• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Some pokemon city from the early gens when the worst that world had were pokemon thieves.

ecruteak_city_by_kidura_d6t8ngi-fullview.jpg

Probably Ecruteak City if the music is diegetic

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, the Shire would be my choice insofar as Middle Earth is concerned.

ive always been really fond of Gehrman's little joint in the Hunter's Dream from Bloodborne, to be honest. that would be my top choice. maybe through a nice leather Chesterfield couch in there, though.

Oct 31, 2017
I can manage the Starbucks in Wakanda

Edit : retire is in the title lol

I'm smoking all the heart shaped herb in Wakanda

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Risa from Star Trek seems pretty nice. At least as long as there's not an interstellar war going on or fundamentalist wackadoos threatening to turn off the planet's weather control satellites or seismic stabilizers.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Ingary, from Howl's Moving Castle would be nice.

Probably need a moving castle to fully appreciate it though.
abodyisaheavything.jpg

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The place in Spirited Away. No pollution, no racism, less technology, and people can live however they choose.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
OP convinced me, either Rivendell or the Shire would be top tier places to retire if you could still get internet.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Anywhere in the 40k universe would be an exciting place to retire.

Maybe one of the Craft Worlds perhaps? I always thought Iyanden would be an exciting place to spend my final days, especially during the time when Hive Fleet Kraken came for a visit..

IyandenBattle.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, or really anywhere cozy, yet bustling with magical folk, in the Harry Potter / Hogwarts universe

867429.jpg

latest

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these places seem great but I'd get so bored there.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of anywhere specific. Probably a well-developed city in a City Builder game. But more Sci Fi

Mar 30, 2019
My first instinct would be Myst Island, with a stockpile of D'ni books and instructions on how to create an Age. That way I can create any stable world that I want with a pretty chill hub world.

But I think that may be cheating the question so I'm going to choose Arni Village from Chrono Cross instead.

chrono-cross-wallpaper-11.jpg

The colors, music, beachfront access, and seafaring skills are a pretty awesome draw for me here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Is it cheating to say the Good Place? I want a Janet and a shrimp dispenser.