• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm partial to 7 IX and XII

I think IX nailed it to tell you the truth...
Not too chibi... not too Fluffy not too tall... Just the right amount of fluffy cuteness with a ball on top.

and the sound is perfect too...
None of this SAYING kupo ...
Kupo should just be a sound

Just like wark and kweh are sounds... not actual words spoken by a chocobo.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For me it is Crystal Chronicles and FFXII:
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo4_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo8_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo5_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo7_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo1_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo6_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo3_400.gifv
tumblr_p6jwkfr1WS1s2wenvo2_400.gifv

tumblr_ore1umekhV1v51x2go1_1280.gif

OP said cuteness but I also love these guys by how atheistically intricate they are without being too much.

Oct 25, 2017
IX is the best.
XI is really good too. Basically just the IX design without the chibi art style.
Another favorite is the new Chocobo series design. From the Wii Chocobo Dungeon and the Chocobo Tales games. Not the PSX Dungeon and Racing games.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The VI moogle is the 'real' moogle in my mind, but I'm also a fan of the XI version.

And the fuck is up with that VII Remake moogle? That thing looks horrible!

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
I love how polarizing XII's moogs are. I'll also add to that fire. XII's moogles are the best. I love those guys. Having personalities helps. Honorable mentions go to XI and VI.

Honestly though I like all the moogle designs. However, I kinda can't stand any moogle that has an actual voice actor and says the kupo part in their lines haha.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
VI is the iconic Moogle for me, likely because it was my first FF and also because Mog is a fucking boss.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
I think they'd be a lot better if (and I'm just going on XIII-2's horrendous approach):
  • They spoke with normal voices - the put on child / high-pitch is incredibly grating
  • 'Kupo' shouldn't be pronounced in full like some sort of custom / greeting - it should just be the Moogle sound effect from all the previous games (it's onomatopoeic dammit!)
I'm partial to 7 IX and XII

I think IX nailed it to tell you the truth...
Not too chibi... not too Fluffy not too tall... Just the right amount of fluffy cuteness with a ball on top.

and the sound is perfect too...
None of this SAYING kupo ...
Kupo should just be a sound

Just like wark and kweh are sounds... not actual words spoken by a chocobo.

Thank you!!!

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I like big fluffy moogles, so it's Crystal Chronicles all day with FF14 in a distant second place.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
IX's are moogles as I imagine them in my head, and I think they're great. However, going through XIV recently, they are definitely up there. They're just little assholes that I love and Good King Moogle Mog, may his name always stand in reverence, has a great fight that always amuses me.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
XI. Naturally the best FF has the best Moogles.

They look after everything for you, your house, your plants, all your items. They change your job, they sort your mail box and deliveries... all the while spinning around like a cutie.

<3 kupo.

latest

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I really hope XVI has Moogles as an actual race once more, even if they might be more reclusive as opposed as something as XII. Like, I don't see that game being heavy on non-human races, really. Who knows.

I'm not the biggest fan of the fictional creature/doll approach in VII, VIII, X or XVI, in any case.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
9 or 14 I like them both. For 14 though the moogle beast tribe does a lot to endear you to them. Design wise I like 9 the best.

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
Definitely the IX Moogle designs are the best ones in the entire Square Enix imagery. The designs from XI and XIV are really nice, too, and I don't mind the Ivalice Moogle designs, to be honest.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
I could paint and shave the little fuzzy fur ball in Crystal Chronicles, so that one.

I mean, shaving and such isn't required for it to be the cutest, but abusing the little shit for being my worst enemy in single player lovingly play dressing up with the widdle fuzzball was just so cathartic cute.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
FFIX's Moogles were the best. I like their design and the way they were implemented into the game. In some of the games the Moogles are mere set dressing. FFIX made more of an attempt to make them useful.

latest