• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I voted for the Endgame one, although the colors of Sam's suit really make it pop. I just wish Sam's had no cowl or a full cowl, I really don't care for the half cowl it has. It's accurate to the comic design, but I didn't like it there either.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
The Winter Soldier, "hostage rescue" mission suit.

Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-review.jpg

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Considering how Sam's suit looks in the comics, I doubt that they veer too far from it.

falconcap.jpg

Big oof. I mean they have majorly departed from the comic designs in other suits, too, so I guess its not impossible. But man I really hate this design. I expected something much more mechanical to go with the wings, maybe with a slight touch of Iron Man. The body looks abit better in the comics because in the series it just looks so ill-fitted but man the headpiece doesnt work for me at all either way.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I like all of Steve's suits, except Avengers 1. That one is so damn wack, heh.

Sam's suit is lacking in the head gear department.

I like Walkers suits too.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
all of cap's helmets make him look hella goofy to me, and i don't like sam's goggles. so infinity war i guess?

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of Steve's suits outside of Avengers 1 are REALLY good. Sam's is nearly perfect except for the damn headpiece. Honestly should just remove it or something.

AoU is my fave, though. And then maybe Endgame?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I still maintain if the cowl from the Avengers suit had a chin strap like the others it would look fine

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Endgame suit. The scales add that extra something that makes it #1 for me. Nomad suit next, then WS suit.

I'm ambivalent about Sam's suit. I get it's comic accurate but the headpiece is weird. Kinda wish they give him a fully enclosed helmet that disappears (nano-tech) in the next iteration.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's so hard to pick. Steve has a lot of good suits. Might need to see Sam's in action a bit more but it's not bad either.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The fact that Steve returns to the WS suit, a suit that represents having his moral and heroic intents kinda stripped from him as he engages in state-sanctioned violence, as he and the crew go to brutally and unheroically kill Thanos like a vengeance hit?

Perfect fucking choice

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Every time I see it I'm reminded how bad the first Avengers movie suit is.

I voted for the Civil War suit, personally. It was close with the Stealth suit.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Sam's concept looks the best, but it didn't come out right on film. The white it too white, and the headgear looks stupid on him.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
WWII and Infinity War are my favorite Cap suits, Followed by Winter Soldier era outfit. AoU/CW/Endgame are pretty solid too.

I was really surprised to see the general positive reaction to Sam's suit on here. Can't say I'm a fan. It tits weird, has too much white and the headpiece is fugly.
Exact same thoughts for me. I think it's the worst Cap costume, tied with Steve's first Avenger's one.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how the first Avengers suit made it to film. I can't imagine how many millions went into creating that piece of trash.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Endgame suit, just because the scalemail actually works; and I normally hatteeeee Cap's scalemail suit.

Everybody'd wear the Winter Soldier suit as a default look but when you want to go big and look big the Endgame suit is where it's at

Oct 25, 2017
First Avenger WW2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Endgame > Strike > Others > Stained Pajamas > Avengers 1

I like Sam's suit a bunch but I need more exposure to it before I can really make a decision on its placement, it's only been rolling around in my head for about a day
i gotta stew on it a while
I love all the white

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If they must go helmetless I think Sam's suit would look way better if the the cowl stopped just below the ears instead of covering the cheeks and temples. Maybe go with a larger one piece visor instead of goggles so Mackie can emote more easily while in costume.

Last edited:

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Stealth Suit Cap.

Some of the concept art suits are badass as well.

Civil War
gFDGRT9.jpg

Infinity War
X558B5c.jpg

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every suit Steve had aside from OG Avengers (How they had a good one in the first Cap and then botched it in Avengers I'll never know) is great. Personal favorite is Ultron, with Winter Soldier and Endgame next. Like Sam's Cap suit too.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I can't believe people are voting for that new suit, it looks like a cheap cosplay. It's even worse than the Avengers 1 suit.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I always found the concept the stealth suit funny since he is still carrying a huge bright shield.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The shield actually has more muted colors when Steve is on stealth missions in Winter Soldier (as seen at the start of the movie).
Yeah it's a pretty neat effect. No one really looks at it too closely because it's nighttime and we all "assume" what the shield looks like but when you look at i there's not even much red.
XuJCw.jpg

The little red showing up shows that Cap must have laminated it or painted it during his stealth missions.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
They all look great except for the Avengers 1 suit. He just looks so damn goofy without the chin strap.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Avengers 1 is still like the absolute worst in the entire MCU lol.

Yeah, looking back I have no idea what they were thinking with that suit. It looks like he's wearing a polyester onesie, and it just goes to the next level with the "helmet" on (which was really more of a... skull cap?)

Winter Soldier and Civil War suits are the best, but honestly I think all of his suits past Avengers 1 looked pretty great.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
WW2 outfit cause it looks the most natural. Sam's suit is my favorite in terms of design.

Oct 25, 2017
Winter Soldier suit or the Cap in Avengers Endgame that was kinda grungy

Sam's new suit is so close to being good without the side of the head covering

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate saying it but I hate Sam's suit. I don't like the shoulders or all of the white on his head or his head thing which looks like his neck is locked in place and his ears are getting smushed down.

And it's supposed to be made in Wakanda? After Shuri made those stylish and sleek-ass Black Panther suits? They did Sam dirty tbh.

But I know it is just the first iteration of his design so I can be patient with it.

(I'm mostly mad because I feel like John Walker got more focus by the costume design team than Sam)

The Winter Soldier, "hostage rescue" mission suit.

Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-review.jpg

Yep. Absolutely the best Cap suit. His whole look in Winter Soldier was honestly top-tier Steve Rogers.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
John's is perfect in the end with the classic colors
John-Walker-US-Agent-and-Valentina-in-Falcon-and-Winter-Soldier-Finale.jpg

really gives the "he's a tool not a symbol" feel