• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which gaming subscription services are you subscribed to?

• PS Plus

Votes: 379 54.8%
  • Xbox Live Gold

Votes: 283 41.0%
  • PS Now

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Xbox Game Pass

Votes: 283 41.0%
  • Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 301 43.6%
  • EA Access

Votes: 91 13.2%
  • Other (Gamefly, Origin Access, Humble Monthly, etc.)

Votes: 103 14.9%

• Total voters

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Gamepass and XBL.

I got a year of EA Access for £15 which has been great for TF and Fifa.

Both of those service mean I barely spend anything on games anymore, where as I would regularly spend £50 -100 a month on them.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
PS Plus and origin access, at least until I've played through the Command & Conquer games and a few others

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
None.
Don't play console anymore either, because for some reason they all require a subscription to play online.

kimbaka

Oct 27, 2017
None really, though I do subscribe to Humble Monthly maybe two or three months a year when the headliners are appealing enough.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Live, Gamepass, EA Access
Dropped plus when I realized I only play exclusives on PS4 and none of them are multiplayer.

Every now and then I'll resub to a MMORPG like Warcraft or Elder Scrolls.

Laur

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the none option. I used to be subscribed to PS+ for the free games but since I only play multiplayer games on PC so I let it lapse.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
XBL and Gamepass are essential to me, so glad they're putting them into one subscription later in the year.

Other two most recent are EA Access and Humble monthly.

Nintendo could be next if they up the rewards a bit (am sorely tempted by Tetris)

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
I had gold back in the 360 days when it was the de facto multiplayer system for basically everyone I know but dropped it years and years ago. I also dropped PS+ in late 2016 when I moved away from Playstation as my primary platform. Since then all I've done is dip in and out of Gamepass using Microsoft reward points to play Forza Horizon 4 when the mood takes.

Broadly speaking though I think I would rather buy my games when they reach price points I'm comfortable with. That said, for games I'm not sure about and that aren't sold on a store with a customer focused returns policy (everywhere bar Steam and Origin) I absolutely recognise the benefits of such services to the likes of me.

JED BARTLETT

Oct 27, 2017
Belfast
Ps plus, Xbox Live cause I want to play multiplayer, Nintendo online cause I got it with Twitch Prime.
Had ea Access on Xbox, but wasn't worth it for me. Have Gamepass but will probably not re subscribe cause I'm not getting any use out of it. I have access to PS now cause my daughter subscribes to that, don't use it much either.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Here's me order
  • Xbox Live [Necessity]
  • EA Access [Worth the £20 a year, if the price went up I'd drop it, EAs output seems to be getting less and less]
  • Xbox Game Pass [BEST SUB SERVICE, instant recommend to anyone]
  • Twitch Prime
  • Nintendo Online (Thanks to Twitch Prime)

Oct 28, 2017
Just PS Now. It's the only streaming service available, and unlike Gamepass it has a yearly sub option. With Gamepass I very occasionally will subscribe for a month when I really want to play something, then drop out. Because PS Now has a yearly option I'm more likely to stay constantly subbed to it.

As for the online paywall bullshit subscriptions, oh I have a very firm stance against them. Before PS Plus became an online paywall I was a massive fan of it singing its praises all the time. PS3 era PS Plus I never would have imagined myself not subbing anymore. But here we are. Fuck paid online fuck it forever.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
PS Plus, PS Now, Origin Access(will not renew), Humble Monthly, Twitch Prime(does it count?), and Xbox Game pass(Will not renew).

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You need Gold to play MP Game Pass games, so not too surprising.

Oh no doubt, just when you see an almost like for like number it does show how they have nailed the messaging with the core audience.

If they can have all of the studios firing on all cylinders for the start of next gen and through its first year it would almost be idiotic to buy an Xbox and not subscribe to Game Pass.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Only PS+, since 2012. I'd probably keep subscribing to it even if it didn't include online play, as it's not required for FTP titles like Let It Die now either.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I have a free Nintendo sub from Twitch that I definitely wouldn't pay money for if that counts?

I sub to Humble Monthly on a month to month basis, so not sure if that counts?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass for now. If they deliver on their first party efforts I'll stay on it for a while.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Nintendo Switch Online and Final Fantasy XIV.

I only sub to PS+ or XBLG when there's a game I want with such a deep discount that I still save money by paying for a month subscription.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
XB Gamepass
XB Live
PS+
Nintendo Switch Online

Really hope that both MS and Sony are fusing their services sooner than later.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no doubt, just when you see an almost like for like number it does show how they have nailed the messaging with the core audience.

If they can have all of the studios firing on all cylinders for the start of next gen and through its first year it would almost be idiotic to buy an Xbox and not subscribe to Game Pass.
Yeah you can't really fault them with the messaging.
I wonder if they can figure out a way to make having a Gold sub sell people on getting a Game Pass Sub, without it just being the usual locks MP on consoles behind it, which is looking worse and worse with PC versions not doing it. I'd imagine the crossover with Game Pass subscribers with Gold is huge, but Gold with Game Pass probably not, most obvious way would just be to slam them together for an overall cheaper price than paying separately.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
None of them.

I just don't use any of those platforms enough for it to actually be worth it. The value just isn't there for me. Gamepass sounds like it could be okay if it was actually available over here and if Microsoft does eventually put a larger number of PC games into it, but the rest don't really make sense given what they offer.

I did subscribe to one month of Humble Bundle once just to get the game they were advertising, since it was much chepaer just for that than actually buying the game by itself. But even then, out of all the extra "free" games I got, the only one I actually liked was an indie game that cost like 3€ or something, so not really much value there.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I have PS+ because it was discounted during the holidays but I never use it. Switch Online for splatoon 2 is literally the only online functionality I take advantage of.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Humble Monthly - I love that you can pause a month.
Discord Nitro - Fuck yeah emoji powers :ablobreach:

PS+ and XBL as I need for multiplayer. I guess when I get a nintendo device that needs it I'll be on that too when I play.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you can't really fault them with the messaging.
I wonder if they can figure out a way to make having a Gold sub sell people on getting a Game Pass Sub, without it just being the usual locks MP on consoles behind it, which is looking worse and worse with PC versions not doing it. I'd imagine the crossover with Game Pass subscribers with Gold is huge, but Gold with Game Pass probably not, most obvious way would just be to slam them together for an overall cheaper price than paying separately.

True and once Game Pass launches on PC that's going to raise more question of them, I also think they will include xCloud with your Gold SUV, there messaging has to be a lot better than the start of this gen, lol.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Technically NSO & Twitch Prime both because my aunt bought us a year of Amazon Prime. Wouldn't pay for it myself.

None if you count subs I wanted and/or paid for.