• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
7remake is still so fresh on my mind, it's hard to decide. But, if my memory serves me correctly, I think 10 is best cast. Not necessarily best game, but I remember liking the core cast a lot.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I love the cast in 6 way to much not to vote for them.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
VI >>> IX >>>> VII >>> IV

I think VIII's are kind of bland. X support party members are bland too, but Yuna is cool.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
VI, VIII and XV.

FFVIIR is a strong contender but we'll have to see the rest of the party's dynamic in the sequel.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
1st place:
Final-Fantasy-7-Characters-As-2D-Sprites.png

2nd place:
BHbOGo5.png

3rd place:
9cdbbf35a1159a4598c9ba1a4707b50c.jpg

Art from: https://www.deviantart.com/abysswolf

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
As of now, Shadowbringers (and XIV, overall) has my favourite cast.

dzm1l54vxb531.png

Last edited:

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
VI, VII and IX, with VI and IX tied for first place. IV's is no slouch either.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
XIV, but it's admittedly an unfair comparison. These are characters that have had years to develop across multiple lengthy expansions. The comparison is perhaps more akin to seeing character development across seasons of a TV show rather than comparing it against a single game.

But that being said, when I see the Scions in XIV with each new patch and expansion, it does almost feel like I'm checking in with family at this point, which is something I can't say I've ever really felt in any other game. It's definitely a game that takes full advantage of the continuously updating nature of MMO's, and leverages that narratively to flesh out the characters and stories of that world.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
As of now, Shadowbringers has my favourite cast.

dzm1l54vxb531.png

Nice-looking cast, but visually they really lack variety and are uber stock. Straight cool guy, dark broody armored manly guy, eccentric guy, young boy mage, pretty main girl in white, cute elf girl with short hair and mage girl in black. All of them are of course generally pretty.

I really like the elf girl's design, though, although the giant stockings + bare thighs + zettai ryouki is a bit hornier than it maybe needs to be.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Nice-looking cast, but visually they really lack variety and are uber stock. Straight cool guy, dark broody armored manly guy, eccentric guy, young boy mage, pretty main girl in white, cute elf girl with short hair and mage girl in black. All of them are of course generally pretty.

I really like the elf girl's design, though, although the giant stockings + bare thighs + zettai ryouki is a bit hornier than it maybe needs to be.
I'm not really basing this on their physical designs, but their actual characterizations, personalities, and development/growth they have. As someone else in this thread said, XIV's main cast really does feel like a family at this point. No other FF has that feeling, except maybe XV's.

Edit: Oh, and "dark broody armored manly guy" is the Warrior of Light; in promotional art they just use a default hyur, but he's representative of the player's character lol. So substitute your own created WoL in his place.

Last edited:

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really basing this on their physical designs, but their actual characterizations, personalities, and development/growth they have. As someone else in this thread said, XIV's main cast really does feel like a family at this point. No other FF has that feeling, except maybe XV's.

Oh, and "dark broody armored manly guy" is the Warrior of Light; in promotional art they just use a default hyur, but he's representative of the player's character lol. So substitute your own created WoL in his place.

Oh, so he's the player character essentially. That's kinda funny tbh. Feels like the character most players (dudes, at least) probably make, lol.

Anyway, sounds cool. You just posted the picture so I didn't really get what was so special about the cast. It's a shame FF14 is an MMO, as it's really not my thing. Cuz I like what you're saying and I really do think elf girl looks pretty rad.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Even with its problems, it probably really is XV? I never for a minute didn't think these 4 guys weren't really friends with unique personality quirks that played off of each other.

Oct 27, 2017
VII Remake made me care about the character's more than any other FF.

Same. I would go one step further and say I care more about the characters in FF7 Remake than any other game I've ever played. There isn't another game out there, even outside of the Final Fantasy series, where I care as deeply as I do.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I only play XIV, so that's what I'm going with. Story was such a fucking slog in AAR, but I grew to love everyone eventually. Even Urianger became super cool.