• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best tentacle monster?

• Rathtar (Force Awakens)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Bor Gullet (Rogue One)

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • Thala-siren (Last Jedi)

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Summa-verminoth (Solo)

Votes: 37 34.6%

• Total voters

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rathtar from The Force Awakens
DWhRu9RW0AAMxxm.jpg

Bor Gullet from Rogue One
y98gD.jpg

Thala-siren from Last Jedi
latest

Summa-verminoth from Solo
latest

Anyone who doesn't vote for me will feel my wrath.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is going to go in a totally different direction than intended.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The force sensitive trash compactor monster that was just trying to say "hi" to Luke.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Thala-siren has tentacles?

Anyway, it's too close to call. I'm thinking Bor Gullet, but I feel bad for the others if I pick that one.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
dianoga-main-image_0cfe282b.jpeg

The Solo one probably wins by default in this poll though as the other three are like the worst things in their respective movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it to the Rathtars. That went south for everyone quick.

And the visual of Han Solo throwing that guy into one was fucking Ace.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Not a popular opinion but I believe the rathtar sequence is the best out of any of these, as I don't consider the TLJ example to fit in with tentacle monster
The poster I was responding to said that CGI tentacle monsters shouldn't be in Star Wars at all, so I reminded them that they've been in Star Wars for a while.
My bad. I thought you were including it as an example of a time it was used well as a counter.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
The sea-cows are not tentacle monsters but they are the best creatures in that list.

Nov 11, 2017
Thala-siren not tentacular
But is best
This.

Solo one was crammed into the movie late and made no sense. It was bad enough what they did to the 'Kessel Run' but then they added a monster to have it make even less sense.

Force Awakens Rathtar were the worst part of the film. Although the punch to lightspeed smearing them across the windshield was pretty great.

Dec 22, 2017
Bor Gullet felt the most 'Star Wars' to me. Served no purpose other than "look at this cool weird shit they have". Like something from the 80's droid cartoon.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A tentacle monster called Summa Verminoth? Disney should sue themselves.

Mr Pricklefingers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 4, 2017
I read the thread title as testicle monsters, and after glancing through OP decided the walrus with balls was the only one that fit.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
As always, The Last Jedi shouldn't even be taken into consideration (no tentacles).

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Bor Gullet is iconic.

Rathrar sequence was the most un-Star Wars sequence in TFA, and I like that film.

I don't consider Sea Cow a tentacle monster in TLJ.

Wasn't keen on that Lovecraftian space squid in Solo.

However, I really liked Solo's Lady Proxima design. Feels like an instant classic canonical Star Wars monster:

latest

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bor Gullet is iconic.

Rathrar sequence was the most un-Star Wars sequence in TFA, and I like that film.

I don't consider Sea Cow a tentacle monster in TLJ.

Wasn't keen on that Lovecraftian space squid in Solo.

However, I really liked Solo's Lady Proxima design. Feels like an instant classic canonical Star Wars monster:

latest
They did a fucking terrible job showing this design in the film. I don't remember her looking anything like this at all and I saw the movie twice. Probably the brown/grey smudge that's all over the screen.