• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had plans of buying chairs for this table.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Weeks ago I found good deals to pay off for them in installments, but now it'll have to be put on hold for a few months due to our current anticipated economic issues. But I do want to get your opinion anyway.

Duse (19 inches long x 20 inches wide x 39.0 inches high)

McclendonVelvetUpholsteredParsonsDiningChair.jpg

Juno ( W 19" / D 20.5" / H 42" / 44 lb. )

0d623d330d139c4e_6289-w413-h550-b0-p0.jpg

Bannantine
  • Seat Dimensions: 21.75 inches wide x 17 inches deep x 19.75 inches high
  • Overall Chair Dimensions: 21.75 inches wide x 23.75 inches deep x 35 inches high
Bannantine-Black-Finish-Grey-Velvet-Dining-Chairs-by-iNSPIRE-Q-Modern-d09b1295-5202-489d-a0ff-07e734d040c4_1000.jpg

Modrest Legend ( W 20" / D 25" / H 41" / 49 lb. )
FrisinaModernUpholsteredDiningChair.jpg

Gianna (W 24" / D 22" / H 29.5" / 31 lb. )

81NQ9WrehL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks like an exquisite table for .. certain activities.

I like the Gianna chairs.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks like an exquisite table for .. certain activities.

I like the Gianna chairs.
Got a good deal on the table from a store in Austin that was having a sale (way cheaper than Wayfair or Overstock).

And the Gianna's were my original choice due to design, problem is they are the shortest (back is 29.5 inches, which is like halfway down my back.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, Juno.

I think arms look bad on dining table chairs so I'd avoid anything with that.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Gianna but the black/black may seems a bit too uniform. The Banantine actually cuts the straight lines of the table.

You should ditch the rug tho. Will look weird with any type of fabric-covered chair. Also seems really bizarre this close to the completely different other rug.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a good deal on the table from a store in Austin that was having a sale (way cheaper than Wayfair or Overstock). And the Gianna's were my original choice due to design, problem is they are the shortest (back is 29.5 inches, which is like halfway down my back.
Nice! I like the sleek and modern style, both of the table and the chairs. I'm not sure if the black on black of the chairs/table would make it too monotone, but it seems you're going for a modern look and the silver/chrome on the chairs seems like it'd offer a nice break to the dark hues. I dig it.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
I'm not really a fan of the Gianna chairs, but they're the only ones that match the color of the table (and other furniture appearing in these pictures). Are the others available in black?

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It's difficult to say without having the dimensions of the table and chairs.

Form is important but function is just as important given I imagine you'll be using these rather than just for decoration.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gianna but the black/black may seems a bit too uniform. The Banantine actually cuts the straight lines of the table.

You should ditch the rug tho. Will look weird with any type of fabric-covered chair. Also seems really bizarre this close to the completely different other rug.
Yeah I had bought the rug when the main carpet was originally a different colour. The apartment changed the carpet since I've been there for years, but to a completely different colour, so I'm stuck with the rug for now. It's why I was considering those blue chairs on top.

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I had bought the rug when the main carpet was originally a different colour. The apartment changed the run since I've been there for years, but to a completely different colour, so I'm stuck with the rug for now. It's why I was considering those blue chairs on top.

Why not directly on the hardwood floor then? With a black and chrome table, and black/chrome/grey chairs, you don't need another grey/black stripey thing under it, it will be too much.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really a fan of the Gianna chairs, but they're the only ones that match the color of the table (and other furniture appearing in these pictures). Are the others available in black?
Yes.
It's difficult to say without having the dimensions of the table and chairs.

Form is important but function is just as important given I imagine you'll be using these rather than just for decoration.
Updated the original post with the dimensions. :)

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! I like the sleek and modern style, both of the table and the chairs. I'm not sure if the black on black of the chairs/table would make it too monotone, but it seems you're going for a modern look and the silver/chrome on the chairs seems like it'd offer a nice break to the dark hues. I dig it.
Yeah, I either have a choice of making everything black and chrome (and replace the rug) or embrace the colour of the carpet and take blue chairs, with some art on the wall up in the corner next to the shelf.

Leonid-Afremov-The-Tears-Of-The-Fall-Framed-Plexiglass-Wall-Art-Set-of-3-3f80d63d-5f94-466e-8026-4961e971555f_1000.jpg

It's my first time getting stuff coordinated like this, so a lot of stuff I bought last year might clash with what I had my eyes on this year!

wow this is the same table my fiance has in her home. Does your extend?
Yes, it's the Midvale table from Furniture of America (called something different at other expensive websites).

Bought the extendable for when I eventually move to a bigger apartment/ house. Price included white glove delivery and setup!

No one is eating at that dinner table...
Yeah well, before it was just a coffee table there since I usually don't have much people over. Decided to fill out the space!

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here are the other chairs in black:

Balisa-Velvet-Chair-N-A-53b8d5cf-af30-4f64-af41-2bf49becc044_1000.jpg

default_name.jpg

71S9JcFoNFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Astor-Dining-Chair-Button-Tufted-Set-of-2-23797cac-e247-41ea-8998-449b7ca9e747_1000.jpg

Astor-Dining-Chair-Button-Tufted-Set-of-2-a61af4e7-39c1-4489-9213-89818215b2f9_1000.jpg

(well technically the Modrest doesn't come in black yet, these Astors are the closest though.)

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, Juno.

I think arms look bad on dining table chairs so I'd avoid anything with that.
Juno chairs

Looks fancy
Juno. It helps that it matches the carpet too.
I'd go with the Juno
Juno is definitely the safest bet
I liked the Juno because of the metal legs and it has a wide base for sitting, compared to the narrower Duse.

They also come in blue, though not as good as the Duse's.

732NAVYC_2.jpg

I also thought I could have these Juno's on the sides, with these captain chairs at the heads:

So I was dismayed to find out they are sold only in the UK.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually surprised no one liked the first set of chairs? No one liked the Chevron pattern on the Duse? :)
Here's the Gianna in other colours:

options:MERI366_15_NavyBlueChrome.jpg

81N-90GubZL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Amazon is offering me 5 monthly installments on these as well. Hope that's still available later this year.

Seems to be the most popular choice so far, alongside the Giannas!

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
Seems to be the most popular choice so far, alongside the Giannas!
When I see the Giannas, I think about the additional spacing needed due to the armrests, and between the window and the door there it doesn't look like you have a lot of room to play with. Have you already measured the space to make sure guests can comfortably push their chairs back and stand up if their back is to the wall or window?

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I see the Giannas, I think about the additional spacing needed due to the armrests, and between the window and the door there it doesn't look like you have a lot of room to play with. Have you already measured the space to make sure guests can comfortably push their chairs back and stand up if their back is to the wall or window?
Just 22 inches from the wall and window right now. I haven't moved the table since it was set up, so I can always pull the table out a bit. A lot of people aren't going to be coming over much anyway and the extra chairs are for when I move to a bigger space anyway. Just want a spot for them to eat besides the couch.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Shame the Modrest doesn't come in black, cause that'd be the winner for me. The Duse is great too, but feel like it would fit better if the base was squared, not rounded.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
My wife is a designer and she liked the 3rd and 4th pics of chairs.
Said the blue is good also but a huge color commitment to the room.
🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So mad. I was gonna pull the trigger on the Juno or Duse chairs, but the mpnthly payment option for the first inexplicably switched to another item in my wishlist, and the cost of the blue/ back colour on the Duse went up. Think I might just save and pull the trigger a month from now for 6 chairs.

Or I can buy the Bannatine now, and use some for porch chairs and sell the rest.
Frankly the table looks very unusable. Can't even stretch your legs.
I checked with my computer chair. People on the sides can stretch one leg at a time around the central support but otherwise you'll have to get up to stretch. People on the ends can stretch even with the leaf closed. I still like the table, but that's a good point you bring up that I'll have to keep in mind when I eventually move to a bigger apartment.

My wife is a designer and she liked the 3rd and 4th pics of chairs.
Said the blue is good also but a huge color commitment to the room.
🤷🏻‍♂️
I had planned to put a slim credenza against the wall. Either this blue one to fit the blue chairs and mat:

FuelCredenzaNavySHS16_1x1

I was also wondering if I remove the mat if this credenza would fit the hardwood floor.

SuspendMediaConsoleSHS18_1x1

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Wait, is it normal to have cloth dining room chairs? What happens if you get food/wine/anything-colorful on it?

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is it normal to have cloth dining room chairs? What happens if you get food/wine/anything-colorful on it?
I just won't get them dirty. I've come to accept over the years that I really don't like leather. I just like velvet better. I have a fantastic huge leather couch set that my aunt gave me, but I'll eventually will switch out in 5 years.

I'm fully aware it's not as practical but I just wanted to get what I like at this point.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So mad. I was gonna pull the trigger on the Juno or Duse chairs, but the mpnthly payment option for the first inexplicably switched to another item in my wishlist, and the cost of the blue/ back colour on the Duse went up. Think I might just save and pull the trigger a month from now for 6 chairs.

Or I can buy the Bannatine now, and use some for porch chairs and sell the rest.
I checked with my computer chair. People on the sides can stretch one leg at a time around the central support but otherwise you'll have to get up to stretch. People on the ends can stretch even with the leaf closed. I still like the table, but that's a good point you bring up that I'll have to keep in mind when I eventually move to a bigger apartment.

I had planned to put a slim credenza against the wall. Either this blue one to fit the blue chairs and mat:

FuelCredenzaNavySHS16_1x1

I was also wondering if I remove the mat if this credenza would fit the hardwood floor.

SuspendMediaConsoleSHS18_1x1
Which wall gets the credenza? Looks like there's barely enough room for the table and the only wall is near the door where it looks really tight. Not sure how anything would fit

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
Whatever you pick, go with squared off angular chairs to match the table, not something curvey. The metal parts should be silver. For the fabric, you could go with any color. I'd base fabric color on whatever colors you have going in the rest of the room.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
OP not getting any of the sex on the table references has me dying lmao

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which wall gets the credenza? Looks like there's barely enough room for the table and the only wall is near the door where it looks really tight. Not sure how anything would fit
The one with the shelf. I was planning for a slim credenza with sliding doors. I'll only have a couple of friends/ family over at a time anyway. The 6th chair against the wall will just stay there until I get a bigger place.
I like the duse but apparently I'm in the minority here
Same here. I guess people don't like the rounded seat and the tapered back, but I like the chevron pattern.
I'd go with the Bannantine, since they're the lightest color.
They are also the most affordable by far. I'm going to get a couple for the patio anyway.