• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which looter shooter in the Fall?

• Destiny 2 Shadowkeep

Votes: 311 30.9%
  • Borderlands 3

Votes: 466 46.4%
  • Warframe

Votes: 77 7.7%
  • Division 2

Votes: 38 3.8%
  • Anthem

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Multiple Games

Votes: 92 9.2%

• Total voters

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Fallout 76 must be feeling sad to be left out of the poll, and not a single mention in the comments so far.

NPC update with 3/NV style dialogue choices, and a brand new main story! I'm more interested in this update than any other shooter. Would love to hear an Anthem reboot is happening too though. Other than that, No Man's Sky also scratches this itch fairly well for me since I prefer exploration over combat in games like this.

Oh, very interesting! I was hoping to give FO76 a shot when it goes on sale, but the whole "one step forward, a bajillion steps back" issue with patches that have happened several times had spooked me a little. Hopefully this helps the game get some legs, there's a lot of care put into it that is obscured by lots of other nonsense they've been trying to fix!

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Destiny. Always Destiny. Nothing else comes even close to the gunplay that Destiny has.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 3, no doubt. I'm still having fun with Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel.

Division 2 got old really quickly and the team doesn't seem to have any fresh ideas. Destiny 2 is not a bad game per se but I wasn't too keen on the first one and 2 is just more of the same. Anthem is dead. Could never get into Warframe.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't vote because there is a none option. Will be playing BL3 in 2020 when it comes to Steam.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Destiny 2 is included with my Stadia Founder's Edition and I haven't touched the series since pretty early on in the first game, so probably that one.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to go back to The Division 2, but I don't think I'd be able to get back into it. I put a ton of time into Forsaken, but I know I'll never be able to put aside the free time required to do a raid again.

So for me... probably just Borderlands 3. Assuming I can get a key from somewhere that's not the Epic Store so I don't have to give them any money.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played any Destiny game - will Shadowkeep be a good starting point or will I be missing out on stuff?

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Warframe, though like someone else said it doesn't exactly fit the mold since it works much like Monster Hunter in terms of progression. (You get crafting mats/blueprints through missions and use them to build weapons. You don't usually ever get any weapons/equipment through looting enemies)

I guess I was interested in Borderlands 3 but Randy managed to absolutely unsell me on this game.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3

I very much enjoyed Forsaken, but everything Bungie released afterwards missed the mark for me. If Shadowkeep is more along the lines of random grinding activities and not substantial story content, I'll skip it entirely

Division 2 is one of the most dull pieces of entertainment I've experienced in a while

Warframe continues to be a super cool game that, because of its obtuse structure, is impossible to stick with. I'll continue to pop in occasionally though.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Warframe aint a looter shooter
I tried twice to like borderlands. I dont like the way it played or looked.

I assume ill play Destiny 2. Im trying to get back into it rn. But it feels kinda pointless knowing that the whole armor system is about to change. And admittedly im getting tired of them having to fix major areas of the game. That were fine in original game

accx

Oct 28, 2017
Borderlands 3. Currently doing all the DLC's on TVHM in Borderlands 2 with my SO. Preparing for the launch.

Anthem on the side 'cause might as well milk it for what it's worth 'til EA eventually shuts it down.
Man it's so much fun playing it when everything works. Such a shame. I hope they implement some of Anthems combat and such into the next ME.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I peraonally can't wait for Destiny on Steam. Will start playing with some friends.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Only WarFrame especially because it's the only one on Switch as far as I know...

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Shadowkeep. I'm still deep in D2 and for the amout of time I can play per week it's really the perfect game.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Borderlands 3 because I feel like I can play it for 50 hours, maybe a little more if the DLC is good and it will be balanced around that experience.

All other looter shooters seem to want you to play for months.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Shadowkeep + Borderlands 3.

I play all of the above, but D2 has really grabbed me again, and I'm really enjoying the Season Of Opulence, so much to catch up on since Warmind lol.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I've never played any Destiny game - will Shadowkeep be a good starting point or will I be missing out on stuff?

Shadowkeep would be a perfect start as New Light is releasing at the same time, which will be free. You'll automatically be raised to PL 750 and be able to jump in right away if you decide to buy Shadowkeep. New Light will include the base game as well as every expansion up to Forsaken.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Borderlands. All the others are shitty ripoffs of the king. Bungie made a game with fun shooting and then buried it all under an unending avalanche of idiotic game decisions revolving around grinding. You're not building a character in Destiny. You're just constantly grinding away at the newest loot until other new loot shows up rendering your prior grind pointless. I expected more from Bungie, but all these years later and they're still delivering the same old shit over and over and over.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Borderlands. All the others are shitty ripoffs of the king. Bungie made a game with fun shooting and then buried it all under an unending avalanche of idiotic game decisions revolving around grinding. You're not building a character in Destiny. You're just constantly grinding away at the newest loot until other new loot shows up rendering your prior grind pointless. I expected more from Bungie, but all these years later and they're still delivering the same old shit over and over and over.

You mean like every MMO does, which Bungie is fully embracing at this point?

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
You mean like every MMO does, which Bungie is fully embracing at this point?
Other MMO's actually build your character when you raise your player level. They give you new abilities/powers. What does Destiny give you when you jump 50 in light level? Right. Not a damn thing. Other MMOs actually make you feel stronger as you grow in level. Destiny doesn't. As an MMO it's laughably bad. But I don't expect much from Luke, so I'm not surprised that its this bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'll absolutely be playing Shadowkeep, with Destiny 2 basically being my "hobby" game. I'll also do a playthrough of Borderlands 3, I just can't see myself engaging in whatever endgame it has. Really glad Shadowkeep got delayed, I should hopefully get through BL3 by the time it launches.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
ShadowKeep. I could not get into Borderlands whatsoever. The notion of hundreds of thousands of weapons doesn't sound appealing to me. I'd rather have a a much more refined and curated set of awesome weapons over a potentially mass volume of trash.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Other MMO's actually build your character when you raise your player level. They give you new abilities/powers. What does Destiny give you when you jump 50 in light level? Right. Not a damn thing.

So now we're moving the goalpost? Because I thought this was about gear being left behind. Last time I checked, every MMO leaves old gear behind when a new expansion is on the horizon in favor of new gear and expects you to grind for it to earn it. And jumping in power level serves to make you more powerful. Why don't you go and try the most recent CoS raid at 700 power and then do it at 750 and tell me light level doesn't do a thing for you.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the Fall?

None of them. I'll probably wait for BL3 on Steam and that's not happening till 2020.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 3, then back to Destiny most likely.

Been playing Destiny since the beginning and it's always easy to come back to after a long hiatus.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2, i want to play TD2 on PC but is still too expensive.

Fake edit: oh, i remember BL3 won't be on Steam. Just Destiny 2 for now.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I might go back to Destiny 2, played a ton of it at the beginning of summer, then fell off again like I typically do.

But with the new expansion coming, I could get sucked back in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
None of them. I finally burned out on Warframe a couple months back and I don't think I'm going back.

Zero interest in starting another one with far less content.

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 3 , Destiny, and The Division.

Borderlands is a bit different (for me at least) in the way it's set up as I can just jump in at any time, play and have fun while not feeling like I have to catch up or stay ahead of the cycle that exist in Destiny and The Division. At this point though I'm going to treat the latter two games the same as the former as I really don't care about triumphs or titles but rather experiences and content. If both Destiny and The Division would find/develop ways to keep existing content fresh and much more replayable instead of being mundane borefests then that could change.

All of these types of games should have an endless game-type where you are challenged after creating builds, collecting/earning loot...you know something to actually use that gear on instead of it sitting in a vault/inventory as mostly just a trophy.