• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best popular Christmas film (that isn’t Die Hard)

• Home Alone

Votes: 336 28.5%
  • Home Alone 2

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • It's a Wonderful Life

Votes: 183 15.5%
  • Elf

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Votes: 64 5.4%
  • A Christmas Story

Votes: 340 28.9%
  • The Muppets Christmas Carol

Votes: 123 10.5%

• Total voters

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Home Alone I always end up finding a way to watch during the holidays. I have a soft spot for Elf though.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After much deliberation I've decided to retract my previous words.

Scrooged is objectively the best Christmas movie

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Voted Christmas Story because it was my favorite by far growing up and still gives me the warm & fuzzies. But as an adult nothing tops watching Home Alone 1 & 2 stoned with some Happy Egg Nog.

Also John Williams scored the everloving shit out of the first film.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see A Christmas Story so high in that poll because i've never heard of it before. I guess it's big in America?

Home Alone or Elf are probably the most well known these days I think and of those I like Home Alone most.

How the fuck is this thread not filled with posts about the absolute best Christmas movie ever.

It's fucking Scrooged.

MV5BM2NlMDQzMDktNTMyZS00MjBjLWI0MmEtMzgzZDM2ZTVkNzE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Where y'alls heads at?
Because it's about best of the most well known, not the best overall. Scrooged is great but I feel it doesn't rank in the public conciousness the way those others do.
I agree though, Scrooged is far and away the best christmas movie and is also one of Bill Murray's finest films.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
A Christmas Story is on 24/7 throughout the month of December. Hell there was a station playing it the other night.

It's also the best.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that a Christmas Story is on the poll now. Changed my vote.

Weirdly enough, this was very popular in Germany as well when I grew up. I always knew it with the German dubbing until I came to the States!

oh man I can only imagine.

"Zerbrechlich! das muss italienisch sein!"

"In der Hitze des Gefechts hat mein Vater einen obszönen Teppich gewebt, der, soweit wir wissen, immer noch im Weltraum über dem Michigansee hängt."

I *need* this edition. Can you find it on Amazon or anywhere?

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I cant vote for the glorious trash that is Jingle All the Way, my vote goes to Home Alone since I feel like I cant watch A Christmas Story without getting bored.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Muppets not winning by a landslide is some fucking garbage. It and Grinch are the ones that should be in a dead heat for first.

dammitmattt

Oct 28, 2017
You should've really had National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in place of Home Alone 2. It's easily my number one followed by Elf, A Christmas Story, and Home Alone.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The whole parade part is sorta trash, but Jingle All The Way should have made the poll for Phil Hartman's performance alone.

Sinbad is great in it too.

Oct 25, 2017
I think A Christmas Story is one of those ones that you have to first watch as a kid, cause I watched it for the first time two or three years ago and it's a whole lot of nothing.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Home Alone 2 shouldn't even be on the list, as the movie is complete and total garbage because of a shitty orange cameo.

Feb 21, 2019
Its a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street is your real answer you bunch of youths.

But the best one is A Christmas Story.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Which Grinch is in the poll? The special? From the films I went with Home Alone.

Extending to specials, Im preferential to Charlie Brown xmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and The Grinch Who Stole Xmas. Honorable mention for Simpsons pilot, which I have a soft spot for

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's a Wonderful Life, where George Bailey steps off from the ledge only after it's shown to him that the entire town would fall apart without him. Good luck to the people feeling suicidal who are just unimportant cogs in the system.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
uh its christmas vacation, it's still watchable every year, christmas story is nostalgia fuel, i love it but cant sit through it all.

christmas vacation also hold a special place in my heart because they showed it to us in school in 5th grade, and my teacher never saw it before and nearly tackled the TV during the swimming pool scene