• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which MCU villain/antagonist has the most Black Air Force Energy?

• Green Goblin

Votes: 102 29.7%
  • Scarlet Witch

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Thanos

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • Killmonger

Votes: 69 20.1%
  • Infinity Ultron

Votes: 60 17.5%
  • Hela

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Namor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
User Banned (1 Month): Racism, previous ban for dismissing concerns around Black representation
Why not just use a normal phrase

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just use a normal phrase
Because Black AF1 energy is perfectly descriptive to those in the know. Also complaining about this is some strong "why not just talk like a /normal person/ (read:white)" energy.

I voted for Killmonger cause his " Haaay Auntie" scene is 150% black AF1 energy. But Hela is being slept on.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How are Vegeta and Buu on that photo but not motherfucking Frieza???

Dude even turned on his multiverse self, he literally gives no fucks about anyone besides himself.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voted Thanos because he took out half the universe. I don't think anyone else on the list could bring that level of smoke.
As someone else said Thanos believed he was serving a higher purpose. Not Black AF1 energy. Someone like Hela who just wanted to kill her family fits it way more.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
As someone else said Thanos believed he was serving a higher purpose. Not Black AF1 energy. Someone like Hela who just wanted to kill her family fits it way more.

Hela genuinely felt that her father Odin had betrayed her, which, well, he did. Her entire point was that he was just as nasty as she was, raised her to be that way, then tossed her in the trash when it was inconvenient.

Sep 2, 2018
Killmonger wanted the most smoke, but Thanos actually got shit done. Osborne was definitely the worse because he went to a new universe and immediately started shit with everyone lol.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ultron is the only one who fits that very arbitrary definition provided. The rest value life in their own ways. Well, maybe not Hera, but that feels like cheating to include her.

But I'd also say that half the characters in that roundtable jpg don't fit that definition either. It's pretty hard to tell what the uniting aspect of those characters is supposed to be besides murder.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I voted Hela. She literally just wanted to kill and conquer.

Also technically she wasn't ever defeated either.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
man gob was a whole menace, the beatdown that went on in Happy's apartment building is all buddy needed on his resume to win this one

green-goblin-spider-man-no-way-home.gif

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
man gob was a whole menace, the beatdown that went on in Happy's apartment building is all buddy needed on his resume to win this one

green-goblin-spider-man-no-way-home.gif
Tom was like "hey buddy, this is supposed to be a simple MCU fight, you swing, i swing, we throw some quips here and there, whats going on with these pile drivers, kinda going off script aren't we???"

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I'm still having such a hard time with this definition. Cause if it's about righteous intent then Hela and Killmonger and even Thanos don't fit. If it's about a don't give a fuck, burn the world down attitude then almost none of these people fit cause they all have some ultimate motivation, twisted as it may be.

Maybe it's just Green Goblin. He just seems to want to fuck people up.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Call it recency bias, but Green Goblin & Scarlet Witch were just savages. I think Goblin is my pick only because he's been in the game for over 20 years now and didn't skip a beat (lol) in No Way Home.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Not super in the know but based on what I've seen it does sound like Gobby takes it cleanly. Like the dude is one of the most Chaotic Evil motherfuckers in the business, goddamn.

But Wanda at least deserves an honorable mention for coming into MOM having already committed to being That Bitch. Girl put in the fucking work.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Still gotta say green goblin
He wasn't using magic or energy shit
He wasn't snapping his fingers, or projectile shooting from distances
He was up close and personal and physical, the old fashioned way

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Goblin and Scarlet easy for me, can't tell them nothing when they get going. Wanda reached peak ignorance in MoM.

Goblin is like saying Joker has black air force energy, they absolutely do but they're so fucking insane it's almost like they don't have a choice but to be the way they are, it hits different when you're more sane but still willingly a menace.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get it, Thanos, Ultron, wiping out universes left and right. But they thought they were doing it for a purpose. No panache, no matter how much James Spader can work a scene, no unpredictability that gives em that edge

But MCU got some real contenders here

Gobby made like an entire dynasty outta harassing spider-men; a whole-ass career, 401K and benefits

Wanda & Hela went scorched earth; literally, in one case. Asgard to fiery ruin?, it's people decimated? pftttt, still a throne to sit on. Get custody of the kids? Sure girl, fabric of reality don't mean shit

Killmonger threads the line because he's working his own twisted principle, but he's out there trying to propagate a Wakanda-branded war industry with the cadence of giving the middle finger to someone out the car window after someone cuts him off on the highway. Absolute casual terror.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I can't even say Wanda because she at least tried to "negotiate" with strange in the beginning and got refused, and THEN got ignorant for the rest of the movie
Sure, she did give them one chance, but at least she did that much

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still gotta say green goblin
He wasn't using magic or energy shit
He wasn't snapping his fingers, or projectile shooting from distances
He was up close and personal and physical, the old fashioned way
Like seriously Arn Anderson would be jealous of the spinebuster he gave Peter in No Way Home.

Nov 1, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wanda is just a straight up demon, but she doesn't give me black air force energy.

GG is the obvious pick, but Infinity Ultron is underrated. He was throwing hands with anyone. He literally jumped out and ran the set with the Watcher just for shits and giggles.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
I'm thinking Hela, because she's of sound mind and wants to fuck things up anyway. She's ancient and probably would never tire of it, either.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Ok so google tells me what this slang means, but now I really want to know what gave birth to it?

Is it really about some Nike shoes??

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Ok so google tells me what this slang means, but now I really want to know what gave birth to it?

Is it really about some Nike shoes??

Kind of, but that's more the inspiration than being about them per say. They have a weird rep of being something a lot of druggies wear or people who only wear them for work, so the only ones wearing them are those who are nuts or about to do the work no one else wants to do. Therefore those who have that energy are nuts, out of their mind, or about to do dirty work no one else wants to do. It's a pretty new term, I think, I've only heard it the last 2 years or so. Not sure where it started, but my guess is Twitter spread it and then popularized on TikTok, like many trends nowadays.

Here's an article sort of about the origin from 2019, so it's at least that old.

How the Black Air Force 1 Became Sneaker Culture's Funniest Meme

The Black Nike Air Force 1 has gone from the hood's most nefarious sneaker to running joke on the Internet.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It's either Goblin or Killmonger, everyone else feels like a child. I go with Killmonger since Goblin technically came from Raimi.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
thread is making me want to cop some of those shoes tbh

I wanna be in the degen club :(

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Gobby, but how are DIO and Yoshikage Kira missing from this list??
The biggest one.

DIO straight up threw a dude through the car he was chasing to stop it.

BogusVictoriousBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

He used policeman like bowling pins.

77b1e4d818c60a7206bc600534e09edea1528009_hq.gif

LIke Neoxon c'mon this man should be it's poster child for raw dgaf energy.

Last edited:

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
She literally just wanted conquest, she didn't care how it happened.

She was literally confused that anyone wouldn't want that.

I would quibble with that. Hela wanted to regain her throne in Asgard which she felt was rightfully hers. And her big beef was with her father Odin, who had raised her to be a conqueror by his side then just tossed her aside. Part of her whole thing is that Odin is a huge hypocrite and a shitty father, which are pretty undeniable.

Of course this gets into the whole thing where we're defending fictional mass murderers.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to got on a limb here and say Klaw.

Dude really seemed in it just for the kicks

I like this answer. My vote is still for Killmonger. Dude was a straight G. Watched his dad die, overthrew governments, grew up in the hood, US vet, and walked straight into Wakanda and made the entire kingdom bow to him, and he threw T'Challa in a river. And he did all of this before he took over Wakanda and ate that flower. He did all that with no powers.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Borrowing a phrase from Boondocks, the best way to sum up Black Air Force is:

"It's a beautiful day to fuck shit up."

If your character's motives can't be summed up this way, they aren't in the running.

Gobby, Hela, and, at a stretch, Killmonger.

I didn't watch What If so I can't say about Infinity Ultron.

Scarlet Witch and Thanos were too purpose driven to count.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Borrowing a phrase from Boondocks, the best way to sum up Black Air Force is:

"It's a beautiful day to fuck shit up."

If your character's motives can't be summed up this way, they aren't in the running.

Gobby, Hela, and, at a stretch, Killmonger.

I didn't watch What If so I can't say about Infinity Ultron.

Scarlet Witch and Thanos were too purpose driven to count.
Infinity Ultron caught fade throughout his entire universe, then chased smoke against The Watcher because IU ran out of ops in his own universe.