• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 24, 2019
Disney opening up its catalog of IP to developers could result in some very cool projects!

Which developers-IP pairings would make you squeal like Piglet?

For the purposes of this thread, please do not suggest Marvel- or Star Wars-related things, since those games are handled by different divisions and will not be impacted by this announcement.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Disney x Nintendo of course

I'd love a Mario & Mickey 3D Platformer, exploring different Disney worlds.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
For some reason my first thought was an immersive sim but that's what epic mickey was suppose to be apparently.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, Smash Bros. Ultimate X Kingdom Hearts?

Not a KH fan myself but I know a lot of people would piss their pants if Sora got in. Imran recently said that Nintendo tried getting the rights a long time ago but it didn't work out back then. Maybe things could be different now, especially with Disney's recent comments here.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disney and Nintendo should make the game Kingdom Hearts should've been.
All Disney no 4D Chess.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the internet's reaction if Ubisoft made an Aladdin game rather than a new Prince of Persia lol
giphy.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Follow me here.

Japan Studio makes a Lilo & Stitch game

It's like Ape Escape, but you are trying to catch all of the different Experiments.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
listen up.. I don't know which developer would make it, but I really, really want another big budget Mickey Mouse 3D platformer.. :<

it's hard to suggest any studio because I doubt an Indie team would be given that opportunity and even then there are not so many that make 3D platformers.... and at the same time, suggesting something like Nintendo or Sony (more realisticly, since Nintendo rarely make games with IPs they don't own) would mean be exclusive of one platform.

Well.. I guess I would also accept a very good sidescrolling, but preferably an ambitious 3D platformer

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Three Caballeros by whoever makes assassin's creed at ubisoft, where you could walk around and explore different places in south and Central America.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever Nintendo people worked on Wind Waker, give 'em Moana

Colossal Order (Cities Skylines) get Zootopia

Frontier (Planet Coaster) gets the Disney Theme Park licensing

Kojima Productions presents National Geographic: The Game

And finally, Story of Seasons: The Simpsons

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Sony Santa Monica x Superman
Disney will own DC soon so might as well start pitching the idea now

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Tron and Monolith for a sequel to 2.0 or Legacy, whichever would be greenlit faster

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Honestly, Gamefreak should try and make a Lilo&Stitch RPG. They nailed Hawaii in Gen 7, and with over 6000 expierments gone rogue they could vase it off of Pokemon.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Duck Avenger x Rocksteady/Insomniac/Sucker Punch

504269._SX270_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Wizards of Mickey x Camelot or Larian for something Divinity OS2-like

STK408533_1024x1024.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean x Ubisoft

Lone Ranger x Avalanche Studios

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Monsters Inc. and Double Fine.

Simpsons Hit & Run 2 made by a reformed original team.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Disney x Square Enix again. This time with Yoko Taro as the director. With folk tales such as the little mermaid following the original script. Like Ariel feels like knives getting stabbed at her feet but because the prince loved to see her dance she kept dancing. Prince marrying another person anyway and Ariel suicide dying in the sea turning into bubbles.

In fact I think he already did this kind of ip but in mobile.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Crystal Dynamics - Gargoyles
Insomniac - Tale Spin (Open world, with flying and cloud surfing, and so on)
Dontnod - Indiana Jones
Vicarious Visions - Gummi Bears, Jump and run with Jack and Dexter like world structure
Rocksteady - Darkwng Duck
Amanita Design - Atlantis-The Lost Empire

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Double Fine x Nightmare Ned would be pretty rad, if anyone remembers Nightmare Ned even exists though

nightmare-ned_3.png