• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
None. Not even Naughty Dogs which I see people bringing here. Even under Sony, Uncharted 1 was average at best.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Zachtronics

I have no idea how Zach can so consistently and quickly iterate on his familiar formula yet every release feels like something fresh and brain-breaking in a new way. While still having time to experiment with stuff like Eliza (and then hit a home run with that too)

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, another potential one, although I haven't played 100% of their titles:

Zachtronics

They've got their niche down really well and put out some of the best puzzle/programming games out there today.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Zachtronics

I have no ides how Zach can so consistently and quickly iterate on his familiar formula yet every release feels like something fresh and brain-breaking in a new way. While still having time to experiment with stuff like Eliza (and then hit a home run with that too)

Damnit you beat me to it haha. It's amazing they managed to make assembly fun with TIS-100 and somehow gamified FPGA programming with Shenzen IO.

Bavera__

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
I know it's a bit like cheating but Respawn Entertainment

They only made 4 games so far (not counting the cancelled mobile and f2p titanfall games) and they've all been pretty incredible

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
A few more:

Frictional Games - Penumbra, Amnesia, and SOMA. All absolutely stellar titles.
Unknown Worlds - Natural Selection 1/2 are a fantastic blend of RTS/FPS and deserved more success than they had. Subnautica is the epitome of the survival genre.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly the smaller studios that haven't made a lot of games, but put a lot of love into what they do make.

Arkane

Frictional

The FTL devs

The Natural Selection/Subnautica devs

Wadjet Eye games

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Retro Studios is a good one.

Klei Entertainment has a damned strong track record too. Shank, Mark of the Ninja, Invisible Inc. Don't Starve is supposed to be really good too, though I bounced off of it like i bounce off of every other survival game.

Oct 27, 2017
I probably won't say everything is exceptional by these studios, but anything announced by Drinkbox, Klei, or Image & Form is mostly guaranteed to be incredibly well made and a ton of fun.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I searched for Respawn on the first page, no hits. How embarassing, they'd take my vote for sure. Supergiant also

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Naughty Dog, Rockstar (just ignore Manhunt), CDPR, Respawn, Playdead, Playground Games, Ensemble (RIP).

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
There was a time I would have said Bioware, up until the triple knock out punch that was Dragon Age II, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3. Now I'm not sure there's any dev I consider so highly.

Respawn, maybe? The first Titanfall didn't do anything for me since its multiplayer only, but 2 is a game of the generation contender and Fallen Order is fantastic.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
images

I didn't know this board had so many Way of the Warrior fans...

way-of-the-warrior-07.png

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen a couple of people saying Naughty Dog, but only in reference to Uncharted and TLoU. You do realize that they made Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot, right?

Edit: To be clear, I love Crash and Jak. Just setting the record straight.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sony 1st party. Far more than any other developer they consistently ship super polished titles with very little in the way of bugs and glitches.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
None is perfect, but close to that:

Kojima (kinda cheating)
Naughty Dog
Blizzard
Valve

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Playdead and GenDesign/Team ICO,but the sample is small for both.Naughty Dog since 2007.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
ZA/UM. More than any other developer, I can't wait to see what they do next.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say Supergiant, but was a) beaten to the punch and b) kinda feel like they go for the easy way out, in a way. Like I feel a lot of their stuff, Pyre aside, is basic brawler with different lore flavors and MOBA skill design. Which works fine by itself, and there *are* other layers of involvement on top of it, but it has some serious diminishing returns for me.

I'd say Retro. Even their worst game, MP3, was still pretty good.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about perfect histories (even studios like ND and FROM have iffy games in their past), but here are the studios where I would buy the game for full price knowing only the developer and nothing else:

Naughty Dog
Retro Studios
FROM Software
Team Cherry
Kojima Productions
Playdead
Polyphony Digital

In terms of perfect history the best (of studios that are not brand new like Team Cherry) would probably be Retro and Polyphony, and those teams still have some 8/10 games in their past.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
  • Squaresoft. Their worst game was FF VIII, and its not terrible, just mediocre. What a studio it was
  • Supergiant

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a couple of people saying Naughty Dog, but only in reference to Uncharted and TLoU. You do realize that they made Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot, right?

Edit: To be clear, I love Crash and Jak. Just setting the record straight.
Those are great though. The stinker should be Way of the Warrior. And I don't really know if Keef the Thief or Rings of Power were any good. That last ~25 years though have been really solid.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Insomniac for me.

Never played the Resistance series but those were pretty well received.
Lowest rated thing seems to be Fuse which didn't even seem bad, just a bit bland.

They've got a bunch of mobile and VR stuff I didn't know about but none of that seems bad either, just smaller in scope.

But the Ratchet and Clank series has been and continues to be one of my favorite, most consistently quality franchises ever.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Naughty Dog made Uncharted 4... so that's a nope from me.

I'll give it Team Ico, Playground Games, Criterion, Respawn, and Rockstar North.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica
Tough this Legendz leak for SSM worries me a bit. It straight up sounds like a flop, lol

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Rockstar since GTA III
Kojima since MGS1
From Software since Demon's Souls
Arkane since Dishonored

...all impeccable runs of excellent, formative games.