• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
The Blinded King trope is essentially a trope where through a King's actions be it through malice, incompetence or even will meaning, lead to events that often doom him and his kingdom leading to something of a crap sack setting for the story to progress.

For me the Zelda series always seem to have kings fucking things up and leading to doom. Let's take Zelda's jerkass brother in the first Zelda game, or in Breath of the wild it's 2 blinded kings in the story. The first example is the king being paranoid banned the Shekiah from the kingdom and seal the magitech.

Leading to the Yiga clan being butthurt banana munching buttmoneys turning on the kingdom and actually making the tech turn against him in a self fulfilling prophecy. Then you have King Roam who pushed his daughter to awaken her witch power (Yvraine is that you?) which made her only awakening it when the world went to shit and was dying until she awakened it from her love for Guilma... I mean Link.

What game you lot see the blinded king trope in action best?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Fuck you king allant(and Lord Gwyn....and Old iron king....and Oceiros)

I think From Soft have a problem. Also King allant is the best done there followed by Gwyn

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UDXPh.jpg

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A particular horror game comes to mind. Pretty famous.

Silent Hill 2
is excellent

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Seems like almost every Layton villain to me, but I'm not sure if I could say who did it best...