• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who discovered the series with Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS and having played all entries released since them, I am curious to know which Fire Emblem game(s) would you guys like to see remade next.

I would love to play older titles from the series, but since they are quite expensive, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, unless they remake some of them.

Other than that, are there any quality of life improvements from the more recent titles that you would like to see with remakes?

Just curious to read your thoughts on the subject since I'm quite interested to know more about the Fire Emblem franchise. :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They'll never do it, but a remake of FE4 with sprites and not poorly-animated 3D models would blow my damn mind.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 as a two-in-one remake in the Three Houses engine is the dream.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Three Houses is like a Genealogy dress rehearsal and it should be next in line for a remake.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
FE4 or FE6 need it the most.

FE5 is my most wanted remake because it actually needs it the most, but it needs 4 to come out first. If they did 4/5 as a single game I'd be mindblown, but considering that Three Houses is a three hundred million hour long game if you do everything, I guess it's possible.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I would totally be down to see the greatest oldEmblem game, Sacred Stones, remade.

Lance Lord > Sword Lord

Ephraim forever!!!!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd a love to see a two in one remake of the Tellius games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn).

As far as modern updates go (outside fo the obvious like a casual mode for players that dislike permadeath), I'd like to see the hardest difficulty of PoR completely redone. In fact the hardest difficulty of PoR was so bad that they cut it out of the localized version.

Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 as a two-in-one remake in the Three Houses engine is the dream.
I really want this too.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
it's gotta be genealogy
three houses feels like it was designed with a genealogy remake in mind

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've played all the FE games, and honestly I'm tired of remakes. I think we should get at least two more original titles before we get any more remakes.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn collection. My favourite in the series even today (though 3H is a strong contender so far). They're so hard to play legally too because of how expensive physical copies are. Glad I held on to both but it's too bad for people who have never played them.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to play FE4 so I hope that one gets picked. If they somehow manage to do 4 and 5 together it'd be incredible but that seems like a way too big task.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn collection. My favourite in the series even today (though 3H is a strong contender so far). They're so hard to play legally too because of how expensive physical copies are. Glad I held on to both but it's too bad for people who have never played them.
They seem relatively easy to remaster too. Just do the same thing they did to Twilight Princess and add some of modern FE modes and QoL and theyre done.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'd like to play Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn since they are so highly regarded.

Are there any other Fire Emblem games that are direct sequels to one another?

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Another idea that is more realistic for Nintendo:
Remake Genealogy and have Thracia 776 be the main selling point of its Expansion Pass.
It's a good middle ground that gets them the most amount of money without sacrificing goodwill.
It also echoes how Thracia was initially distributed via Nintendo Power in Japan.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'd like to play Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn since they are so highly regarded.

Fire Emblem 7, called Blazing Blade and the first one to release in the West, is a prequel to Fire Emblem 6, called Binding Blade. Other than that, I don't know of any direct sequel/prequel, although my knowledge doesn't really extend to the Japan-exclusive entries, so maybe I just missed one.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Geneaology and Thracia are among the oldest games in the series that haven't seen a release outside of japan or a remake in some way, shape or form. So those would be the most likely candidates.

They would also be the titles to make the most out of the child mechanic of awakening and fates, since narratively, it makes the most sense.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
A Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn re-release would be a nice step one.

As for a full remaster, I would personally love to see Binding Blade, followed by Genealogy.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Thracia 776 (5) is set during the events of Genealogy of the Holy War (4)

Binding Blade (6) and Blazing Blade (7) are also directly connected, with Blazing Blade being a prequel to Binding Blade.

3 is a sequel to 1, but both of those games have already been remade. Twice in the case of 1, as the original version of 3 included a remake of 1.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
A 4/5 package and Radiance package would be great. Genealogy seems like the natural next step, and I would love to be able to play the Radiance games since I never had the opportunity.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I personally want a two-in-one remake of FE6 and FE7, with FE7 being first since it was a prequel. This way, they can better fit Lyn into the story, and we finally get Roy's game outside Japan.

However, Genealogy of the Holy War should come next since it's next in line by release date, and I am also very curious about the game as it looks really interesting.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
The only correct answer is FE4/5 in one complete package

Yep, this is the ultimate answer. I know people really like Tellius games (myself included) but the fact that we haven't ever received 4/5 in the west means they should be a top priority.

Quite frankly, as much as I love PoR/RD, I can't help but feel like they'd be underwhelming to a lot of people if they were re-released now, even with QoL updates.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
They've redone 1-3 already, so just keep it going in order of release. Genealogy of the Holy War should be up next, & considering FE5 (Thracia 776) takes place in the middle of FE4 in the same universe they could theoretically be combined into one package for a remaster as just Fire Emblem: The Jugdral Saga. I think that would make the most sense, as neither of these games ever released in the west, but were pretty popular in Japan. I'd like them to do Elibe the same way if possible, although it would go FE7->FE6, since FE7 is a prequel. Then give me the radiant duology. Sorry Sacred Stones, but I don't really need a remake of you...

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Do it in order and bundle genealogy/thracia776

you shut your mouth

make a gba trilogy release and put sacred stones as a bonus game for binding/blazing blades

I know... I actually like Sacred Stones, but seeing as it's the only standalone game that would be in line for a remaster, I'd rather get the connected stories remade first...

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Echoes:Genealogy of the Holy War has to be the next one. I'll be very upset if we don't get Geneology.

I'm dying to see it updated because Echoes was fantastic minus a few missteps in the characters in the latter arcs and sort of rebranding of Alm.

Three Houses is kind of like Geneology except in Geneology the time skip actually means something, so to imagine Three Houses level but even better is mind blowing to think about. It would also be the best incarnation of the child system.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I know... I actually like Sacred Stones, but seeing as it's the only standalone game that would be in line for a remaster, I'd rather get the connected stories remade first...

split eirika's/ephraim routes and expand them for "separate" games, add the much needed challenge for SS and make some changes here and there for the different "versions" after the gang gets back together and sell it as the "Sacred Stones Duology". I dont give a hoot, i want a SS remaster, game is good. If Binding Blade can get one (don't kid yourself, binding blade is infuriating) then my boi SS gets its cake too or we'll riot.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
FE4 seems logical. I'd rather them do the older, obscure games than the new(ish) ones first for remakes.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
From a preservation and sating the fan base perspective I would say Genealogy but if your looking to grow the brand more I can see the arguement for Binding Blade and getting our boy Roy in the spotlight.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
One tricky thing about a FE4/5 package is that the games have such different visual scales that, brought into modern, more realistic 3D, you need separate things from the engine and effectively two different art teams. Still, not an insurmountable obstacle to a project that otherwise makes a lot of sense. FE5 in particular has some pretty experimental mechanics that could benefit from refinement.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
That mysterious red-headed boy who appeared in smash so long ago but never saw light of day in the West seems like the obvious next choice. Almost comical in a way. Smash is suppose to be a popularity contest of characters but no one could buy his game.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I want my 6/7 duology with tweaks to both so they fit together better and don't feel as retconned, but yeah, Genealogy is next because of the features TH shares with it.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From a preservation and sating the fan base perspective I would say Genealogy but if your looking to grow the brand more I can see the arguement for Binding Blade and getting our boy Roy in the spotlight.
In terms of fan wants, FE4 has children units in the only way that actually makes sense and isn't dumb. So that shit would make a fuckton of money if only for the people who like that whole shipping aspect of it.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
4/5 bundle seems like it would do the most in terms of getting something previously unreleased out in the West, and are the earliest that still don't have their remakes. The Ike games could really just be rereleased as is. 6/7 could make another good bundle, but I love the GBA release of 7 so much I kind of don't want it touched.

wilmbreak

Oct 25, 2017
My vote is for a FE 6 and 7 collection.
Add a mode where you could play 7 first and character outcomes would affect 6.
As an example, Rebecca dies in 7 therefore no Wolt in 6.