• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
50cf632d3b814c6845f7fcd41d8839f9.jpg

I think the reapers were some of the coolest and scariest antagonists you could find in gaming, due to their sheer technological advantages and overwhelming numbers. So which game universe, do you think could handle or repel the reaper invasion better than Mass Effect Universe?

My choice would the be the Earth Defense Force Universe
58325E4F2128F3F7ABE7FE6A400BE43025F3FCA7

Insanely OP guns, mechs of all shapes, utility and sizes, and are so used to being invaded by alien species and reverse engineering their tech.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Mario + Rabbids

Is it too easy to say Halo? I mean.. how many advanced space-faring universes with sufficient firepower to take down ONE repear, let alone an army lol. I think the point is that most universes (galaxies) would just get rolled hard. Like, I don't think Star Trek universe has a chance. MAYBE the Star Wars Forcies, but I have my doubts.

Last edited:

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
40K would eat that shit for breakfast.

An extragalactic invasion is just another Tuesday for them. They probably wouldn't even call in the space marines.

My vote goes to Destiny. Guardians being effectively immortal and able to keep fighting, even if temporarily defeated, would be able to push back against Reapers.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the key characters in a DBZ related game could blow them all up real fast.

Warhammer 40k is much crazier on a regular basis, as already mentioned.

I'm also pretty sure that a lot of sci-fi JRPGs have weapons or technology that can wipe out the Reapers.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Kirby is well known at this point for being a cosmic horror in a cute pink puff ball form with a child like demeanor, so Kirby since inevitably the Reapers would mess with his food. Doomguy single handedly took care of multiple invasions from and to hell. Anyone from the Mario universe since their level of power rises as the plot demands it (From plumber in the Mushroom Kingdom to Space Captain in Space to helping a Cosmic Goddess reincarnate the universe). Really any Shonen based protagonist since inevitably they get to the point where they are able to destory half a planet, or in DBZ case, entire planets in one go. Devil May Cry since it wouldn't just be protagonists who regularly take on planet conquering demons but also the planet conquering demons vs. the reapers. Bayonetta alone would dismantle the invasion.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Injustice with all the Kryptonians and Lanterns flying around. Technically, even the lower tier characters like Batman could do damage since they're enhanced by a pill that makes them as strong as Superman

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I thought this topic was about World Ends with You haha

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Good to see Kirby mentioned so quickly.

The Xenoblade universe should be able to handle it as well.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
Freespace.

Specifically, the Blue Planet/War in Heaven mod-verse, though the canon-verse may count as well. The Reapers may *think* they're eldritch abominations, but they aren't a trans-dimensional immune system designed across multiple worldlines with the express purpose of molding to and extinguishing emergent threats.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Valkyrie Profile's? I guess most magical ones count, but I've been thinking a lot about Radiata Stories, so my pick is the older sibling.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
For the protagonists of the Super Robot Wars series, fighting the Reapers would be an ordinary Tuesday. They're indistinguishable from the kind of threats you fight all the time in that series, and are far weaker than the worst ones.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
For the protagonists of the Super Robot Wars series, fighting the Reapers would be an ordinary Tuesday. They're indistinguishable from the kind of threats you fight all the time in that series, and are far weaker than the worst ones.

this, im pretty sure some of the more broken srw units can solo the reapers.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
bayonetta-and-Jeanne-jeanne-bayonetta-21112434-246-246.jpg

In a universe where you can
punch god into the sun
it's hard to know what, if any, limit exists for the threats that can be faced

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Freespace.

Specifically, the Blue Planet/War in Heaven mod-verse, though the canon-verse may count as well. The Reapers may *think* they're eldritch abominations, but they aren't a trans-dimensional immune system designed across multiple worldlines with the express purpose of molding to and extinguishing emergent threats.

Ok what on earth is this mod your are referring to? That sounds cool.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Any universe that allows for at least three responses to dialogue it seems.

Because nothing else matters.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The Halo universe could I'd say.

A Cortana-Guardian fleet would probably wipe them. The UNSC/Covenant might have a little harder but would win.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne.

magic space squids vs. mecha space squids

Yeah. I was going to actually say most any of the Souls games' universes could. Plus, any number of the Marvel video game based universes could likely as well. So many gods or god like beings in either of those picks. Not just immensely powerful beings that could harvest or destroy worlds, but well beyond that. The Reapers, for all their power still have to follow certain rules that any life form does. They don't really have reality manipulating abilities as far as I know.

SmartBase

Self-requested ban
Dec 17, 2017
Either of the two superpowers from Elite Dangerous could do it. Or the player base even, since they've already beaten one boring cosmic horror and want more.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
The answer will always be Warhammer 40K.

The Imperium of Man alone would shit on them from a great height lol.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Any universe with directed energy weapons beats the reapers. Nobody has DEW in mass effect. Remember that Kinetic Barriers use artificial gravity to slap prjectiles away. They would be useless against energy weapons. Mass effect is trying to be as hard science as possible and still be a star wars style space opera.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Samus with her chozo gear can destroy reapers. Never forget how the anhilator beam from MP2 with a missile is so powerful that IT RIPS THE SPACE-TIME.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Mass Effect did a great job making them about as not scary as possible. One of the prime reasons I disliked Mass Effect 3.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think an important factor for any universe is that they also need good surface-to-air weaponry, if the Reapers can just float above a planet and blast it then they're doomed

Sonic could take 'em down in a universe with rings and the Chaos Emeralds to power up the Super Sonic form. At that point he's basically Goku.

And Revengeance Raiden could probably do something ludicrous and like grab one by the arm and throw it into another one while Rules of Nature blares

Cloud Strife with all of FFVII's Bahamuts. The Weapons would probably crop up in defense, too.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Asura's Wrath is almost cheating. People sleep on this game but Asura is basically the most powerful video game character ever conceived and would have solo'd the entire Reaper armada before they could so much as ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL :P

For those who haven't witnessed this scene, this is Asura accidentally wiping out a fleet in orbit just by getting really angry.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reapers would nope the fuck back out of the galaxy and go to sleep for another cycle if they entered the 40k galaxy

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
Ok what on earth is this mod your are referring to? That sounds cool.

Blue Planet is a series of fan campaigns. The gist of the plot is that 18 years after the events of FS2, the GTVA re-establishes contact with Sol and things go very south very quickly. The GTVA launches an invasion of Sol so they can wipe out a political philosophy they deem incompatible with their anti-Shivan efforts, and all the while the clock is ticking down because oh hey, that's right: the Shivans are drawn to conflict and humanity might have just missed their last chance at salvation.

The series plays up the Shivans' lovecraftian motifs. They are unknowable and undefinable. They are beyond you, and you can only hope to survive underfoot.

There's some really amazing and unorthodox mission design and storytelling, especially in War in Heaven, so I highly recommend it. Sadly, the series has been in development hell since 2013 and we're still waiting/hoping/praying they'll at least manage to wrap up WiH someday.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Dead Space.

Necromorphs would find a way to infect and consume the Reaper army.

Giant moon monster wrestling a giant robot squid. Hell yeah