• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 24, 2019
For me, the one studio that immediately comes to mind is Supergiant. Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and Hades are all perfect experiences to me. The art direction, the music, the addictive gameplay, the unique settings, etc. always blow me away every time. They haven't made a single misstep thus far, and I would consider them to be a studio with a "flawless" track record. This is of course subjective and nothing is ever truly perfect, but I think they're about as close as you could get.

Which studios do you think of as flawless studios? If they have even a single stinker in their portfolio, then you have to disqualify them from your list!

Last edited:

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
For me, the one studio that immediately comes to mind is Super Giant. Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and Hades are all perfect experiences to me. The art direction, the music, the addictive gameplay, the unique settings, etc. always blow me away every time. They haven't made a single misstep thus far, and I would consider them to be a studio with a "flawless" track record. This is of course subjective and nothing is ever truly perfect, but I think they're about as close as you could get.

Which studios do you think of as flawless studios? If they have even a single stinker in their portfolio, then you have to disqualify them from your list!
I came here to say Supergiant and was beaten already lol.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
None that I can think of.

There's a big gap between "exceptional" and a stinker though

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
images

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
None. They typically have to get their feet wet and eventually if you stick around long enough you will inevitably falter.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Supergiant is definitely the closest to this description. Uncharted 1 sinks Naughty Dog, despite it being a perfectly "fine" game.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know any dev that has not at least one game in their portfolio i didn't like, so none.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Team Ico, Team Silent, Punchline, Retro, Warp (based on the games I've played) and I'm thinking White Owls when they release their second game this year.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
ZA/UM, I guess. Disco Elysium is one of the most exceptional games I've ever played, but it's also the studio's only game so far.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of one. Every develepor I like has at least one game I don't consider to be exceptional.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a near impossible standard to live up to. Does Team Andromeda count? They made Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Saga, all of which are fantastic.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
For me, the one studio that immediately comes to mind is Supergiant. Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and Hades are all perfect experiences to me. The art direction, the music, the addictive gameplay, the unique settings, etc. always blow me away every time. They haven't made a single misstep thus far, and I would consider them to be a studio with a "flawless" track record. This is of course subjective and nothing is ever truly perfect, but I think they're about as close as you could get.

Mmmmh... The Behemoth goes very, very close to this description.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
FromSoft, Naughtydog is close but Uncharted 1 is a 7/10, Supergiant is a good one but I haven't played Hades, Sony Santa Monica is another close one for me.

Edit: Yup Playground, those guys get better every game and there first game was exceptional

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I would've said Paradox Dev Studio between the Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria and Stellaris franchises.

But their recent Imperator: Rome game was a bit shaky compared to their other flagships.

I'd also drop a nod to Klei. They really seem to have the Midas Touch, shipping killer titles in wildly diverse genres. Oxygen Not Included, Invisible, Inc., Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja and more.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll know From Software has been around a minute and their output has been far from impeccable.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sucker Punch has a strikingly high success rate.

Helmed the Sly Trilogy (4 was Sanzaru games and is still fairly solid), helmed the Infamous games (First Light is the only game of Sucker Punch that is arguably mixed, that's about it.), Ghosts of Tsushima is shaping up well. Even Rocket: Robot on Wheels is a solid underappreciated N64 platformer.