• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which new character should headline the next Spider-Man spinoff between numbered entries?

• Spider-Gwen / Ghost Spider (Gwen Stacy)

Votes: 499 65.5%
  • Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)

Votes: 47 6.2%
  • Venom (Eddie Brock)

Votes: 136 17.8%
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Votes: 20 2.6%
  • Silk (Cindy Moon)

Votes: 32 4.2%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
None of the above?

I think Miles is an anomoly because of the dev time and next gen launch.

Otherwise, I foresee Spider-Man 2 and then a few years later, Spider-Man 3.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
452404a74950bf5ffc5501ddd61bd8114c58a917_00.gif

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it'd be Spider Gwen. Really love her character, especially in Spiderverse.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Venom would be pretty rad. Someone more unexpected like Superior Spiderman would be pretty cool.

TBH though it would be neat to get someone like Black Cat, Daredevil or Moon Knight. Someone who's common in Spider-man Media but not actually Spider-powered. I'm sure that would complicate the rights though.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
To be honest, I'm surprised that Venom isn't number 1 in votes. Next time I see someone downplaying Gwen's popularity, I'll show them this lol

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I have no idea what her name is but who is the lady version of Venom? Only know her becasue of the ride at Islands of Adventure lol

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I know they won't take a drastic tonal change with something like a Venom or Carnage M-rated game, but boy would I love it. Something akin to Prototype sounds amazing

Realistically they're going to do a female MC, which is likely to be Spider Gwen.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Miles is rad because his power set allows for new gameplay

Venom would be one hell of a tone change and be incredibly cool to control.

Gwen would be cool in that she would require an entire new open world area to fit with her lore (unless we going full Spider-verse)

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Hmm interesting, never saw Spider-Girl either :p

looks like I have some reading to catch up on!

I mean, it's not really surprising, she pretty much became a non-character who only appears in spider-verse type of events in the comics. And even then, she doesn't have much to do or say. She was a main character in the latest cartoon but honestly, that's more of a last spark kind of thing.
There's been a lot of Spider-Girls but they all faded into obscurity apart from Gwen, at least for now.

Mayday Parker is long gone and only appears on Spider-verse events, just like Anya Corazon.
Silk is still around as a side-character in some comics but she hasn't had a solo run since 2017, so she's slowly fading too. She could get a resurgence with the Sony show, if it ever gets made.
Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen is still kicking however, she was created the same year as Silk but she's doing a much better job, appearing in tons of Marvel cartoons and games and she's still getting her own comics, so that's good. Here's hoping that she's finally the one who gets to stay.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Miles actually had a very successful movie though, might be a stretch to expect them to move on to some of these other characters.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who didnt pick Miguel is wrong.

2099 is best Spiderman! Lol.

Also... i already made a Spider-gwen game for my wife... (i redrew a skottie young cover as pixel art and made an entire mock-genesis game for her... just to go with these custom shoes i painted)

oBDu8Ep.jpg

O8jbO39.jpg

l2zn6xi.jpg

ddxlRbZ.jpg

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
I originally thought Spider Gwen, as I really liked what they did with her in the film. So having her characterisation in the game would be good.

But then, I figured her gameplay would be fairly similar to Peters and Miles. Venom has a better chance of creating a different brawny fight dynamic to the combat, plus the Symbiote would create better opportunities for gameplay.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Venom is cool, but he's pretty hard to do right as the main protagonist.

I guess I'd pick 2099. Not very likely we'll ever see that game, but a futuristic setting could be interesting.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Spider-Gwen but they should change her name because Ghost Spider suckkkkksssss.
Better than Kid Arachnid

I originally thought Spider Gwen, as I really liked what they did with her in the film. So having her characterisation in the game would be good.

But then, I figured her gameplay would be fairly similar to Peters and Miles. Venom has a better chance of creating a different brawny fight dynamic to the combat, plus the Symbiote would create better opportunities for gameplay.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, if Spider-Man 2 is gonna have an emphasis on the symbiote & Venom, they could have Gwen be in full control of the symbiote alongside timing-based abilities (given her being in a band).

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Anyone who didnt pick Miguel is wrong.

2099 is best Spiderman! Lol.

Also... i already made a Spider-gwen game for my wife... (i redrew a skottie young cover as pixel art and made an entire mock-genesis game for her... just to go with these custom shoes i painted)

oBDu8Ep.jpg

O8jbO39.jpg

l2zn6xi.jpg

ddxlRbZ.jpg
Those shoes are awesome, nice job man!

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'd want a Ghost Spider game more for the setting than any crazy differences in playstyle. Gwen's universe has characters with pretty different backgrounds. I'd love to see some crazy boss fights and levels.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
VENOM. Think about how cool that shit would look on PS5. Good god. He'll be doing MvC2 supers in glorious 4k

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Better than Kid Arachnid

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if Spider-Man 2 is gonna have an emphasis on the symbiote & Venom, they could have Gwen be in full control of the symbiote alongside timing-based abilities (given her being in a band).
Would be a good compromise. I just figured as the combat is a large part of the game, having a heavy hitter would make it more varied than the more nimble spider heroes.

Also, the idea that Eddie is considered an anti-hero who embraces his darker side, again gives it a different dynamic to the current playable characters.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I post this once a month, but its what I'd love to see...

Peter Parker(2018) > Miles Morales(2020) > Peter/Miles > Gwen > Peter/Miles/Gwen.

or the third proper game could be Gwen/Miles fighting a symbiote Peter/Venom.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I want Silk but there's no timeline where she gets anything before Gwen does

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Venom would be awesome. By game no4 things are gonna get a little stale if you don't put something different in there. Playing as an anti-hero character and going around killing the bad guys would be pretty fun.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I said Silk cz I knew most will vote for Gwen. I'm totally happy with either....or both!