• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Off the top of my head: Ironman 2 and 3. Captain Marvel. Black Panther. Ant-Man 1 and 2.

Actually, kind of all of them. If you've seen one, you've seen them all in terms of set-up and payoff.

Apr 24, 2018
Pretty much all of them - these are one and done movies for me. The only one I can see myself re-watching of my own volition in the next decade or so is the original Iron Man.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
I did a full re-watch before Endgame.

- Incredible Hulk is the only one that felt really weird / bad / pointless. Besides the role being re-cast, you also have Betty NEVER coming up again, Hulk being effectively re-introduced in Avengers making his Origin movie less essential than Cap and Iron Man. Incredibly Hulk is the only one I would full-on dump into a "SKIP" category as the library of films grows bigger and bigger.

- Even the commonly agreed-upon "bad" movies like Thor 2 and IM3 are still fun to watch in the moment and are perfectly serviceable as stand-alone superhero romps. They're both odd-fitting in MCU canon and have iffy villains, all the usual complaints, but as pieces of "summer movie" entertainment they aren't bad.

- One interesting thing I learned on my re-watch is that movies I USED to think were bad, lime Iron Man 2, are enriched by all the MCU movies that follow. IM2 used to feel SOOOO bogged down by all the world-building a SHIELD stuff that's shoe-horned into it. But now that there's a dozen movies that came out after it that build on that foundation, it doesn't make its inclusion in IM2 feel as out of place any more.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The ones I wouldn't mind seeing again:

Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2
Thor Ragnarok
Infinity War / Endgame
Winter Soldier / Civil War maybe?

I'm not super attached to any of the rest. My opinion on that might change in like 10-15 years once I've forgotten most of it.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The usual suspects. Norton Hulk, IM2, Thor 2, IM3. I have certainly watched some way more than others of course but these 4 are the only bad ones.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
none. My kid doesn't even like them enough to rewatch them so it works out perfectly for me

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Basically all of phase 1 and 2. It wasnt until phase 3 that I started liking the movies enough to buy some of them.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man movies, Doctor Strange, pre-Waititi Thor, Captain Marvel. Probably the Spider-Man movies, too.

I actually love Incredible Hulk and have seen it a few times. Norton Banner is still the best Banner.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Most of them. The ones I'm willing to rewatch are the Guardians movies and Ragnarok. There's just a vibe about them that I like to experience again. The rest, while most were enjoyable movies, I don't really get the itch to watch again.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
All of them. There's too much media I'm interested in to ever reread, replay or rewatch anything.

People who watch the same stuff over and over completely baffle me.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, and Ant-man & The Wasp are my personal lows and I don't have much desire to revisit. I've never actually watched the Hulk movie though.

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
I rewatched Sexy Beast this past weekend. For the first time in about 10yrs.
Talk about wasted opportunity. If Ben Kingsley had played the Mandarin like he did Don then Jesus what a movie that could have been.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Since everyone said the generally accepted lesser Marvel movies I'll say one slightly more controversial, Doctor Strange. The visuals are for me the only thing interesting but everythign else was just uninteresting to me. It felt like the movie was trying to hard to be quippy and clever but at the expense of really setting up enough the Ancient One and her followers.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Age of Ultron. Absolute stinkers.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man: Far From Home

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes Ascending. Omg that movie was an abomination and you thought it was better? really? hmm
More redeemable factors? The art and action were cool. And conceptually it was pretty interesting along with at least some interesting acting.

Thor was all bad. Horrible cardboard acting, a dumb as hell story, boring as shit art and imagery, etc. It's just bad on every count.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I literally told myself I'd never watch Captain Marvel again when watching it. And I thought it was pretty decent.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Most of them. They're not great movies. Enjoyable in a bubble, but when you remove them from the context of being "in the moment", the bubble bursts and you realize just how bad most of these films are. Awful writing, pacing, cinematography, totally devoid of character development or growth, etc.

It's why Iron Man 3 and the Spider-Man movies are genuinely fun and enjoyable while the rest are just dreck.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man 1-3 - These movies just blend together for me and not in a good way. I don't really like them at all.
Thor 1 and 2 - Same with Iron Man. Plus, Ragnarok was so much more entertaining that it makes it impossible to go back to Thor 1-2.
Avengers Age of Ultron - Liked it when it came out but it's hard to look back at it favorably after the later MCU movies.

I think that's about it. Pretty much everything else I wouldn't mind rewatching. Well, I'd maybe throw in Captain Marvel too because it was just okay. Wouldn't really care to see that one again.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ant Man and the Wasp for me. Maybe Thor 2 as well but I don't remember it well enough. lol

also people are crazy to hate IM3 more than the dumpster fire that is IM2

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Any of them. They're forgettable rollercoasters imo. Saw Infinity War yesterday and wasn't impressed for this supposed "amazing" movie. It was a complete mess with some very distracting CG (so much CG) and way too many characters. I do like the occasional Marvel movie, like I enjoy the occasional burger, but that's it.

/edit: oh Thor Ragnarok was probably the best I've seen, so maybe that one.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There's no reason to watch Incredible Hulk ever again I guess.

I'm not 100% sure about this but maybe Infinity War and Endgame
I watched both of those on release day in the largest cinema I could find (800 people) and it can't get better than that so rewatching those would be a severe downgrade