• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
There are a handful of music tracks from games that make me think of ridiculous videos and lyrics.

The first time I ever heard the chocobo song was this flash video way back when.

Whenever snoop dogg tracks play, especially this one, I can only think of Kirby. I hope some day he covers this track for good.

Am I the the only person ruined this way? Which tracks remind you of which videos?

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
They're only ruined when you look up the track in question on YouTube and you see the comments section flooded with references to whatever juvenile meme it was used in, and it makes you feel like the majority of those people are only interested in the music because of its association with whatever internet personality they obsess over rather than appreciating it on its own merits.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

(Skip to 30 seconds in)

Playing Konami's Mikie on C64 so much I heard this track all the time. Years later my mum was upset at me when I first heard this track and said 'hey it's the song from Mikie'.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

It doesn't ruin Mega-Man's Crash-Man theme, but I can't help but think of it.