• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 4; I've been so close to buying a PS3 just to play it multiple times, but I can't justify it. I know PS Now is am option, or at least was, but streaming the game isn't good enough for me.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ooh, there's a bunch. Muramasa Rebirth, the original Burnour trilogy (yes, including the original), basically anything Atlus released on the PS2.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Snatcher
Flower, Sun and Rain
God Hand
Haunting Grounds - Kuon - Rule of Rose - Echo Night series - Fatal Frame Series - D2
Raw Danger
Ico - Shadow of the Colossus

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
I'll gladly take ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D for the Switch. Get those off the 3DS, please.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
Persona 2 series please. Who knows, now that Nocturne is being re-released this might actually be a vague possibility. I certainly won't hold my breath though.

I'd also like to see Final Fantasy XIII. I know I can play it on PC, but I hear it's not a very good port.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Literally a slew of arcade games I wish came out to home console and or PC's. I would love for them to rerelease the Simpson's Arcade game, The Rumble Fish 2 only had an arcade release despite the first game having a home release on the PS2. The Arcade Battle Toad's game would be cool (The arcade 1up version doesn't count cause it's till on an Arcade machine that few people will be able to get their hands on sadly cause they sell out so fast typically), Would love a rerelease of Pigskin 621 A.D. on modern consoles and the list goes on...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The #1 reason I want a GCN Virtual Console is to play Lost Kingdoms 1 + 2 again without having to set up my Wii. I guess Eternal Darkness too.

And while I could just play it on my 3DS, if anyone can figure out how to get Henry Hatsworth to work without dual screens...

What are your favorite games stuck on older platforms?

On the PSP, Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man Powered Up are two of my favorite Mega Man games. Jeanne D'Arc is a fantastic SRPG stuck there, as is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Persona 4 Golden and War of the Lions have made their way to other platforms, but I'd still love them on a home console.

God yes, I always wanted to play those Mega Man games but could never quite justify a PSP, even with them + BBS.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
I fear for most of these games we're going to be relying on emulation. I wouldn't be shocked if something like Metal Gear Solid 4 was eventually rescued, but there just isn't enough upside in most of these games getting ported.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Even games that had PC ports would be eligible.
Some games don't run without a lot of work on Windows 10.

Max Payne 1 for example.

I'm going through my backlog of PC games of the PS2/PS3 gen. Holy crap. It often sucks.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
The Sly games. As Ratchet continues to thrive and Crash has found a resurgence, Sly is stuck on PS Now. I don't need a new game. I just want a collection I can purchase.

Oct 25, 2017

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

There's a good reason it's long been one of the N64's biggest cult classics. Not just enjoyable on its own merits, it was very interesting to see a successful hybrid of Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time released between those two games. What really stood out was that Konami seemed self aware that the game might not age the best, and made much of the game rather easy to balance out issues with the control and camera. Not my favorite Goemon, but easily the most ambitious. I'm presuming the unlocked framerate it used on the N64 would make it easier to maintain a constant 60/120FPS on a new console. With it's fun ancient Japanese atmosphere and action-oriented Zelda gameplay, it's also a little like playing Okami, but asking for much less of your time. Classic soundtrack as well.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal gear solid 4
Tokyo jungle
Marvel vs Capcom origins
Street fighter 3 third strike hd from xbox and ps3
Viewtiful Joe
Lunar silver star story and eternal blue
Star ocean second evolution from the psp
Panzer dragoon saga
Persona 1,2,3

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Phantasy star portable 2 infinity and Phantasy Star nova.
Localize and port them to modern systems Sega.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
everything get remakes these days, where's my Alex Kidd in Miracle World remake with the same treatment that Monster World got? Or that Phantasy Star (1) version from the PS2 on modern consoles?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Sega Rally Championship.

Seriously, I could (and do!) play this constantly. It's annoying that it's stuck on Saturn (or a PC version that, by all accounts, you can mod pretty well) though.

I emulate my JP copy on my Series X so I can actually play it on a modern system but I'd kill for Sega to give it some love and re-release it, cleaned up. I assume the licenses make it hard.

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal_Darkness_box_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Nintendo should port that to Switch. I can do just fine without Super Mario 98 and Zelda 45 or whatever sequel they're making, but I'd love a port of ED.

I'd also want a Rule of Rose port to PS4/PS5. Who owns that IP, is it Sony?

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Skies of Arcadia Legends, which is trapped on the Gamecube. Just a straight digital release would be enough, please Sega.

The Clock Tower games also are all trapped (or at least, I don't remember them being rereleased) and it sucks because anyone wanting to buy a copy now is going to pay a LOT of money for it.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Mechassault 2 (Xbox), c'mon MS give it to me.

I'm just correcting an incorrect statement in the OP that the PS3 kept Mass Effect captive when it hasn't and it could be played on modern platforms for years before the Remaster is released.

Dead Space trilogy is also not captive to an outdated platform and can be played on PC and Xbox One S|X and Series X|S through BC.

What are with these bad examples? LOL
Playstation only users? No back compatibility for PS3 games.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest 7 and 8, and Zelda OoT and MM on the 3DS. These are my most wanted Switch ports, and probably some of the few that wont actually happen.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Uh, all you need is a Switch and a PC and you can play all four of the original games. None of them are trapped on old hard to find hardware.

Phantasy Star 1 is on Switch, and the other three are literally on Steam for $1 each.

qsdYGa0.png

EDIT: Oh I see you meant Remakes now. Well, remakes of the first two exist but yeah they're PS2-trapped and not localized.

i definitely was referring to the PS2 Sega Ages port. Which I don't really care for anyways. Either of them.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to be able to play the original Silent Hill without emulation. Between the HD Collection, and the PC ports of The Room and Homecoming, and picking up Downpour on eBay, I've got everything now except for 1.

If I ever want to play it, I'll need to buy a PS1, PS2, or emulate it. I don't have a PS5, but it may not even be available on that.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
So many games that I would love a remaster or just a ports, this is my list:

PS1
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II
Resident Evil: Survivor
Silent Hill 1 and 2
Vagrant Story
Xenogears

PS2
Drakengard 1 and 2
God Hand
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Resident Evil: Outbreak and Outbreak File 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
The Simpsons: Hit and Run

WII
Pandora's Tower
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Last Story

XBOX 360
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Kameo: Elements of Power

PS3
Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 1 and 2
Drakengard 3
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy
Folklore
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
Playstation All-Stars Battle-Royale
Puppeteer
Shadows of the Damned
Tokyo Jungle
Twisted Metal

PSP
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia O12 Final Fantasy

PS VITA
Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
The Metal Gear Solid Series.

Burnout 3

We <3 Katamari

Gitaroo-Man

Hydro Thunder

Monkey Island series

Tony Hawk series 3+4+U+U2

Max Payne 1+2

Star Wars Battlefront 1+2

KOTOR 1+2

Mirror's Edge

Alan Wake

Alice: Madness Returns

Beautiful Katamari

Burnout Revenge

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Portal 1+2

Epic Mickey

Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD

Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask 3D

The Last Story

The Punisher

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Oh man, I could go on and on.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Uh, all you need is a Switch and a PC and you can play all four of the original games. None of them are trapped on old hard to find hardware.

Phantasy Star 1 is on Switch, and the other three are literally on Steam for $1 each.

qsdYGa0.png

EDIT: Oh I see you meant Remakes now. Well, remakes of the first two exist but yeah they're PS2-trapped and not localized.

Yeah i always had a fascination with the ps2 remakes. only seen screens from them and it looked good. i want to play it dammit! but since then my original copy on my trusty sms will do