• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your favourite ending to Clue?

• Ending A - Miss Scarlet is the killer, Yvette the Maid is the accomplice

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Ending B - Mrs. Peacock is the killer

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Ending C - Everyone is a killer, Mr. Green is an FBI agent

Votes: 86 84.3%
  • Never seen the movie

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All three endings are included with the home release, but when this classic motion picture was released in the theatres, they would randomly show one of them. Which was your favourite?

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I always prefer an ending in which everyone is terrible, so I like the third ending. It seemed to best sum-up each character.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Such a close call between #1 and #3. The Miss Scarlet ending has the 1+2+2+1 and the chandelier callback, but the third ending has Mrs. White's flames speech and the Mr. Green stuff.

Gonna go with the final ending, but arguably the Miss Scarlet solution makes more logical sense.

(The Mrs. Peacock ending kinda sucks. Less funny than the other two and doesn't make a lick of sense.)

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
How did I not know there were 3 endings??!!

I've seen this movie multiple times, but they've been years apart, I don't even remember which endings I've seen....or if it's just one. šŸ¤Æ

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I like the third one just because it says "I killed Mr Body in the hallway with the revolver"

I just watched this movie last night for the first time so this thread is perfect timing.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see a movie do the random endings thing just to see the confusion it caused people, radically especially if the endings were drastically different.

Nov 27, 2017
How did I not know there were 3 endings??!!

I've seen this movie multiple times, but they've been years apart, I don't even remember which endings I've seen....or if it's just one. šŸ¤Æ

If you saw it at home, there's a pretty good chance you saw them all. The home video releases show each one, with interstitial cards that says "This is how it could've happened..." and "This is how it really happened..." or something like that.

The endings were randomized in the theatrical release.

Oct 27, 2017
honestly would have preferred just one of 'em. when it gets to the endings part of the movie, i start getting bored. i can only take so much of lengthy character explanation. "and then SO AND SO was HERE! and the lamp fell RIGHT HERE! and" yada yada yada. i know, i'm no fun.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I know it was logistically impossible, but I would have loved if EVERYONE had their own ending.

But they're all so good, even if the third ending brings everything full-circle the best.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
The version I watched on Prime shows all 3 but seems to imply ending C is the real one. I also think it's the best ending.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I like Scarlet's for the dialog.
But I love Peacock's for the zaniness of it compared to the others.

The "real" ending of Green being an FBI agent is boring by comparison. His apparently not being homosexual and using it as a cover also kind of didn't sit right with me, even if it's timely.

The best line is still:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
If you saw it at home, there's a pretty good chance you saw them all. The home video releases show each one, with interstitial cards that says "This is how it could've happened..." and "This is how it really happened..." or something like that.

The endings were randomized in the theatrical release.

After watching all 3 youtube videos I think I have seen them all. The only one I remembered was the 1st one though. I know for a fact I've seen #1 and #2, and #3 was familiar too.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm gonna to go home and sleep with my wife" is one of the best lines in the movie, so of course that ending is the best one.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched this again for the first time since I was a kid. Completely holds up-it's so funny. And the final ending is the best because logistically it seems like it would have taken multiple people.

Boy-that Yvette though. šŸ˜³
Clue1985TimCurry.png

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Such a great movie, love that the dvd release lets you randomize which ending plays