• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will you play?

• Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy (January 26)

Votes: 31 10.3%
  • Ys IX: Monstrom Nox (February 2)

Votes: 72 23.9%
  • Persona 5 Strikers (February 23)

Votes: 106 35.2%
  • BRAVELY DEFAULT II (February 26)

Votes: 109 36.2%
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS5 upgrade (March 2)

Votes: 80 26.6%
  • Nier Remake (April 23)

Votes: 171 56.8%
  • SMT: Nocturne Remaster (early 2021 whatever that means)

Votes: 128 42.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll finally get around to Persona 5 Royal and if I enjoy that I'll definitely check out Strikers.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This list is pretty meh and boring, i guess Nier Replicant and that's it.

The rest is so uninspiring lol

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Although I have preordered, I'm not sure yet whether I'll play Nier Remake.
First priority is probably FFVII Remake PS5/PC if it releases in April.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Ryza 2 and Bravely Default cause I got them both preordered cheap.

Still undecided on Ys IX (didn't like Ys VIII) and Nier Replicant (I beat the original a few years ago and know all the important story stuff, so I'd just be playing for the new gameplay tweaks).

Waiting to see how Nocturne launches, as it's been patched a few times since the JP release and, to my knowledge, still hasn't fixed a lot of issue I couldn't replicate on an Emulator compared to their actual asking price.

I hate Persona 5 and I've already completed Yakuza 7, so Strikers isn't on my radar.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Honestly, not really any of them. The Ys IX demo has left a bit of a sour taste as it feels like the game might be a step down from Ys VIII. I'll look into Yakuza and Atelier because I've seen them both get praise around the net. Not too interested in P5S cause I don't care much for musous, and I don't like Nier or BD.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
none of these,i'd probably be interested in Atelier but I bounced off that series when they stopped doing english dubs

bravely default i'd maybe be interested in but i've never played anything in the series so meh

Yakuza i'll probably get around to someday but it'll be the PC version that's already out whenever I do

not on this list but I might play Cold Steel IV whenever it comes out on PC(but I might wait till later in the year,i'm kinda burned out on the series right now and still haven't quite finished the third one)

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I would've said Ys IX, but I did a recent replay of my import copy - so I'll wait for PC or Switch, I think.

I'm super excited for Ryza 2, though!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So is SMT: Nocturne Switch good now? I know there were a lot of complaints at launch, but not sure if the patches fixed everything.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
ALL THE THINGS(actually clicked on everything other then P5:S, not a musou guy).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
From the OP's thread for sure the Nier Remake and BD2. Not sure if they'll be out this spring but Trails From Azure with the geofront fan patch and whenever the switch port of Cold Steel 4 happens.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Bravely Default is probably the only one I'll play at launch. Persona 5 Strikers, Ys IX, and Atelier Ryza 2 are games I'll almost definitely play eventually but not quite yet. I may play Yakuza 7 this spring but it won't be the PS5 version. Not terribly interested in Nocturne and the original Nier was a mediocre game so I'm not particularly excited for that.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Going to finally play through FF12 on the Switch. I got stuck on the PS2 release, so planning to finally beat it here.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Ys 9 only for now. Don't even know what other games are coming out this year, and not interested in any of the others in the poll.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Wow interesting results, with Nier Remake, leading the pack and SMT Nocturne followed behind in second. But where's the option for Tales of Arise and Disgaea 6?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
SMT3 again I suppose. I'm skipping Ryza 2 because the first was a huge bummer, I've already finished Ys IX, dropped off Strikers after the first palace, really disliked the Bravely Default 2 demoes, am not particularly interested in replaying Nier, and finished the PS4 version of Yakuza 7.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nier remake and Nocturne. It'll be my first time playing Nocturne so I'm stoked for that.
Looking to also check out Mother 3 as well, went through Mother 2 two last year.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I missed the boat on the first Bravely Default title. I won't make the same mistake twice!

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Thread reminded me of how spoiled we are compared to most of the PS/360 generation. Don't get me wrong, there were some bangers, but it feels like we are getting hit with great JRPGs every month this gen.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Bravely Default, Nier, Persona, and SMT for sure. Ryza 2 and Yakuza at some point later once I've played the prerequisite stuff. Honestly maybe also Ys IX since it's so soon.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looking like a good year for JRPGs. Hopefully we'll get Tales of Arise and SMTV too, plus MH Stories 2 in the summer.