• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which forum sits at the front of your Tabs?

• Gaming

• Etcetera

• Watched Threads

• Latest Threads

Results are only viewable after voting.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Title + reasoning.

I find that since 2016 Etc/Off-Topic made the split 60/40 in its favor from 60/40 in favor of gaming. What about you?

This is probably very biased since Etc likely has less crossover to gaming than vice versa(would be interesting to see these stats, get on it admins), but wasnt sure if this would be appropriate for gaming.

Anyway, banish to The Vault if pointless.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I spend more time on Etc just to avoid game spoilers. I'll check the first couple of pages on gaming side to see if any deals are up or if I actually pick up a game near release to hang out in the OT for it but that's rare these days.

OP
OP
DoubleTake

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I spend more time on Etc just to avoid game spoilers. I'll check the first couple of pages on gaming side to see if any deals are up or if I actually pick up a game near release to hang out in the OT for it but that's rare these days.
I cant tell if its because the gen is winding down and less stuff I REALLY want to play is coming out, but I've slowed down big time on new releases which in turn does mean even less reason to be in gaming.

best of both worlds. its easier to sift thru the days threads this way
www.resetera.com

Latest threads

...has that always been in the drop down menu? Either way I couldnt do this. My mind needs to have shit categorized somewhat cleanly. That page gives me a bit of anxiety tbh lmao

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I spend more time on etc, but gaming news has been slow for me. Things will pick up once the next gen Nvidia cards are released. :)

OP
OP
DoubleTake

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised at the poll. Huh

right now etc.

gaming is currently all rumors and conjecture

I spend more time on etc, but gaming news has been slow for me. Things will pick up once the next gen Nvidia cards are released. :)

Yeah the stalemate going on with the console manufacturers is starting to get a little old lol. I just wanna know price so I can pre-order and get it over with!

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a tab for each. Just one for the site and I move back and forth as I'm in the mood.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
No option for "watched threads"? That's the first page I check on Era. Much more interested in the OTs and communities I follow rather than whatever hot takes or super specific threads are all over gaming and etcetera tabs.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
It's plops me in the middle and I decide based on mood. Pessimistic progressives or game rumors and money hats. What to choose?

OP
OP
DoubleTake

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a tab for each. Just one for the site and I move back and forth as I'm in the mood.

I'm supposed to have multiple tabs open? I just switch between them in a single tab

This is making me question my tabs etiquette. I that person that has 10 different tabs open at once.

No option for "watched threads"? That's the first page I check on Era. Much more interested in the OTs and communities I follow rather than whatever hot takes or super specific threads are all over gaming and etcetera tabs.

I think I'll add this and latest.

It's plops me in the middle and I decide based on mood. Pessimistic progressives or game rumors and money hats. What to choose?
Pessimistic Progressives makes me feel some type of way...but its true lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Etc about 80% of the time I'm here, kinda rarely go to gaming, but mostly because we're in a lull for actual new games. I go to a handfull of gaming OT for RDR2 and some other games every day. I find a lot of the gaming news tends to be pretty old, or just filled with boring divisive arguments.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
My resetera bookmark goes directly to gaming era because thats where I usually go, gaming stuff is just a good distraction and I find it enjoyable to share my opinion because no matter how controversial you get nothing really goes down so its fun

sven

Oct 31, 2017
That really isn't how I use tabs. I use the first tab for general browsing and I open up other tabs as needed.

I spend 99% of my time on this side of the divide though.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You know, the one that "leads" the rest of the tabs that follow it. Your home base.
Either thats a function of different browsers or I just don't use my tabs the same way. I constantly reuse tabs and go back and forth between gaming/etc/latest based on what is most likely to have new activity since the last time I was there

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have 4 Era tabs open at all times. It goes Etcetera, Overwatch League OT, Overwatch OT, Manga OT.

Though I have a my Youtube subscription tab, and non-era forum tab in front of those.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming / Watched / Etc. for me. I use the same order on both PC and mobile. Always have these open, especially since I just restore my session every time.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
You know, the one that "leads" the rest of the tabs that follow it. Your home base.

Still at a loss here.

LIke the left most tab? I don't have an actual home page when I open firefox, it just shows the websites I visit most. Which one i open first entirely depends on my mood. Somtimes it's Youtube, sometimes it's here, sometimes its netflix etc. I don't have an specific order to them.

So is it a specific order that's being spoken of? Like you/others always open a certain web page first, so it's always the left most tab etc?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I have Watched Threads as my bookmark for Era. That's my home base, and it lives in my browser's shortcut bar.

I open all the watched threads that have new posts in separate tabs, then I read them one after another, and close them when I'm up to date.

After that, I may look at Etcetera, and occasionally I'll look at Gaming.