• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Link?

• Kid Link (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, most 2D games, etc)

Votes: 219 23.0%
  • Adolescent Link (OoT, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, most 3D games, etc)

Votes: 735 77.0%

• Total voters

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I don't THINK this is a hot take or anything but personally I've always associated Zelda with being about a little kid going on a grand adventure so Kid Link is still what I imagine when I think of Legend of Zelda. I'm not sure how much of that is a boomer opinion though so I want y'all to weigh in.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never cared for Kid Link and I hate children in games.

Kid Link is more a way to turn me away from the game than cellshading ever was.

For me Twilight Princess is still my favorite link. Hyrule Warriors Link probably second most.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
It was Adult Link from Ocarina of Time however now most people go for the one in Breath or the Wild especially since now it will have 3 games

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Both of these options are wrong, MAH BOI.

Sorry OP, I can't give credit. Come back when you're a little... Mmmmmmmmm... Cultured.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
When I close my eyes and think, I see (edit I can't read) Adolescent Link as I played a ton of A Link To The Past and Links Awakening

Last edited:

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Where does classic Link fall into? He seems like a younger teenager... but all Links are teenagers at most, so that doesn't help much. Like 14-15 instead of 17-18?

latest

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
To me, kid Link embodies the spirit of the Zelda franchise. I'm also an old guy who played the original LOZ obsessively as a child. The squat sprite for Link is forever engrained in my mind.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
It's kind of strange how quickly and effectively BotW supplanted my mental image of "Link." So much so that the classic green tunic and windsock hat almost seem wrong now.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
young link for sure, my fav 3 zeldas are majoras, wind waker, and awakening so

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Zelda II Link, the only one that kisses Zelda and also gets special life filling treatment

Alooful

One Winged Slayer
Mar 27, 2020
I read "Link" and first thought of that art of OoT Young Link shooting his slingshot

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
When I close my eyes and think, I see Kid Link as I played a ton of A Link To The Past and Links Awakening

This is "kid Link"? I wouldn't describe him that way. This looks like a teenager.

Anyway, Zelda 2 manual's art is what I think of, and where this is from, if I'm not mistaken. It's right in line with LttP and OoT's art, too.

So, adolescent Link.

Zelda 1's Link art was weirdly squat. Not so much like a kid, though he obviously is a kid or very young teen, but more like he saw the top-down look of the game and just though Link was built like a dwarf or something. Like that:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Toon Link is what I think of when I think of the Zelda Series, he's the most iconic link design to me.

1f5829a0336ab190a774261629d6188b.gif

da09e7a532b4b3a5514d0f85f0bf68ec7dcdf9fc_128.jpg

minish cap link is best link

I adore Minish Cap so much, my favorite game in the series. What I wouldn't do for a Minish Cap remake on switch like how A Links Awakening got.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't separate any Links in my mind. Link is Link. Sometimes he's older, sometimes he's younger, sometimes he looks like a cartoon, sometimes he looks like a toy. All different but all the same. All Links are Zelda series.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Child Link from Ocarina of Time. That image of him always stuck in my head as the definitive version ever since I first played it!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This picture is The Legend of Zelda as a franchise for me

latest
Yeah. Smash Bros. was the first time I saw Link who was based on Ocarina of Time, and Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I encountered, while you start as Kid Link in that game, adolescent Link was still the main focus of the game from the title screen to the marketing. It was all about this design right here.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
images

my first LOZ link
and also loving the DX version and Switch remake ( i do not care about the framerates )

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is "kid Link"? I wouldn't describe him that way. This looks like a teenager.

Anyway, Zelda 2 manual's art is what I think of, and where this is from, if I'm not mistaken. It's right in line with LttP and OoT's art, too.

So, adolescent Link.

Zelda 1's Link art was weirdly squat. Not so much like a kid, though he obviously is a kid or very young teen, but more like he saw the top-down look of the game and just though Link was built like a dwarf or something. Like that:

I must admit I read the poll options as kid and adult not adolescent. Looking at it now I would classify it as adolescent.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Kid Link. Adult Link is too anime and handsome, kinda irritates me for a reason.

This is perfection:

imgbin-oracle-of-seasons-and-oracle-of-ages-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-the-legend-of-zelda-teMeQFkwrB1SxNCwAjaB6uAxm.jpg