• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Elsa is the princess most likely to become or is a villain tbh, depending on whether people decide they don't want a monarchy anymore/hold critical views of the royal family. She could easily obliterate entire armies. I think most Marvel heroes and X-men would have a fight on their hands with her tbh, as well as the DC heroes.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Elsa could destroy the revolution single handily.

Anna spends most of her free time with the people. I figure she's safe. She was also willing to destroy her whole kingdom to save the proletariat already, she'd bring about democracy if asked nicely.

Raya/Mulan/Rapunzel could escape or fight their way out if it got bad enough. Snow would get saved by the dwarves, Jasmine would get saved by Genie/Aladdin/Carpet, Aurora has the three fairies to save her. I feel like Moana would refuse to escape.

Tiana is a restaurant owner and business women, she's far from a high target.

Belle and Cinderella are kinda doomed.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably should add a qualifier at the front of that question: Which Disney Princesses are living in settings where such a revolution would be possible (nevermind revolutions that would put them in harm's way, since more than a few of them aren't really princesses)? In most cases, very likely not - we're talking mostly medieval-era settings where the notion of an alternative form of government is virtually unthinkable for the uneducated populace. The main exceptions are the ones who were born in more modern times, or in the case of Belle, during or after the French Revolution, and even then her lover isn't exactly a king, mostly just a noble who was probably too far away from the cities to be of real note for the revolutionaries.

And in most of these cases anyway, the princesses are too kind and beloved, or even have experience living as a commoner to understand the aims of a populist revolution. And in the cases of the Princesses whose characters settings are reasonably developed enough to make an educated guess on how the populace would treat them and the girls treat the populace in turn... Actually, I haven't really watched a proper Disney animated film in ages, so fuck it, these are really the only two I'm actually familiar with that probably apply:
  • Belle: Empathetic and educated, and also knows her community, who don't really have any beef with her. Also, the Beast is now a handsome dude who's grown significantly as a person and knows how to treat people better, so they're probably both fine.
  • Jasmine: Let's be honest, she's probably gonna be a way better ruler than her dad, considering she is not only intelligent, but her husband is a street-smart fellow who can advise her on the plight of the poor and the common working man. Also, she has a literal genie she can ask favors from. Agrahbah probably would actually lose out from trying to overthrow her.
All the others are either in films I'm not familiar with/haven't watched, or have settings that aren't developed enough, I think.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
But they are the INTERNET VERSION of the princesses
which means they lived through all the horrors of fanart

Is this really surviving ?
They're still alive

Their souls are forever tainted and scarred beyond recognition, but still technically alive

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'd all survive except Belle. She's already a bit of a snob towards the common folk and an uprising certainly wouldn't do her any favors.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
All I'm picturing now is a newspaper headline stating that the prince of Maldonia and his wife were killed in a car bombing by revolutionaries while driving in New Orleans.

I feel like the ability to survive a revolution dwindles the more you have access to explosives and guns.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Princess Kidakagesh from Atlantis.

She already has experience in stopping an armed insurrection, what's a little populist uprising?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Just to make this more clear on it, the Official Disney Princesses, according to the Disney Princess franchise, as it stands (because yes I've looked into it):

-Moana
-Mulan
-Merida (the only non-Disney Animation Studios)
-Pocahantas
-Cinderella
-Aurora
-Snow White
-Rapunzel
-Tiana
-Belle
-Jasmine
-Ariel (despite being non-human for most of the film, she's made human at the end)
-Raya (most recently added)

Qualifications for princesses require great acts of heroism (Mulan, Moana, and I assume Raya?), being royalty (Rapunzel, Jasmine, Aurora, Merida, Pocahantas kind of, Ariel), or being married/romantically linked into royalty (Belle, Tiana, Snow White, Cinderella, also Aurora and Ariel). They also have to be primarily human, hence no Nala or Miriam. They also have to have been created in a theatrical release, and in the first film, not a sequel. They also have to have been popular enough to market, but not so popular that they spawn their own franchise. Frozen was so big it spawned its own franchise, so Elsa and Anna don't qualify.

Esmeralda was technically a Disney Princess for awhile, but didn't sell enough so she dropped out. They were planning on pushing Tinkerbell, but made her the head of the Disney fairies franchise instead and replaced her with Tiana. They also planned on making Jane a princess as well, but they don't have the rights to Tarzan anymore, so that's that. Apparently Disney also wanted to use Giselle, but since she was partially live action, there are rights involved with merchandise.

Just so everyone knows what's technically a Disney Princess.

Disney princesses who probably could qualify but don't:
-Kidagakesh (Atlantis The Lost Empire)
-Vanillipe von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
-Elsa (Frozen)
-Anna (Frozen)
-Nala (Lion King)
-Elonwy (Black Cauldron)
-Tiger Lilly (Peter Pan)
-Miriam (Robin Hood)
-Esmerelda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
-Megara (Hercules)
-Giselle (Enchanted)
-Princess Atta (A Bug's Life)

Jun 17, 2019
Snow White would probably survive. Why?

1. Was forced as a child after her father passed into being a servant (kitchen maid) to the Queen. Stripped of all her titles until she was nearly murdered by the Queen using the hunter to cut out her heart.

2. As a servant learned how the poor were treated and has a greater understanding than most about the life of a person of lower class.

3. Her kindness and non judgemental personality allows her to become a symbol of hope for the people to gather around. She was able to get both the Huntsman and Grumpy on her side.

4. Likely to act as a humanitarian during the events and probably cook, clean and help those wounded on the rebellion side. You need people to do that and bring cheer to others in these situations.

5. Would more than likely give up her crown as she knows the fundamentals of living a normal life. So could live without luxurious items. Or happily be a constitutional monarch or a figure head if need be.

6. While she can't fight is extremely diplomatic and willing to trust and listen to others. So she would be willing to stage an intervention and discuss matters with the other side to bringba peaceful solution to the problem before a war broke out.

7. Because if her ties to the dwarves she could easily do something with some of the gems to make sure people have money or other needs met.

Anyone saying Snow has no chance has not fully watched the movie or studied her character.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
file-20191011-96208-ur76yz.jpg

For every single one of them.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Snowwhite, with the help of her merciless band of not very tall trained killers (who work part time as miners).

Because she would lead her forces to crush the revolution in the bud, and hang, draw and quarter all the revolutionary leader.
Long live the Queen.

GrandHarrier

Oct 25, 2017
Jasmine would not only survive an attempted coup, but would likely be able to crush the dissidents. She'd likely institute some reforms afterwards to placate the masses.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
All I know is that if Arendelle ever wanted to stage a coup, they better not harm a hair on Anna's head or they'd all be turned into ice by their terrifying god queen.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mulan's interesting. It really depends on which side she chooses tbh. In the original it could've gone either way but in the remake she seems very much a loyalist to the throne even if it treats her like a second class citizen for being a woman.

Add me to the pile that says Elsa since she's the most likely to mass execute a revolution. She is based on a villain after all so who knows what she'd do if her thrown is threatened.

Also poor Anastasia, despite not being a disney princess, is the only animated princess that we can say definitely did not survive a revolution.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I think they'd all survive except Belle. She's already a bit of a snob towards the common folk and an uprising certainly wouldn't do her any favors.

I think it's less her being a snob and more her only surviving the last revolution because the castle inhabitants were magical creatures. They're cured by time she marries so she has no unique defence, same as Cinderella.

Apparently no one cares about Merida every other princesses are mentioned, canon or not canon.

Merida would 100% survive, I don't think there's any other option for her at least.

Just to make this more clear on it, the Official Disney Princesses, according to the Disney Princess franchise, as it stands (because yes I've looked into it):

-Moana
-Mulan
-Merida (the only non-Disney Animation Studios)
-Pocahantas
-Cinderella
-Aurora
-Snow White
-Rapunzel
-Tiana
-Belle
-Jasmine
-Ariel (despite being non-human for most of the film, she's made human at the end)
-Raya (most recently added)

Qualifications for princesses require great acts of heroism (Mulan, Moana, and I assume Raya?), being royalty (Rapunzel, Jasmine, Aurora, Merida, Pocahantas kind of, Ariel), or being married/romantically linked into royalty (Belle, Tiana, Snow White, Cinderella, also Aurora and Ariel). They also have to be primarily human, hence no Nala or Miriam. They also have to have been created in a theatrical release, and in the first film, not a sequel. They also have to have been popular enough to market, but not so popular that they spawn their own franchise. Frozen was so big it spawned its own franchise, so Elsa and Anna don't qualify.

Esmeralda was technically a Disney Princess for awhile, but didn't sell enough so she dropped out. They were planning on pushing Tinkerbell, but made her the head of the Disney fairies franchise instead and replaced her with Tiana. They also planned on making Jane a princess as well, but they don't have the rights to Tarzan anymore, so that's that. Apparently Disney also wanted to use Giselle, but since she was partially live action, there are rights involved with merchandise.

Just so everyone knows what's technically a Disney Princess.

Disney princesses who probably could qualify but don't:
-Kidagakesh (Atlantis The Lost Empire)
-Vanillipe von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
-Elsa (Frozen)
-Anna (Frozen)
-Nala (Lion King)
-Elonwy (Black Cauldron)
-Tiger Lilly (Peter Pan)
-Miriam (Robin Hood)
-Esmerelda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
-Megara (Hercules)
-Giselle (Enchanted)
-Princess Atta (A Bug's Life)

Yeah, the 'popular enough to market but not so popular they're their own franchise' is the big one. Anna and Elsa would have been inducted but they sell gang busters with their own branding. I think Moana was delayed a bit because of how well her merch sold too.

I feel like Nala would qualify but being a lion it'd be hard to include her in any of the toylines.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Belle and Cinderella pre-their-own-movie would be fine. They are both Disney's equivalent of proletariate. Post-movie they are probably screwed though.

Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna and Jasmine are royalty. They are doomed.

Esmerelda and Mulan are probably leading said revolution so they're good.

Moana, Merida, and Pocahontas are not as clear. If it's a revolution within their own local societies then they are all technically royalty and donzo. In a modern setting they are probably all fine. Based on their own past behavior they are joining in the revolution if anything.
Belle would be an Enlightened monarch, since her big interest in science. Might be like those nobleman who initially supported the French Revolution in its early days hoping for a parliamentary monarchy.

The big question is Tiana. NOTHING in her background seems to indicate she would be a good monarch, and her husband is a jerkoff idiot, with some unpleasant similiarity to actual caribbean 20th century leader.