• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your Eivor memory stream

• Default: The Animus will represent the MALE or FEMALE stream, depending on its current strength

Votes: 66 12.4%
  • Female: Play the FEMALE Eivor stream

Votes: 223 42.0%
  • Male: Play the MALE Eivor stream

Votes: 194 36.5%
  • Flexible: Change back and forth depending on how you feel

Votes: 48 9.0%

• Total voters

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
It'll come down to the VO for me, just like it did in Odyssey.

Kassandra sounded fantastic, Alexios... not so much.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I like the male design so I'll use that. I also didn't like Kassandra much, to be honest. Evie was great, and I would have killed for playable Elise.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like female voice in this one (I didn't like male voice in Odyssey) so this time I am picking male option whenever I decide to play the game.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the male design but using Eivor as a male name is just... urgh...

Will probably end up choosing female.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm choosing male but it's cool you can switch them on the fly. I probably will.

I played through Odyssey as Alexios. It would've been nice to switch to Kassandra but I was so far through that it put me off.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Default ? The character switching between male and female during the story will be so weird, not sure how they will pull that off but it will be interesting to see.

I'll probably go with whoever has the best voice acting unless the default offers a great explanation for switching.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Since the protagonist's name is Eivor, I'd go with female for sure.

(I'd probably go female anyway though!)

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
There were gay romances in odyssey though romances in general weren't exactly much to tell about in odyssey
Yeah I loved living my queer greek fantasy. They weren't perfect, but it was still a huge part of me feeling good in the world. Which is why if they cut that from Ragnarok, I don't think I would enjoy it nearly as much. Here's hoping I can be a gay viking.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I nearly always choose the female character if there is an option. But I think the male character in Valhalla is more visually striking than the female. So I might choose him (might just be the beard lol). That said you have options for hair type and hair colour along with face and body tattoos.
Unfortunately I doubt the story or dialogue reflects the gender you choose so it's ultimately kinda' meaningless. Unless it does, in which case that'd be a surprise and an improvement.

Yeah I loved living my queer greek fantasy. They weren't perfect, but it was still a huge part of me feeling good in the world. Which is why if they cut that from Ragnarok, I don't think I would enjoy it nearly as much. Here's hoping I can be a gay viking.
You can absolutely be a gay Viking.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Female. I like her design a lot more, Eivor seems like a more fitting game for a woman, and I tend to prefer playing as women if given the choice, so...

But it's nice to have the possibility of switching between the two whenever you want.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't follow AC's news. How the heck is this default option which has the player play as both genders going to work?

Last edited:

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
when i have the choice, always male. if i dont have a choice and it fits the story like Lara croft i dont mind at all.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That there's a default option pleases me

Hopefully there's a default option for choices so I don't have to go down the silly player choice rabbit hole too

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
Whichever feels better acted probably.

I have the benefit that I dont think I'll be getting it at launch so I will be able to look into it a bit more before I start.

From the previews so far neither has stood out to me much either way as being better and in the case that neither is better, guess ill flip a coin

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
If I do end up playing it, I'll go with male Eivor. Not many games where as a nordic guy I get to play as a nordic guy and wreak havoc.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably female or default. Don't like male Eivor's voice from what I've heard.

Edit:
The Male version is voiced by the actor who played Cnut in The Last Kingdom, so it's a very easy choice.
Lol so that's probably why.

I've been playing Odyssey with Alexios and started to regret it like 40 or 50 hours in, but that was too far into the game to start over. I'm glad we can change anytime now.

Sarevok

Jul 13, 2020
Nothing better then a female warrior so I'm going with (you guessed it) female Eivor.
In all the videos I've seen, she looks and sounds better than her male counterpart.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I didn't follow AC's news. How the heck is this default option which has the player play as both genders going to work?
It just said you can change on the fly, which seems kinda odd I mean wouldn't all your crew be like wait a minute who's this? Lol

I'll be going good old viking bloke eivor

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Canon is actually the animus switching version that will be both male and female during the game.
That... doesn't make sense. Especially for a story trying to pretend this was a real historical character, and real historical events. Unless there's a big reveal where Eivor is gender fluid and likes to switch it up depending on their mood each morning, Ubi saying "both are canon" just comes across as deliberately being wrong in an attempt not to offend anyone.

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen so far, I far prefer the male version, both in terms of voice acting and looks. But it's going to be strange to hear everyone call him Eivor, since it's so unequivocally a woman's name. So, I'm still undecided.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Female because
lagertha.jpg

Stormblessed

Feb 21, 2019
I'm a white dude with blonde hair so I'm gonna play as the white dude with blonde hair. I know it's boring but I like playing as characters that look like me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last time around i went with Kassandra so i'm up to play as a male.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'd want to play as female Eivor, as that's always the way I go if offered the choice, but I kind of like the fact that male Eivor is voiced by Cnut from The Last Kingdom.

I won't be playing it for months anyway, haven't finished Odyssey yet.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, i prefer playing ladies but i prefer Cnut's voice. So...

I guess i could pick the default option just to see what it's about with this both are canon stuff (i guess it's just that Eivor's dna is somehow corrupted and neither the historians or the animus can determine between male or female). And then i'll probably pick the one i prefered the most and stick with that gender. I guess.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
That... doesn't make sense. Especially for a story trying to pretend this was a real historical character, and real historical events. Unless there's a big reveal where Eivor is gender fluid and likes to switch it up depending on their mood each morning, Ubi saying "both are canon" just comes across as deliberately being wrong in an attempt not to offend anyone.
Of course it doesn't make sense, but ubisoft doesn't give a shit about the lore or consistency anymore, lol
you can just change at anytime anyway, so whatever.

they'll probably explain it away with something like, oh the whatever whatever is too damaged so we cant really be sure if Eivor was a male or female, so we are gonna rely on the animus to make the best judgement at each memory sequence blah blah

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
I'm undecided. Played Kassandra in Odyssey and had a blast so i'm leaning towards female Eivor. Will probably listen to the VO a bit and decide then. Definitely not as opposed to play male Eivor as i was with Alexios who just seemed lame all around.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Going with female, but the default option is really interesting. So cool that they've found a way to do that and still remain in lore.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Whoever has the best acting and sound and visual appeal. leaning towards male atm. Kassandra is the best tho.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm undecided. Played Kassandra in Odyssey and had a blast so i'm leaning towards female Eivor. Will probably listen to the VO a bit and decide then. Definitely not as opposed to play male Eivor as i was with Alexios who just seemed lame all around.
Yeah I'm also undecided, and while Kass was an easy choice for the amazing VA, neither option has impressed me yet here from what I've seen. I'm probably going to decide based on the hair and fashion options for each gender =P

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Kassandra was great, but going with male now because it just looks and feels better this time, unless the acting turns out terrible.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Female because she`s my type. ;)
But it also depends on the dub. If female Eivor`s German voice actress is as great as Kassandra`s, that`s 2:0 for Miss Eivor.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure yet. I like the design of both and like what I've heard so far in terms of voice-acting for both as well. Will probably try them out for a while before making my final decision.