• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most appropriate for GTA, not best song in general.

This song is Niko coming to America for Roman, only to be lied to and wanting nothing to do with him.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Flashing Lights. Green Light from John Legend and André 3000 was also a good one for TBOGT.

Oct 27, 2017
Shouts out to GTA2 and it's crazy music:

-Religious Radio that has music like "Jesus my savior" while you are running over peds
-A crazy drug fueled DJ screaming stuff in Japanese with electronic music playing
-The radio run by insane asylum escapees

The tone of the game is crazy and these radio stations fit so well.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Love is the Message by MFSB

an incredibly good tune for cruising around, and GTA:SA was the best in the series for doing that. It's also an atypical choice of music (and Bounce FM was an atypical radio station).

The song wasn't an obvious choice for a GTA game, and was emblematic of how SA had more to offer than was expected of games at the time.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Tommy Vercetti is in Vice City to flee some heat the mob had gotten in Liberty City and leaving jail. He subsequently flees from a drug deal gone bad at the start of the game.

The song/band both encapsulates the era, sonically and visually, and the song fits the game of "Grand Theft Auto" considering the core part of the game is fleeing the police. The song was used in a bunch of promo material too I think.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tommy Vercetti is in Vice City to flee some heat the mob had gotten in Liberty City and leaving jail. He subsequently flees from a drug deal gone bad at the start of the game.

The song/band both encapsulates the era, sonically and visually, and the song fits the game of "Grand Theft Auto" considering the core part of the game is fleeing the police. The song was used in a bunch of promo material too I think.

It's this one.

Jun 10, 2019
Hollywood Nights in V for Michael.

The lyrics of the song literally mention a starstruck boy from the mid-west moving out to Cali to strike it and meeting a girl along the way.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Shouts out to GTA2 and it's crazy music:

-Religious Radio that has music like "Jesus my savior" while you are running over peds
-A crazy drug fueled DJ screaming stuff in Japanese with electronic music playing
-The radio run by insane asylum escapees

The tone of the game is crazy and these radio stations fit so well.

The redneck radio station with commercials about sport hunting escaped convicts, which is also a mission. The game in general is full of those details

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to stop driving in Vice City just to listen to certain 80s songs. The soundtrack in VC was on fire.

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Great choice!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Radio Gaga actually end up in GTAV, or was it just a part of that famous reveal trailer?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

my fave

but the actual real answer is the entire game fm rotation

www.youtube.com

Grand Theft Auto III - Game FM (No Commercials)

Game Radio FMHosted by Stretch Armstrong and Lord SearUnderground Hip Hop----------------------Game Radio FM provides the radio of Liberty City in Grand Thef...

15 mins of HEAT 🤯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

THIS SONG IS GTA

also

fucking annoying ass swizz

impossible to not think of top down since you hear it a billion times

Last edited:

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
K Rose, I used to play GTA SA just to get a car and drive to the country side and listen to that radio

raeaburame

May 9, 2019
Absolutely no better feeling than riding around Los Santos while Glamorous by Fergie or ADHD by Kendrick are playing. Shout out to NonStop pop as a whole cause it's literally nothing but classics on there.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I feel like kindred spirits with whoever selects their music. There honestly isn't very many songs that I don't like on any of the games.

Here's my pick. Imagine a GTA game sizzle reel.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely no better feeling than riding around Los Santos while Glamorous by Fergie or ADHD by Kendrick are playing. Shout out to NonStop pop as a whole cause it's literally nothing but classics on there.

I have so many hours in GTA V and so many of them were spent doing exactly this.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I'm a sucker for 80's jams, so the whole Vice City soundtrack was pure bliss!

In GTA V I was just driving around waiting for "Higher Love" and "Party all the time" to hit the airwaves!

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
GTA SA is still the king for in game radio stations. From the raping stations to rnb to rock to k rose, I listed to it all and hardly skipped. Learned so many great artists and such.
San Andreas is what moulded my varied taste in music.

Many perfect fitting songs and really added so much to the atmosphere.

I really like electro choc from TBOGT, great songs that really suited the style of missions, story and characters. Even listen to it on my phone time to time haha.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I didn't realise the songs had lyrics in GTA3 until I'd been playing it for a few hours. My 12 year old mind was blown

This track is probably when it clicked

Also has one of the bars RIP

"Dress sloppy but my rap is dapper
Watch Rosewood. Go outside and slap a cracker"

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia

I first heard it (I think) when I started river race on some scooters and this started play immediately as count went down. I thought it was scripted so i returned to that race like 10 times before giving up. It was random, but it was absolutely the best. Its like 8 years but I remember that moment to this day. One of the coolest gaming memories I have.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Joyride by Da Shootaz will always be "The GTA Theme" to me, they even included it again in GTA III's soundtrack on the LIPS 106 station.