• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which games are you planning to get?

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Votes: 83 37.6%
  • Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Watch Dogs Legion

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • Cyberpunk 2077*

Votes: 169 76.5%
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light

Votes: 40 18.1%
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 29 13.1%

• Total voters

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I'm realizing that I haven't been paying attention to the third party launch games for next gen. Which ones are you going to get? I think I am most interested in Assassin's Creed because I loved Odyssey, but I'd love to hear what people think about some of the other options.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond Light with my GP sub. Cyberpunk for sure and Cold War is a maybe. I'll see after the beta.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll get Destiny cause it's on Gamepass. Valhalla and Watchdogs when cheap and Cyberpunk when next gen version is ready.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs, Cyberpunk and COD will be bought, as well as Dirt 5 probably.

Most of them (probably all except COD) on PC though.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077 for sure and I'll play the Destiny expansion if I can get my hands on a Series X around launch.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Switching to XBOX for Destiny since it's free there and my clan on PS4 disappeared this past year. Probably getting Legion and Fenyx Rising on PS5 unless they run noticeably better on Series X. Cyberpunk definitely on Series X.

Oct 30, 2017
Valhalla and Legion because they will already have official PS5 version this November.

CP2077 next year when they release an official PS5 version.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
None of them really appeal to me enough to pay full price but I might give Devil May Cry a go a while after launch once it's cheap.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Dirt 5
Watch Dogs Legion
AC Valhalla
COD Cold War
Cyberpunk

Might jump back into Destiny 2 (haven't played since the second expansion) seeing as Beyond Light is coming to Game Pass day one. Don't feel a huge pull though. All of those ^ are 100% certs.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
none, maybe Valhalla if I am super bored.

CP2077 doesn't count cause i'll be playing the PC version.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Cyberpunk will be out the same day as the PS5 here in Europe.....

The thing with next gen is (I pre-ordered both XSX and PS5) that there is little sense in buying any other games for me, because I will be playing Cyberpunk for weeks/months.
Just don't know on what system yet.
I'll grab Demon's Souls just to own a PS5 game I guess. Am super stoked for Yakuza 7 but that one can wait.

All in all, the buffet of launch games is exquisite this time around 2020.
Not a poo poo platter like 2013.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Definitely AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077, probably Dirt 5 as well.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Every Gamepass user is getting Destiny 2 Beyond Light
Definitely Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
the only game that i am super interested in (due to Witcher 3) is Cyberpunk, and even that is tinged by a little disappointment because we already know there will not be a PS5/XB2 version. I'll probably play a bit and then just wait for a next gen patch.

other than that the other game I plan on playing at launch is Call of Duty Black Ops. Probably wait for Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla for 6-9 months and get ultimate digital for 75% off, by then I expect the next gen patches to be smoothed out as well

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Cyberpunk, though the timing of that purchase will be determined on how performance is on next gen consoles right at its release date. If I think it looks and runs decently in just 'boost mode,' I'll buy it in November; if not, I'll wait until 2021 when the promised next gen version is available.

I'm getting DMC5SE at launch, though. I loved DMC5 and as ever, want to see what playing as Vergil is like with the SE release. I hope there's a few more unannounced surprises, too!

EDIT: Yakuza 7 will be an auto-get depending on when I get my Series X, too. I know the Series X optimized edition is a timed exclusive, so if I get my Series X before that exclusivity ends and presumably a PS5 version releases, I'll buy it for Xbox. PS5 if I don't have an Xbox by then.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
can destiny 2 be considered? Since it's on gamepass and in a f2p game, i guess it's just a DLC not a full launched game.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Valhalla is Day 1 cyberpunk is after the full update is out. I'll also be playing avengers day 1 but I already own that.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the ones I already own, Avengers & Destiny 2. Although I may have arm twisted a bit to get Cold War from everyone I know wanting to try PS5/Xbox Series cross-play.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Just cyberpunk. Considering that for X at the moment. Going to be packed with so many games on various platforms with GP, Zelda, miles that will have no time. And the rest just don't interest me enough to get immediately

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Probably will get Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs at some point, but not at launch, and depending on reception.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
None. I'll be buying PS5 on launch to play PS4 backlog with comfort :D
And waiting Ratchet. TLOU2, Cyberpunk nextgen upgrade.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Valhalla (unsure if I do the smart thing for once and just wait for the gold version to be half off when all the dlc is out), maybe Cyberpunk but that one has the "next gen upgrade" coming and I'm usually not one for replays...