• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
i was wondering how long would take me for post in one of your threads haha nice!

Ghost of a Tale. but we can hope by the ending, but it's a one man studio so it will take it's sweet time.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Castle Crashers. I totally understand that Behemoth likes doing something new rather than sequels but it's such a missed opportunity. They really squandered the potential of that game's popularity by letting it sit and only doing remasters.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Aquaria

A beautiful adventure game with great atmosphere and music, some really interesting gameplay mechanics and a strong story - released way before the real glut of indie Metroidvanias, but still holds its own today in spite of feeling a little aged. Would love to see a sequel one day, but unfortunately I don't think it's on the cards.

This is what I came to post. The end even teased a continuation and I believe there were plans for it for a while but nothing came of it. Don't think Derek Yu is interested in continuing it and has had a lot more success with Spelunky. As much as I love Spelunky I miss the tight designed world of Aquaria.

Not to mention the other designer, Alec Holowka, who passed last year. So I just don't think it's going to happen.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly, I don't really have one. Indie games seem to be best off as one-offs and it's been a while since I found an indie game that really, REALLY hooked me anyway. (That makes me sad.)

You'd think as a Metroidvania fan something would click with me but I keep thinking 'Dark Souls did this better' whenever I boot up a Metroidvania and try to immerse myself into its world.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
These are some older ones but Lyle In Cube Sector and Within A Deep Forest I wish had sequels.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
How Castle Crashers hasn't gotten a direct sequel is nuts to me. I suppose they like making original games, so more power to them for that.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Dust an Elysian Tale I would like a sequel to.

Of course, it is possible it may still get a sequel.

Came here to post this and did not expect someone else wanting more Dust AET! Such a good game, great music and you could tell how much care was put into the overall world. The cameos with other indies was done best here as well.

Also Fidget rules.