• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which headset?

• Rift S

Votes: 91 23.3%
  • Quest(with link)

Votes: 77 19.7%
  • Index

Votes: 92 23.5%
  • HTC Vive

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Samsung Odyssey +

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • Other(please comment)

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Curious which headset is the most popular around these parts for Alyx. For me, I'm using an Odyssey +.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Had to choose "Other" since I'll be using the Rift CV1.

Maybe should've just had a general "Rift" option?

Oct 25, 2019
Just bought a Rift S. Alyx is what pushed me to buy it, but I also know there are other great games for VR that I have missed. Excited to dive in!

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm going with the Quest with Link. It's not the best experience but I just can't justify spending another ÂŁ400 on a Rift S when it does the job OK enough.

Though right now the stock issues with every single VR headset has kind of made my decision for me lol

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I bought a Rift S, but haven't even opened it yet. Gotta finish Doom first. Already have PSVR and I mainly bought this for Alyx, but I'm sure there are a few essential pc only VR games to try out too. I hear Boneworks is great.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Rift CV1, 3 sensors for that golden tracking. Sort of wish I had an Index, but I've tried the Rift S and it's really barely a step up, imo, so pretty happy with what I have.

I've been replaying Half Life 2, doubt i'll get far, but it has reinvigorated my hype for Alyx. Valve makes such atmospheric shit, gonna be insane in VR.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Index, since my husband decided to impulse buy one recently. I've never properly used VR before, so I'm a bit worried that we will both ruin VR for ourselves if this ends up being the best VR game available.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Valve Index for me.

I got it day one, because despite using VR a ton for work, I hadn't owned my own, and knew this was a great step forward with Valve games built alongside it. With all their expertise, seemed a no brainer. And indeed it has been awesome so far.

So definitely looking forward to HL:A with the Index.

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me wishes I got an certified refurbished Vive and the knuckles, but I didn't want to have light houses.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
CV1 is probably still the #1 headset right?

But I appreciate the tenacity of not listing the most popular choice.

CV1 for me.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
VIVE Pro.

Coincidentally I recently got an Index just to compare and my VIVE Pro is definitely superior. I do have a slight mod which replaced original lenses with those from Gear VR (pretty much eliminates god rays, reduces screen door and just looks clearer) but even so I found a blue hue to everything on Index compared to VIVE Pro, in addition to really distracting light spots on the edges of the picture.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Rift CV1. Much as I love the lack of wires on the Quest, I want the full graphical experience.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Rift S. Hoping my 1070 is up to the task. I told myself a while back I'll hold off until I get a 3xxx card but yeah, that's not going to happen.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Lenovo's Mixed Reality headset. On a 970.

It's gonna suck.

I'll probably wait and see what people say about performance before buying.