• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is better

• Comedy Keaton

Votes: 97 68.3%
  • Serious Keaton

Votes: 45 31.7%

• Total voters

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have a completely original idea to solve this problem. We must clone Michael Keaton.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Watch Johnny Dangerously and tell me you don't want more of that.

though all of the clips on youtube are basically everyone else

Last edited:

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Respectfully, OP, I see his comedic and dramatic talents as two sides of the same coin that is Michael Keaton.

Guy is a genuinely amazing performer.

His ability to straddle the line and comfortably inhabit both dimensions and transition with ease makes this poll a bit superfluous and subtly undermines his talent by implying one skillset is superior to the other. Same skills, different execution.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
1678E2AE7459F7E9FA492E302DEC80595A9D27E1

RedDevil82

Oct 25, 2017

" @karenyhan : truly love that michael keaton has just always looked like the dictionary definition of "chaotic energy""

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Comedy Keaton is my favorite. His delivery is just so good. Beetlejuice obviously and Multiplicity, The Other Guys too but even his bit part cameo in 30 Rock is hilarious.

"I'm getting too old for this shhhhhhh sound coming from this pipe"

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Comedy wins.

Honestly, I find serious Keaton hard to take seriously. His tough routine is particularly unconvincing.

And my wife HATES him. It's impossible to watch a film with him in it without her making sure to inform me that her opinion on his acting skills hasn't changed.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I️ can't choose. He's secretly my favorite actor.
There's some old stand ups on YouTube back when he was a comic. Some funny stuff in there

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
It's all good

pissed off keaton is my fav

giphy.gif

Last edited:

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
The scene in Beetlejuice where he starts listing his credentials in a calm, rational, normal Michael Keaton voice, and then gradually gets more and more unhinged is *chef's kiss*

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its impossible to choose for me so I'll go with both. I can go with one side but then I remember how good he is at the other so nope I'll choose both.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I dont know what or who michael keaton is. But i always give my respect to actors or actresses who can act serious in one movie and comedic in another. It shows that they are talented and can play other characters well

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
His car ride with Peter Parker, driving him to the prom with his daughter, freaked me the hell out.

Serious Keaton is scary.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
More Johnny Dangerously Keaton.

He's got a Chaotic Good energy going in most of his roles.

Speechless is one of my favs, Multiplicity, Batman, Birdman...

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I refuse to choose because he excels so completely in both, and instead select the hidden third poll options "we need more of both, every year".

I don't know if he's just highly selective with his roles or underappreciated in the industry or what, but it seems like we never get as much Keaton as we need. The man is a treasure.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Unpredictable Keaton is my favourite Keaton, which is fortunate because that appears to just be Real Keaton.