• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The movie had quite a few, but which line do you feel stands out above the rest, even if it's just by a narrow margin?

A couple of suggestions,
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." has the most practical real life value.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." is just the most fun to say over and over.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." has the most practical real life value.

Bingo!

However... I do think "Inconceivable!" is up there. Pretty much neck and neck.

Not the most quotable but I do enjoy yelling out, "Have fun storming the castle!" whenever a friend or family member is leaving.

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Felix are there rocks ahead" "if there are we'll all be dead" "stop rhyming, I mean it" "anybody want a peanut"

or

"we are men of action, lies do not become us"

or

"as you wish"

this might be the greatest movie ever made

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You ARE the brute squad!

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world; t'would be a pity to damage yours.

Basically just CTRL+A the whole thing.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I say "Inconceivable!" a damn lot

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
My grandpa used to say "As you wish" to me and my grandma alot. I miss him so much.

My siblings say "wuv. Twu wuv." Whenever somebody brings home a partner. We know they're a keeper when they start quoting lines back.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"You seem a decent fellow," Inigo said. "I hate to kill you."

"You seem a decent fellow," answered the man in black. "I hate to die."

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I've spent the last few years of my life building up an immunity to iocane powder"

It's not the most easily quotable line, but if you find the right opportunity to use it, it's guaranteed to get laughs

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
"Rest well and dream of large women"

"You rush a miracle man, You get rotten miracles"

"Life is pain. Anyone who say differently is selling something"

There's very few perfect movies, but The Princess Bride is right there top of the list.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it'd be more interesting to know if there were any lines that weren't quotable. I mean, who hasn't used...

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

...at least once?

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I know its mostly a funny movie but nothing really hits me like "I want my father back you son of a bitch"