• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joo

May 25, 2018
This same thread has probably been up like five times with most people saying that they'll get MM, Demon's Souls etc for PS5 and Xbox folks telling they don't need any launch games because having Game Pass makes up for it.

Not saying that this shouldn't be up and this probably won't be the last similar thread, but just as an observation really that we basically have had this conversation already.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This same thread has probably been up like five times with most people saying that they'll get MM, Demon's Souls etc for PS5 and Xbox folks telling they don't need any launch games because having Game Pass makes up for it.

Not saying that this shouldn't be up and this probably won't be the last similar thread, but just as an observation really that we basically have had this conversation already.

We're gonna have a thread like this again the week before or the week of the console launches.

This is fine because we have solid dates for exclusives and multiplats now.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls and possibly MM ultimate.
Will get gears tactics on game pass, still undecided on Yakuza.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
For the PS5 it's only Sony exclusives, as usual. That's what I buy the console for.

Makes it only Miles Morales at launch.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
If I end up getting a PS5, I'll get Spider-Man and Devil May Cry 5 SE.

The fact that I'm not interested in anything else is why I'm probably not getting one at launch.

As for the Series X, I won't get one as I will access the MS ecosystem via Windows 10, but I am also not interested in any launch games.

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass day one on Xbox Series X, I will play Gears Tactics, Falconeer, and replay through Gears 5 campaign.

Will also count the days (undetermined, so might as well be forever) until Halo Infinite :)

Just as a heads up, I think you will have to pay for Falconeer to play it day one. I dont think that one is on GP. Looks dope though!

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I am a sucker for launches so I'll be getting

Sackboy
Spider-man Ultimate
Assassin's Creed
Watch Dogs
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Observer redux
Godfall
Cyberpunk (to try the first 30min then shelve it until the next gen upgrade)
Falconeer (maaaybe)

And probably a few digital-only releases at launch, there's bound to be some cool stuff.

Plus anything on gamepass ofc
Damn.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
XsX - Dirt 5, Crash Bandicoot 4, Yakuza, down the road Immortal Fenyx Rising.
PS5 - couldn't get a preorder but if I luck out Sackboy, Godfall
Alternate plan B - if no PS5 this year I'll get Godfall there, along with Cyberpunk.

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
On XSX
Cyberpunk
I have Gamepass so looking forward to the games on there.
maybe one of Assassins Creed or Watchdogs depending on reviews.

ps5
miles morales although I'll probably be cancelling my PS5 pre order so will get it on PS4
demon souls if I don't cancel ps5 pre order

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Xbox Game Pass (for day one D2 Beyond Light), Yakuza 7, and AC Valhalla. Will wait for the next-gen patch before picking up CyberPunk.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
None. I'll be playing TLOU 2, RDR 2 and Bloodborne, in that order.

Since I only get to play a couple of hours per week that should keep me occupied until Miles is available for less than 50 bucks. GT7 would be an insta-buy, though.

Scarlet0Pimp

Feb 4, 2018
Getting CoD and Falconeer for the Series X. Looking forward to playing Gears Tactics too.
Will be checking out a few last gen games to see how Series X improves them such as Hunt Showdown.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Demon's Souls
Miles Morales Deluxe Edtion
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
The Pathless

Then Cyberpunk 2077 the following week.
Once I get my PS5, I'm going to request some time off of work to enjoy it. I need a break from work anyway, and was going to take off sooner, but figured might as well wait until then to do so. Of course, assuming that things are crazy hectic at work with our next release.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
How many games can we realistically pay at the same time?

Demon souls and cyberpunk on launch.

I think I will save miles morales for Christmas. I was disappointed in the Parker changes so will prob just get miles and skip the remaster.

Nov 5, 2017
For PS5, I only have the Ultimate Edition of MM preordered. Planning on playing the original first (never played it) followed by MM. I think I'll be set for a while.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm a fucking idiot and have both consoles ordered.

Series X
Cyberpunk
Will mainly be playing gamepass, BC and Destiny.

PS5
Demon's Souls
Maybe Spidey
Angling for some free codes from a friend in the industry because those games are pricey.

Hendog1981

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Series X - Gears Tactics (Game Pass) also have a huge backlog to make my way through.

PS5 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
For PS5: Miles Morales, Sackboy, maybe Godfall pending reviews

For XSX: Probably nothing. Which doesn't seem right. I'll work on my backlog and Gamepass for the first little while.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Funnily enough, getting both systems and no launch games for either (at least until Cyberpunk).

Series X - Gamepass i.e. Doom Eternal, Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, MCC, Yakuza Zero (I believe this is the one I start with?)

PS5 - PS+ Collection games i.e. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War, Detroit, Until Dawn, Persona 5 (though may wait for Royal to drop in price), The Last Guardian.

Having skipped Sony this gen and largely neglected Gamepass for study, my backlog is enormous. Not going to need to buy anything new for a long while, which is fantastic given how expensive pricing is here in Australia. I'm going to be absolutely rolling in games, and with a new 4K OLED TV even older titles are going to look so damn good. Also cannot wait to experience those Sony exclusives!

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
- Game Pass: The Medium, Call of the Sea, Gears Tactics, Tetris Effect: Connected , Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Watch Dogs: Legion

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's souls and maybe miles day 1. If not then it will be a few weeks after launch.
I'll also have the ps collection for stuff like days gone so I'll be fine for a while.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
Feel rather silly to say I won't be playing any PS5 games on my ps5 for a while. I'll probably get demons souls when it goes on sale. That's if I keep my pre-order...

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
DS and MM for now, destruction all stars looks interesting but i need to see some gameplay first.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Demon's is my first stop. Then Miles Morales. If I'm really jonezing for something Godfall but the official marketing for this game is a massive turn off. I like my looters though, so if there is good word of mouth I'll jump. Same for Avengers if the next gen versions are any better.

Honestly I don't know the launch lineup for these consoles at all lol. Probably start a replay of Ace Combat 7 or something after that and see what else is out.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
PS5: Demon's Souls and Destruction All Stars.
XSX: I will buy it when they start to release quality exclusives, I hope it will be in 2021.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
No plans to pick up an XSX.
If I manage to get a PS5 at launch it'll likely only be to play BC games.
I think the only game I have even a mild interest in at launch is Demon's Souls.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Series X. No launch games, just fancy games that I missed in high fidelity like Red Dead 2. I can wait for Cyberpunk until 2021 with slightly more patches and bug fixes (maybe even next gen patch)

CoHLord

Nov 1, 2017
I'm getting Demon's Souls, Spider-Man MM, Cyberpunk 2077 and AC: Valhalla at launch. Maybe Sackboy and Godfall depending on reviews.