• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Yup.

I used to work with a guy and we'd quote it multiple times a day. We'd even sneak quotes into team emails and in performance reviews. It got really brazen.

Then he got fired - crashed and burned. It wasn't the Top Gun talk that got him fired though, but my Top Gun quotes dropped dramatically.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
"You're killing me, smalls" is forever in my vocabulary and I've never actually seen the movie.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Yup.

I used to work with a guy and we'd quote it multiple times a day. We'd even sneak quotes into team emails and in performance reviews. It got really brazen.

Then he got fired - crashed and burned. It wasn't the Top Gun talk that got him fired though, but my Top Gun quotes dropped dramatically.

omg are you me?

Did he ask for the number to that truck driving school on his way out?

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
As a french, is likely a toss between "Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra" and "La Cité de la peur".

But it likely won't speak to many here.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Anchorman. I'm trapped in a glass cage of emotion is one of my favorites quotes ever

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of mexicans can relate

latest

Came to post this. *fistbump*

So many quotable lines that I say all the time. "You ain't got no choice!" is something I say constantly to my kids. Haha.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Aliens.

"Game over man, game over" has got a lot of use over the years.

"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" is another.

"Get away from her you bitch" less so, but still used.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Toss up between Princess Bride and Indy Trilogy. Incidentally, I say "knowing is half the battle" a lot.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Holy Grail back in my newspaper days. The 5th Element among my local D&D group. At one point HELP and the MST3K Movie got a lot use.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
...The Room.

Both me and the wife go "ha ha ha. What a story Mark" when we hear something crazy. Lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Either Austin Powers 2 (I memorized the entire script as a teenager just to see if I could) or Snatch.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I've never even seen mean girls but I say "stop trying to make xxxx a thing." Looking it up the actual quote ends with "make xxxx happen."

I don't think I quote movies often irl. So while that Mean Girls quote is probably my most used, I still rarely say it. I reference tv shows more than movies. Like It's Always Sunny and "the implication."

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
The Room

that's life Denny.

Anything for my princess.

Don't touch me Mother Fucker!

You're not my fucking Mother!

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, that's tough. I think Pirates of the Caribbean's "they're more what you'd call guidelines" running joke is probably my single most used, but there's probably other movies where I've used multiple quotes for a total of more times.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I don't quote movies, ever. I find it weird. I just talk, you know.

edit: I lied! I think I must have said 'Clever girl' sometimes, specifically meant to be a quote. So Jurassic Park. And so maybe there are more, just that I can't remember...hmm... maybe something from Lord of the Rings? Some Sam quote?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably go with The Sandlot. Sandlot is infinitely quotable from childhood to adult hood. Even the lesser used quotes are gold.
  • First you take the Graham. You stick the Chocolate on the Graham...
  • You bob for Apples in the Toilet... and you like it!
  • Is that your sister our in left field... naked.
  • Think she'd go out with me?
  • Hey I'm just trying to make some friendly conversation here.
  • Forever
But runner ups would be Blazing Saddles, Mean Girls, and the dark horse would be Ricky Bobby. Something about Ricky Bobby just hit right at home with the family and the stupid sense of humor.

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew"

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The Matrix. The number of times people went around saying There Is No Spoon the year it came out will dwarf any quotables for the rest of my life.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sandlot

You're killing me smalls.
FOREVER

Actually, it's gotta be Super Troopers.

Snozzberries
You boys like Mexico
… and that was the second time I got crabs
Shenanigans
Mustache ride
Bear fucker
Ooh Biker, I'm an idiot
Liter cola
Car ramrod

And others I'm probably forgetting at the moment

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Super Troopers easily. That movie is beyond quotable. My buddies and I would watch that before going out for the night so it's built into our lexicon. "I got you good fucker" "enhance" and "open bar dude" are used all the time

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Half Baked and a bunch of MST3K episodes (Werewolf, Space Mutiny, Final Sacrifice mostly but lots of others).

I know I quote The Simpsons and Futurama more than any movie, though.

Jaymes

Sep 18, 2021
Probably Mean Girls closely followed by Borat. After that a mixture of Austin Powers and Arnold Schwarnegger quotes, but they're spread across multiple films each. Considering how popular Borat was among my friend group shortly after seeing it, my poor memory might be unfairly thinking it's the second most often quoted by myself. Borat could also easily be seen as cultural appropriation, where as Mean Girls doesn't have that baggage. If we were talking media in general, then South Park. I also went through a phase of quoting Kidulthood a lot.

"You go, Glen Coco" being the quote I used most often a few years back.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Honestly I think it's Mean Girls.

"on wednesday we wear pink"
"you go glen coco"
"If your from Africa, why are you white?"
"That's so fetch"

If you say any of these to a random person there is a good chance they'll know where it's from. I'm sure there are other lines I missing too.