• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game are you looking forward to the most next year?

• Final Fantasy VII ReMake

Votes: 205 17.3%
  • The Last of Us 2

Votes: 270 22.7%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • Cyber Punk 2077

Votes: 305 25.7%
  • Half-Life: Alyx

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 75 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 227 19.1%

• Total voters

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Of the ones that have so far been announced, probably Deathloop.

Never heard of this game before, but now I looked it up and I'm certainly interested.

But, anyway, The Last of Us Part II for me, by a mile.

Cyberpunk and it's not even close.

I know this will sound shallow, but they lost me when they said there won't be any 3rd person cutscenes in the game. Still going to check it out, though.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Since it's been on radio silence for a while i'd say fight knight since i doubt a 2019 release is likely.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Elden Ring, just to see what From do with the open world genre. Hopefully we will get gameplay at The Game Awards next month.

I'm also really looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima. I've been waiting on a big-budget open world game like this set in Japan for a maddeningly long time.

TechMetalRules

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I'm certainly excited for FFVII, TLoU2, DOOM, and Cyberpunk, but I voted "other" because Animal Crossing wasn't listed. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Elden Ring, Bayonetta 3, or Ghost of Tsushima releasing next year, any of which could get my vote.

Demon Souls Remake by Bluepoint

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
definitely Baldur's Gate 3,no idea if it's actually coming out in 2020 but really excited to see what Larian comes up with working with that IP and with a increased studio size

the only thing i'm more hyped for right now is Path of Exile 2 but that's a December release best case and will be delayed if need be so i'm just gonna flat out assume that won't be out till 2021

out of the games on this list im excited for Half-Life:Alyx and don't care about any of the others at all

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Next year is shaping up pretty nicely, and then there are new consoles on top of that too.

FF7 remake for me, partially due to nostalgia reasons, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how they re-imagine everything, and what they have shown so far looks aces.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7. Having already played the demo I'm super hyped. Plus its releasing in January (well, in Japan) so I look forward to importing very soon!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
TLOU2 > Half-Life: Alyx >>>>>>>>>> Cyber Punk 2077 >>>>>>>>> Halo Infinite > FF7 >>>>>>>>>>>> Doom Eternal

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard decision. Out of those it's between FFVII and Cyberpunk. I went for FFVII but it flips on a daily basis.

Plus if we get Elden Ring and BotW2 next year GOTY 2020 will be a bloodbath.

Oh and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2!

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For me Cyberpunk 2077 is at least 2000% ahead of anything else coming next year.

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
Final Fantasy VII Remake and Tales of Arise

...and of course Breath of the Wild 2 if it does end up being 2020 (please)

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Outside of the unannounced stuff, Halo and Elden Ring are at the top. Interested to see how big MS go with Halo on Scarlett and also how different/the same ER is.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Nothing on this list. The game I'm most looking forward to is the new version of Forza Motorsport that'll likely launch alongside Scarlett.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the list... it's weird that i'm more hyped for Elden Ring (a game we have seen nothing from it yet) than anything there lol. I guess Miyazaki name alone is doing the work. Hollow Knight: Silksong is second most anticipated game for me.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
I voted Cyberpunk, but only because I had forgotten Elden Ring, if that is at all coming in 2020.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Picking just one is tough. I want all 6 of the games listed in the poll. But I had to pick Cyberpunk by the end. TLOU2 is right behind it, as is Infinite, but I'm a big RPG fan and I'm expecting Cyberpunk to be breathtaking.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing most of all. I loved New Leaf but seeing the changes New Horizons is making made me realize how limited it was, and the new one looks so good... I can't wait

Second place to Xenoblade Chronicles DE, it's a mostly known quantity but still one of the best games out there, hard not to be excited.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite, LoU2 mostly. Played Doom Eternal at X019, didn't find it fun, the rest are perhaps purchases somewhere down the road.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmm...

Eternal, TLOU2, Infinite at this point.

Is Elden Ring confirmed for 2020? Because if that's just rumored, I'm saying Baldur's Gate 3 but will very happily wait for them to get it perfect otherwise.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Many, many games.

If I had to choose one? Ghost of Tsushima.

Secretly the game that I am most excited for next year is GTR3 from SimBin but we don't have an official date yet so for now it is just a wish.

Also super excited for the new Assassin's Creed.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Hollow Knight: Silksong absolutely tops it for me. So excited for it. If it makes it out in 2020

Animal Crossing is second; playing those games alongside my wife has always been wonderful.

Of the games listed in the poll? Probably Cyberpunk. I'll likely wait to play it on Scarlet/PS5 though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Even though I feel like I should be more excited for Cyberpunk and The Last of Us, I'm honestly more excited for Deadly Premonition 2. Swery has proved that the first game wasn't a happy accident with D4 and the Missing and returning to that weird world with the same style of game makes me smile just thinking about it. It's gonna be gooooooood.