I already have a pretty sizable PS4 library

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
ps5 disc. Because it has Demon's Souls, and a whole catalog of compatible exclusives I wanted to play.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Both because I really like both. Even though Microsoft is kinda trying to get to grips with a release schedule for exclusives, I love the heck out of Forza games, still enjoy Gears, and love Game Pass and want all of that at full spec.

PlayStation is a no-brainer for me. It has traditionally been my favorite brand in gaming and PS4 ended with the momentum to keep my enthusiasm high enough for a day 1 purchase of its successor. In my eyes, the best version of Miles and Demons Souls is speaking directly to my tastes and is a very killer launch lineup, and I've been very pleasantly surprised by Astro Bot and Sackboy as well!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Both XSX and PS5, because both systems will offer great games over the next 5 to 7 years and I'm not gonna miss out because of some weird loyalty to a brand

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I got both ps5(getting them on 15th), but I probably will end returning the disk edition since I don't use physical anymore.

Aladan

Dec 23, 2019
Playstation 5. I'm a big fan of the Sony Studios games and I prefer physical media. If there will be some interesting games from Microsoft Studios in the future I will play them on PC.