• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which movie has the better original soundtrack?

• The Social Network by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

Votes: 60 36.8%
  • Tron Legacy by Daft Punk

Votes: 103 63.2%

• Total voters

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

...or...

611c5AgPCZL._SL1500_.jpg

These are possibly my two favorite OSTs ... maybe ever... and they happened to come out within just a couple months of each other in late 2010. Both are written and performed entirely by famous, award-wining artists. Both suit their respective - but very different - films almost perfectly. Both are highly lauded and for me personally, I still listen to both at least a handful of times every year.

What say you, Era?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Tron Legacy is probably some of Daft Punk's worst material.

TSN wins this one.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Love both, two of my favourite OSTs of all time, but I have to give the slight edge to The Social Network.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Is it weird that I don't really remember TSN's OST at all? I remember liking the movie, and I love Reznor and Ross, but I just don't remember a thing. I should listen to it again.
Tron's soundtrack, on the other hand, was super memorable.
But this is the true answer. Death is the Road to Awe is a goddamn trip.

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Tron Legacy's OST is some of the best work ever done by one of the most important artists of the millennium. The Social Network's OST is solid and Reznor deserves the praise he gets for his work in film, but divorced from the movie it's not amazing like Tron's is.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Ist it weird that I don't really remember TSN's OST at all? I remember liking the movie, and I love Reznor and Ross, but I just don't remember a thing. I should listen to it again.
Tron's soundtrack, on the other hand, was super memorable.
Take everything you just said, reverse it, and you've got exactly how I feel. I'm a huge Daft Punk fan but the Tron OST struck me as completely forgettable and generic without any of the daring creativity found in stuff like Discovery or Homework; I remember nothing from it, whereas some of the tracks from TSN are just staggeringly beautiful.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All this thread did is make me boot up the tron OST, cause it's fucking bonkers good.

The movie was utterly average, and yet the soundtrack makes it a complete joy to watch. That's how you know it's the best

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Take everything you just said, reverse it, and you've got exactly how I feel. I'm a huge Daft Punk fan but the Tron OST struck me as completely forgettable and generic without any of the daring creativity found in stuff like Discovery or Homework; I remember nothing from it, whereas some of the tracks from TSN are just staggeringly beautiful.

It's weird how it works sometimes. I even listened to The Social Network's OST recently at work and liked it quite a bit, but I can't recall any melodies still. I'll give it another chance for sure though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Social Network for me, although I also like Tron Legacy's soundtrack a good bit.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The Tron: Legacy OST is both a fantastic score, a fantastic full album and has at least three fantastic singles.

It's attached to a worse film, no doubt, but it is the superior accompaniment.

Tron Legacy's OST is some of the best work ever done by one of the most important artists of the millennium. The Social Network's OST is solid and Reznor deserves the praise he gets for his work in film, but divorced from the movie it's not amazing like Tron's is.
This.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I mean, its two popular artists doing their first soundtrack work for a major Hollywood picture. Both have the dna of their original sound while also working as a whole new pallet to explore. I love both NIN and Daft Punk, and TRAR has had more soundtrack work to their name which has only improved with each project so I'm a bit biased towards TSN acting as a sign of whats to come. Both are pretty fantastic though.

Also, hey Disney, with you cooling down on Star Wars, how about cashing in on the popularity of cyberpunk aesthetics and making another Tron film? Just saying.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
The TRON: Legacy OST is super good, but I find myself going back to The Social Network soundtrack all the time.

Last edited: